Why argueing with Liberals is a waste of time.

I'll just copy and paste my reply.

It isn't liberals, it is liberals and conservatives. It isn't even people, it is sheep. The problem isn't with the philosphy, the problem is the origin of the philosophy and the burden of proof in a discussion.

There are liberals and conservatives, the majority of them, with whom one cannot have a discussion. Once someone has adopted either moniker they begin to judge things based on affiliation instead of evaluating issues as they come up.

Then you get in this vicious circle of deciding whether man makes something true or something true makes a man. You lose the ability to judge statements made by certain people. Examples of this would be many liberals and Obama. Oh wait, don't think you're left out conservatives... Conservatives and Ronald Reagan (for whom I have the highest regard, but he wasn't perfect) or Rush Limbaugh... Both are the patron saint of conservatism.

What is frustrating arguing with people is that they are predisposed to looking for approval, not answers.

Mike

Last edited:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/4808072-post27.html

Rdean , when faced with the fact the Fed has no authority but States do, says dumb shit like above. And it is supported by Liberals all over the board and the Country.

Funny, but CONZ are awfully silent on the Fed's right to regulate to go after pot growers in states where Medical Marijuana has been legalized, pointing to the authority of Federal over State Law.

Let us know what side of this issue you actually stand on.

because arguing with some of you conservatives is a grand time.

There are fools on both sides. ;)

In a broad overgeneralization I will say this. There is a direct link between personal freedoms and personal responsibility.

Neither liberals or conservatives recognize the relationship. Liberals would ignore personal responsibility and conservatives would ignore personal freedoms. In reality no person who has no freedoms can be expected to be responsible and no person who has no personal responsibility can act freely.

Mike

Rdean , when faced with the fact the Fed has no authority but States do, says dumb shit like above. And it is supported by Liberals all over the board and the Country.

Funny, but CONZ are awfully silent on the Fed's right to regulate to go after pot growers in states where Medical Marijuana has been legalized, pointing to the authority of Federal over State Law.

What part of NO FEDERAL AUTHORITY don't you understand? Neither the Commerce clause nor the clauses dealing with Taxation give the Fed the power to force residents of the Country to BUY some service.

What part of NO FEDERAL AUTHORITY don't you understand? Neither the Commerce clause nor the clauses dealing with Taxation give the Fed the power to force residents of the Country to BUY some service.
The power was given to Obama by his little-known Constitution Czar.

The Fed can FORCE you to PAY YOUR TAXES, can't they? How?
If I can be FORCED to pay Fed taxes for enterprises and policies I don't agree with, like the Iraq war, then you can bet your sweet patootie that you can be taxed for healthcare too.

I don't see that big a difference between the Fed taking my TAX money for national defense, etc and them getting a chunk of that for a healthcare plan.
But then I'm silly that way, wanting to go the European model and pay half what I'm currently paying AND getting better care.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back