Why are the stocks diving so much lately?

Why are the stocks diving so much lately?

Because China is manipulating the economy she now controls to cause the American Bull to fall finally to its knees before she and Russia and pals move in for the feast. Our Bull was gaffed nearly to death by BigRobotics, BigOutsourcing & BigHealth and its job-stripping, economy killing rippling-attrition.

They were counting on ruthless capitalism to fell the beast and what do you know? They were right. There still may be milliseconds to pull this around but you know how slowly things work in DC. I fear we are doomed.

I just heard they're down 340 or so. If it's a course correction where is the bottom?
Could end up being a strong correction or a bear market.

China's problems, energy/tech/financial sectors in freefall, some deflationary/weak economic data, and the fact that the market was badly over-valued are all factors.

The Fed can't prop up the market forever, and that's what it was doing for the last six years. Experienced/institutional investors knew that.

Greece is imploding, oil is in the tank, uncertainty about the US economy.
Russia is in depression, China is having a melt down..Japan has a recession which has lasted a dozen years..yet the US dollar is riding high.....Death to those that seek to penetrate our markets protected by the US dollar...

What if the Fed really isn't there to help the American people, but has other plans?

The chickens came home to roost. This was inevitable
It's called competition..Or,,,,King of the Hill...

Gawd you're a dope...go play outside
If you have ever built houses or speculated for a living you'd understand.....but,,,Nooooooooooooooooooooo...

I trade daily. Now run along runt, you don't even amuse me anymore
I do to, Pokemon cards...Then I flip a house....

The market is going down for three reasons

1. The market is worried about China. Capital is fleeing because the economy is in trouble, and central bank reserves are being drained. The market is worried that China is not devaluing fast enough. If they don't, there will be a dollar shortage, and the stock market will go down a lot more.

2. Oil. Energy is going into a depression. The market thinks lower energy prices is reflective of weak global economic growth. I differ slightly, since I think it's more of a supply issue. But Saudi Arabia isn't backing down, and won't until supply comes off the market. The petrol states are selling assets, including stocks, to pay for their budgets. Lower energy prices in the US and the recession occurring in the materials and industrial economies may bleed into the broader economy.

3. The Fed raised interest rates. The market is worried that the Fed is making a mistake, given the weakening economy. Fed policy has also propped up the market to some extent. That is being unwound now.

Forum List

Back