Why are sexual sins so much worse?

We have all seen evangelicals campaign against homosexuals, but then seemingly turn a blind eye to other sins or are more forgiving of other sins. People then deride their hypocrisy regarding holding some sins to be condemned above other sins.

However, today we see this in the secular world. Is anyone all that concerned if a Congressman gets pulled over for a DWI? What if they are shown not to pay their taxes? Is there a lynch mob out to take them down for such "sins"?

It seems to me that this is simply how human beings are wired.

What say you?

An old guy banging teen girls is worse than other “sexual sins “. I don’t believe I’m alone in thinking that .

Why?

Is it worse than creating a retirement scheme where government robs the money and leaves IOU's so that there is nothing left for future retiring seniors?

Is having sex with a teen girl worse than letting retired people starve and go without shelter?

Evangelicals are notorious for holding gay folk as bigger sinners than people who have other sin problems.

Care to back that up with specific examples?

I'm an evangelical. I've seen it enough and political figures that pander to them always bring it up, like we saw with Roy Moore.

We have all seen evangelicals campaign against homosexuals, but then seemingly turn a blind eye to other sins or are more forgiving of other sins. People then deride their hypocrisy regarding holding some sins to be condemned above other sins.

However, today we see this in the secular world. Is anyone all that concerned if a Congressman gets pulled over for a DWI? What if they are shown not to pay their taxes? Is there a lynch mob out to take them down for such "sins"?

What say you?
GOP puts gays at top of GOP top ten Hate List.

1. Gays
2. Muslims
3. Blacks
4. Hispanics
5. Liberals
6. Jews
7. Women's rights
8. Sick and disabled
9. College professors
10. Scientists

And now for the left top hate list

1. Sexual predators (which includes Trump)
2. Trump
3. Trump
4. Trump
5. Trump
6. Trump
7. Trump
8. Trump
9. Trump
10. Everyone associated with Trump.

So why are the sex sins at the top of both lists?

What say you?

1. Gays
2. Muslims
3. Blacks
4. Hispanics
5. Liberals
6. Jews
7. Women's rights
8. Sick and disabled
9. College professors
10. Scientists
The dems
1. The unborn
2. Christians
3.the constitution
4 anyone outside the city limits
5. Jewish Israel
6. White people
7, the 3002 counties outside Virginia

What say you?

Well, the only thing that comes to mind is evangelicals hold the STAFF OF LIFE sacred and in their hands waving it around.

Because they can avoid being around drunks but not homosexuals.

Most Christians have no idea what it means to act Christ like

What say you?

1. Gays
2. Muslims
3. Blacks
4. Hispanics
5. Liberals
6. Jews
7. Women's rights
8. Sick and disabled
9. College professors
10. Scientists

you forgot teachers....

What say you?

Nothing hypocritical about holding some sins above others. Surely murder is worse than stealing a candy bar.

And yes it's the way we are wired, mostly we are wired in a way that reproductively makes sense, but not always, and not in the modern world.

All the Rock n Toll Hall of Fame guys are gonna have to give back their awards because we know what they did to girls who really really loved them

Gosh....we really shouldn't rank sexual sins above other sins.... in the Bible, God seems to be more forgiving for sexual sins, in so many cases...

Didn't King David have an affair with the married Bathsheba and get pregnant... and David arranged to have her husband killed?

Didn't God speak nice words about Rahab, the prostitute who helped Joshua's Israelite have a safe place and then make it in to the city....?

Didn't Jesus show great compassion towards the Adulteress that was being stoned by preventing her from being killed?

So, I am not so certain the God of the Bible smites all sexual sinners.....???
Wrong on so many levels.
Are sexual infidelities and sins greater than say, the sins committed by breaking 1 of the 10 commandments, bearing false witness, murdering, stealing, coveting a neighbor's goods etc?
Gosh....we really shouldn't rank sexual sins above other sins.... in the Bible, God seems to be more forgiving for sexual sins, in so many cases...

Didn't King David have an affair with the married Bathsheba and get pregnant... and David arranged to have her husband killed?

Didn't God speak nice words about Rahab, the prostitute who helped Joshua's Israelite have a safe place and then make it in to the city....?

Didn't Jesus show great compassion towards the Adulteress that was being stoned by preventing her from being killed?

So, I am not so certain the God of the Bible smites all sexual sinners.....???

David lost his child for his sins with Bathsheba and then arranging to have her husband killed.

Jesus did have mercy for the adulterer when he told her to sin no more but he was preaching to the self righteous hypocrites who were about to stone her.
Yes, David was punished on earth for his sins, as with most people who commit them...and their punishment on Earth is for the purpose of bringing repentance and bringing them closer to God. Was King David brought closer to God?
Was the Adulteress brought closer to God, by His forgiveness of sins?

King David was. I'm not sure about the adulteress.
I think she was...because her debt to Him for keeping her from being killed was so GREAT, and all he asked of her was to "sin no more"....to me, her love for Him, had to be the greatest in the world at that moment...He gave her "life" instead of "death", by His forgiveness....and might I add, He's done the same for all of us...

You're right.

There is a real problem in churches today. They tell congregations to avoid handing out around "sinners" when that is what Jesus primarily did.

Did Jesus or his apostles go around scolding people or promoting their agenda in a forceful way? No. All they did was speak and do good thing for people.

It's not complicated. Men make it complicated.

Did Jesus or his apostles go around scolding people

Yes. For example, Pharisees, Saducees and money changers at the Temple. He also spoke against sexual perversion and adultery.

He did, true, but Pharisees and Saducees are like many of today's religious leaders. But he was not that way with most.

Forum List

Back