why believers in the one and only God, should not neglect serving the poor

Lonestar believes that everyone over history went strictly by the Bible and never forced tithes on citizens and required them by statute.
Different governments and Christian denominations have INTERPRETED the Bible differently and according to what best fit their needs to CONTROL the citizens over the last 2000 years.
Scary that those that deny that also do not know that is EXACTLY why the Founders ran from that and God is not mentioned in our laws anywhere and there is NO RELIGOUS TEST to hold any public office.

Hey dumbass, you made it sound as if EVERY Christian was mandated by law to tithe.

And I shown that to be utter bullshit. Now you choose to point to specific times and places in history where that may have been true.

You are as full of shit as your name indicates.

Lonestar believes that everyone over history went strictly by the Bible and never forced tithes on citizens and required them by statute.
Different governments and Christian denominations have INTERPRETED the Bible differently and according to what best fit their needs to CONTROL the citizens over the last 2000 years.
Scary that those that deny that also do not know that is EXACTLY why the Founders ran from that and God is not mentioned in our laws anywhere and there is NO RELIGOUS TEST to hold any public office.

Hey dumbass, you made it sound as if EVERY Christian was mandated by law to tithe.

And I shown that to be utter bullshit. Now you choose to point to specific times and places in history where that may have been true.

"Tithing was never by force" is what you stated verbatim.
"Tithing was never by force" Lonestar.
You liar, I never stated that every Christian was mandated by law to tithe.
And I proved you ignorant and wrong citing NUMEROUS laws, statutes and practices over time where tithing WAS BY FORCE.
Why don't you man up and admit you were schooled and wrong?
Your milk is weak. You aren't the kind of Texan we met in 1984 at the Cotton Bowl.
10-9 once again.

And I proved you ignorant and wrong citing NUMEROUS laws, statutes and practices over time where tithing WAS BY FORCE.
Your milk is weak. You aren't the kind of Texan we met in 1984 at the Cotton Bowl.
10-9 once again.

Het stupid, we were discussing Biblical times when I said it wasn't forced. I said that God did command it but no one was FORCED to OBEY the command.

And that's when you raised the bar.

Kind of difficult for everyone in history to go strictly by the Bible when the average person had no access to the Bible until the 15th century. Thank God for the Printing Press and for minor Muslim Chinese skirmishes which gave us paper.

In fact, the scriptures note a period where the people clearly didn't comply with tithes and offerings. In Malachi 3, God rebukes the people for robbing Him and promises that the windows of heaven will be opened up on us so much so that we wont have room to recieve the blessings if we do pay our tithes and offerings.

10-9 once again.

Het stupid, we were discussing Biblical times when I said it wasn't forced. I said that God did command it but no one was FORCED to OBEY the command.

And that's when you raised the bar.

Another lie to cover up the other lie that covered up the other lie.

"was never by force" means NEVER.
The societal mores forced everyone to do it. Was that in many societies all over the world and started in Biblical times.

Kind of difficult for everyone in history to go strictly by the Bible when the average person had no access to the Bible until the 15th century. Thank God for the Printing Press and for minor Muslim Chinese skirmishes which gave us paper.

In fact, the scriptures note a period where the people clearly didn't comply with tithes and offerings. In Malachi 3, God rebukes the people for robbing Him and promises that the windows of heaven will be opened up on us so much so that we wont have room to recieve the blessings if we do pay our tithes and offerings.

Exactly, that made for even more interpretations of Scripture in those days. Many books were left out of the Bible. And it also dispels the myth that most Christians went by the Bible before the 15th century.
And I never said everyone went strictly by the Bible. My point is exactly the opposite. My point is that governments and churches went by what they wanted to control the population, not what any Scripture or the Bible stated. The tithe and tax was control.
One has only to look at the post I positive reped Lonestar to know where I stand.

Forum List

Back