Expensive Obama Vacations Bring About Lawsuit, ‘Abuse of Taxpayers’ Money

How come this stupid phony outrage crap comes up every 6 months or so?

The president needs an entourage, an expensive one, including the secret service....

This stuff gets more and more expensive every year, and the GOP always tries to exploit those figures to promote the idea that Obama spends more on vacations than anyone before.

The Democrats will be doing the same thing to the next President...like they hammered on "W" for his Crawford trips

The president needs an entourage, an expensive one, including the secret service....

This stuff gets more and more expensive every year, and the GOP always tries to exploit those figures to promote the idea that Obama spends more on vacations than anyone before.

The Democrats will be doing the same thing to the next President...like they hammered on "W" for his Crawford trips

The point is that milk runs to Crawford were a bargain to egregious quantities and extravagance associated with vacations. The Democrats made the stink about cheaper trips to Crawford yet tell US to accept the Marie Antoinette lifestyle of their guys.

The real solution is just to end presidential pay and let him take whatever he wants from the treasury. This way he can spend to his heart's desire. Why not just let him take it all! Every ounce of tax payer dollars will be his money. I guess Obama really does own America at that point. I don't know what we will do about deficit spending because Obama might need some new shoes or something.

More wasted court time...

I totally agree. The monarchy can do whatever it wants with government money. It might be wrong and all but the courts will side with Obama and let him do whatever he wants with government money. They last time I checked whenever a CEO of a corporation uses corporate money for personal use that was call embezzlment but this is OBAMA and obama can do whatever he wants because he is king of America.

The real solution is just to end presidential pay and let him take whatever he wants from the treasury. This way he can spend to his heart's desire. Why not just let him take it all! Every ounce of tax payer dollars will be his money. I guess Obama really does own America at that point. I don't know what we will do about deficit spending because Obama might need some new shoes or something.
Sucks when you are the peasant....No?

I've been saying WE will all be Shocked how much that couple has HOSED us taxpayers for with all their expensive living once he moved on up to the east side.

some of the worst IN our face spending I've seen out of someone who was basically a NOBODY, before he was Crowned this thing sent down from the heavens above.

I guess that was part of his Transformation of the country and the people in it he supposedly care about.

it was sickening to watch it. and then hear them spew about how he Inheirted the worst: recession since the GREAT depression.

The point is that milk runs to Crawford were a bargain to egregious quantities and extravagance associated with vacations. The Democrats made the stink about cheaper trips to Crawford yet tell US to accept the Marie Antoinette lifestyle of their guys.

milk runs?

During Bush’s two terms, the cost of operating Air Force One ranged from $56,800 to $68,000 an hour. Bush used Air Force One 77 times to go to his ranch in Crawford, TX. Using the low end cost of $56,800, Media Matters calculated that each trip to Crawford cost taxpayers $259,687 each time, and $20 million total for Bush’s ranch flights.

They are suing for an FOIA REQUEST, for information on what the costs were, because they don't know what the costs were....

He's not being sued for his vacations. STUPID CHILDREN, the young republicans....but they've learned well from their parents on how to make up bull crud and promote it in their echo chamber

They are suing for an FOIA REQUEST, for information on what the costs were, because they don't know what the costs were....

He's not being sued for his vacations. STUPID CHILDREN, the young republicans....but they've learned well from their parents on how to make up bull crud and promote it in their echo chamber

wow, that was nasty

A President and his entourage could stay at the finest hotel in Paris for a year, and it would be a teeny tiny fraction of the money our Republican congress spends on congressional hearings created for electioneering purposes only

milk runs?

During Bush’s two terms, the cost of operating Air Force One ranged from $56,800 to $68,000 an hour. Bush used Air Force One 77 times to go to his ranch in Crawford, TX. Using the low end cost of $56,800, Media Matters calculated that each trip to Crawford cost taxpayers $259,687 each time, and $20 million total for Bush’s ranch flights.

$20M Compared to what the lawsuit is saying Obama's Entourage-infused boondagles total $74M.

I could care less what or where a president goes and does ... I mean vacations/golf/etc should go with the job regardless of party.

another RW non issue, pay no attention.

milk runs?

$20M Compared to what the lawsuit is saying Obama's Entourage-infused boondagles total $74M.

The report, though, doesn’t measure the cost of a vote. It showed overall appropriations for the House in the current fiscal year totaling $1.226 billion.

Divide the $1.226 billion by 52 (weeks) and you get to roughly $24 million a week.

the House voted to repeal Obamacare 55 times over a two year period ...... infuse that up your boondoggle.

Where does obama go ? Martha's vineyard? That's a helicopter ride from DC.

Hawaii. Gee, it's only where he is from .

You really think that's excessive ?

A President and his entourage could stay at the finest hotel in Paris for a year, and it would be a teeny tiny fraction of the money our Republican congress spends on congressional hearings created for electioneering purposes only

The whole reason anyone pays taxes is to fund the government and its operations which includes Congressional hearings on anything are a part of that. Obama's use of air force one to conduct government business is a part of that. Obama using money not designated to him by law is simply a form of embezzlement but I really think I am wasting my time with this because a lot of democrats would rather live in a monacrchy where the king could do whatever he wanted. It must feel good for you to bow and worship but some of us think that is just out right degrading to do so.

Forum List

Back