Why Are There So Many School Shootings?

What Are There So Many School/Public Shootings?

• Guns

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Parenting

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Public Education System

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Diet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Media Sensationalization

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Video Games / The Internet

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Drugs

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
2/ Suicidal tendencies lead to suicide by cops and/or when committing mass murders there is no way out resulting in self inflicted wounds resulting in death.

... this is interesting... why more suicidal tendencies....? or is that not what you were saying....?
My kids are 17 and 20, and believe me, I'm sometimes amazed that kids today even freaking survive that long.

Take the peer pressure and social craziness that high school kids had to deal with 20, 30, 40 years ago and multiply them by a thousand because of social media.

2/ Suicidal tendencies lead to suicide by cops and/or when committing mass murders there is no way out resulting in self inflicted wounds resulting in death.

... this is interesting... why more suicidal tendencies....? or is that not what you were saying....?
My kids are 17 and 20, and believe me, I'm sometimes amazed that kids today even freaking survive that long.

Take the peer pressure and social craziness that high school kids had to deal with 20, 30, 40 years ago and multiply them by a thousand because of social media.

True. I remember growing up, I just worried about keeping my friends and keeping my grades.

Now, there are so many more expectations. It's not enough to have all A's (or a 4.0 GPA in the old days....) you have to have extra curricular activities both inside and outside of school. I would have never made it into college in modern times, it's not a world for introverts or underachievers....

The failed promise of hope and change... By an intellectual lightweight who happens to be a lifer politician with no real world experience and no common sense.

See hope and change

I wouldn't say there are more suicidal and murderous tendencies nowadays than in times past, however I do believe when religion was more dominating in people's lives the sanctity of life was an overriding factor not to commit those acts when suicidal or murderous thoughts entered the mind.

Well, let's see. A shooting in a school? We need more people packing guns. A shooting in the mall? We need more people packing guns. A shooting in church? We need more people packing guns. We have more people packing guns, and the shootings continue to increase. Perhaps this part of the equation is not in line with reality?

Well lets see, someone else shoots up a school, and the left's response is to make it harder for ME to get a gun.

Social pressure, media models of success and the lack of preparation for that kind of success in life, and the constant input of social media.

Get your kids out of the public school system, away from television and all social media. It is making the kiddies crazy.

It is interesting to see that people, who are foreigners to the U.S.A. are chiming in for supporting anti 2nd Amendment ideas when it is not of their concern. Maybe the envy, what is transparent in their posts, compels them to try ridiculing the American way of life. Maybe they are on George Soros' payroll who finances worldwide anti gun efforts. Maybe they should just shut the fuck up. They gave up their right to be free so their bitterness is unwarranted.

The expression, "...so many school shootings..." is statistically absurd.

There is a multiple shooting at a "school" once every couple years in this country of 300 million people. In gross terms, they are committed by pathetic losers who are both looking for attention and are near-suicidal.

By comparison, there are dozens of homicides every weekend in the U.S., 90+ percent of which are committed with firearms. Most of the perps and victims are "Black," and since Black lives truly don't matter much, it goes on perpetually with no let-up in sight. The same Progs who want to repeal the Second Amendment to stop the occasional "school shooting," simply yawn when you mention the relative avalanche of individual shootings that pervade our Urban Weekends, especially in Summertime. Case in point is Our Beloved President, who often states that "we know how to stop this," and yet during his decade as a politician in Chicago, he never attempted to do whatever it is in his mind that will "stop it." But I digress...

Focusing on the relatively rare mass shootings in schools is political masturbation, intended to inflame the population into accepting some sort of generalized removal of firearms from people deemed unfit to own them.

The Progs who engage in this political masturbation, (a) cannot name a specific measure that has any chance of eliminating the phenomenon, and (b) know that due to the Second Amendment, anything that is even brought up in our legislatures would be laughed out of town, as well as being roundly rejected by a vast majority of the U.S. population.

At any given moment, there are hundreds of pathetic losers in our midst, fantacizing about ending their lives in a blaze of "glory," as they gun down the high school bullies, teachers, and others who have, in their own minds, made their lives miserable. Most of such dreamers don't have the balls or the resources to carry it off, but occasionally one slips through the cracks.

Hardly a reason, statistically speaking, to repeal the U.S. Constitution. We could save many times more lives in this country simply by enforcing the highway speed limits. I hope that never happens.

At this moment in the US there are about fifty people who honestly believe if they eat dog shit for breakfast they will live forever.
There will always be mentally ill people. Amongst them there will always be an extremely small fraction of mentally ill people who will commit mass murder.
If they can't get a gun they'll use a bomb or a car.
Ironically the extremely low number of mass murders committed with a gun compared to the number of legal guns in the possession of normal sane people is the "exception that proves the rule".

Only the nutters talk about banning, "gun grabbing". They are their own worst enemy.

The blame is not on "gun free zones". As with the Oregon shooting, most mass shootings have guns present.

If the fault was with poor mental health care, other countries would also have mass killings - just with different weapons.

To my knowledge, there is no other first world country where people actually have guns with them all the time. Its laughable, its ridiculous and its self-defeating.

On average, a mass shooting once every week.

Three children shot dead every day.

Ten people every day.

Most guns used in mass shootings were purchased legally - proving that our laws are completely inadequate to the problem.

When is enough a enough?

It is simply part of American culture. Note that was not a choice as most have their head in the sand.

Hip hip hooray, Americans believe firmly in their right to be shot dead, it is in their Constitution. The NRA believes too death is inevitable, why attempt to stop it, all eternal life schemes fail, so Americans get a gun and test your right to shoot or be shot. Stuff happens remember. Do this simple test with your gun or guns, should you be well armed. Make sure your gun is not a dud. Aim at your wall, your TV, your foot, test it on yourself, remember it is your right, written in your constitution. Get your neighbors together, form exercises with your guns, have someone run out with an AR15 with body armor. See who can shoot them first. Make sure you are all on opposite sides of the machine gun packing American NRA constitution loving gun lover with their AR15. If anyone dies, no biggee, stuff happens, you're only be adhering to your beliefs and rights. Living real those rights as they now happen so often in American massacres, upholding your god given right to bear arms. No one lives forever. You're tougher than those sissy Australians, show them your stuff. Hope all goes well. Oh and one more thing make sure your insurance is paid up. Eric of Columbine fame is with you, no gun control, he practiced what he preached. Going out in a hail of bullets is as American as apple pie.

So is arson something the Australians simply believe in since they burn people to death very often in mass fires……?

And you need to realize that Americans use guns to stop crime 1.5 million times a year according to bill clinton and his Department of Justice. And our gun murder rate is going down, not up as more Americans own guns…while in Australia…after your confiscation, your gun murder rate is going up, not down.

So how will Australia explain their gun murder rate increase after the confiscation?

On average, a mass shooting once every week.

Three children shot dead every day.

Ten people every day.

Most guns used in mass shootings were purchased legally - proving that our laws are completely inadequate to the problem.

When is enough a enough?

Dip shit…that is a lie……in 2013 the number of children who were killed in accidental gun deaths was 69. The anti gunners take 15 year old gang members…..killing people on commands from their gang leaders and define them as children….and the CDC has a category to cover that….15-25…..nice category when you are trying to inflate numbers….

Check out CDC final death statistics table 10….

And again, most of our gun murder occurs in tiny, multi block areas in inner cities….the rest of the country is as safe as Europe and even in those cities…you stay out of those democrat neighborhoods and you are safe.

I have listed mass shootings each year according to Mother Jones…..never more than 75 people have been killed in one year by nuts…in a country of over 320 million people.

Because Yanks love their peashooters....

And you Europeans love your death camps….12 million at a whack…that is some record……you might want to reflect on that, the intentional murder of 12 million unarmed, innocent people….before you cast stones…..

Well, let's see. A shooting in a school? We need more people packing guns. A shooting in the mall? We need more people packing guns. A shooting in church? We need more people packing guns. We have more people packing guns, and the shootings continue to increase. Perhaps this part of the equation is not in line with reality?

Yes we do….since the only people packing the guns in the school, the mall and the churches….were the killers…everyone else was unarmed….see how that works….

And if you look at the schools, the malls and the churches where normal people had guns on them….they stopped the shooters…..Clackamas mall….in Oregon…..several schools were staff had guns in their cars and got them in time…..and several churches where church goers had guns…..

The churches that were gun free zones…2 of them on record…15 dead…..

The churches that allowed church goers to carry guns….2 dead….

So you point is wrong.

We have the wrong people using guns to murder unarmed people who can't defend themselves…..that is the equation that is out of line with reality…armed resistance at the time of the attack saves lives…..

Forum List

Back