Why Are Republicans So Relentlessly Cruel to the Poor?

Interesting article and much of it chimes with what we see in the UK.

It has to be coated with a thin veneer of religion to make it acceptable but in essence right wing politics is based on a selfish me me me doctrine. DISCUSS
Because they want their follower to believe they are being punished for their own good. Thats why a lot of the idiots that fell for Drumpf wanting to repeal Obamacare had no idea it was the same thing as the ACA.

As opposed to Democrats not knowing what "suffrage" means?

Why are much of the poor in The United States fat?
Because they eat terrible food and cant afford good food.
Of course they can afford good food. Good food does not taste as good as bad food. Food is the way the poor reward themselves. They can't afford a new car but they can afford an ice cream cone. They can't afford a steak but they can afford a big mac.
No they cant afford good food. Good food costs more than bad food. How could you not know this?

A car is not good food nor is a steak. Red meat is terrible for you.

Interesting article and much of it chimes with what we see in the UK.

It has to be coated with a thin veneer of religion to make it acceptable but in essence right wing politics is based on a selfish me me me doctrine. DISCUSS
Because they want their follower to believe they are being punished for their own good. Thats why a lot of the idiots that fell for Drumpf wanting to repeal Obamacare had no idea it was the same thing as the ACA.

As opposed to Democrats not knowing what "suffrage" means?

I never heard that one but I will take your word for it since I am not a Dem.

Google%2BChromeScreenSnapz118.jpg

One of the things I do is get volunteers to work at charity events for a large charity organization. I will have the same event in the conservative farm belt of California and get my volunteers without asking. When that event moves to leftard Los Angeles, even with it's population density being a thousand times larger, it is like pulling teeth getting volunteers there.

How does providing endless government assistance to the poor help them get out of poverty? We need programs that help people when they fall in hard times and to help them get the education and skills they need to improve their life but at some point there has to be a cutoff for it. Giving out assistance with no end in sight only benefits the politicians pushing it they know they can tell the poor you don't vote for us you lose your assistance it secures them a voting bloc but does not help people get out of poverty.

Of course they can afford good food. Good food does not taste as good as bad food. Food is the way the poor reward themselves. They can't afford a new car but they can afford an ice cream cone. They can't afford a steak but they can afford a big mac.
No they cant afford good food. Good food costs more than bad food. How could you not know this?

A car is not good food nor is a steak. Red meat is terrible for you.

I can buy a bag of Swai Fish at HEB for a little over six dollars. Call me a liar on that.

I can buy a small bag of black beans around a dollar at HEB.

I can buy cheap veggies at HEB.

I also can buy frozen veggies at Kroger one dollar per bag.

So tell me how is it that you can not afford healthy food!?!

I prefer my fish to be fresh but unless I go fishing then I have to buy frozen at HEB or fresh at the local Vietnames store.

So there is no excuse to eat poorly!

Too bad people like Rosanne Barr, Michael Moore, Janet Reno, Hilary Clinton, etc can't afford a good meal.
There are way more fat people than that in the US. Its a full blown epidemic now. What made you think the people you listed were typical of fat people?
Because you are full of shit for thinking obesity is linked to wealth.

Food high in calories, but lacking in nutrients. Fast food.

Fast food is EXPENSIVE, vegetables and poultry from the store are far cheaper. Your answer fails.

I'm not in disagreement. I'm telling you WHY they are fat. Their diet sucks, and they eat a shit ton of fast food (typically.) They are usually ignorant about nutrition and what to buy, how to cook, etc.

How does providing endless government assistance to the poor help them get out of poverty? We need programs that help people when they fall in hard times and to help them get the education and skills they need to improve their life but at some point there has to be a cutoff for it. Giving out assistance with no end in sight only benefits the politicians pushing it they know they can tell the poor you don't vote for us you lose your assistance it secures them a voting bloc but does not help people get out of poverty.
Because there will never be enough jobs for everyone to have a high quality of life. As we speak the pool gets smaller and smaller. I agree there should be training but it costs money to train people which repubs are against.

Too bad people like Rosanne Barr, Michael Moore, Janet Reno, Hilary Clinton, etc can't afford a good meal.
There are way more fat people than that in the US. Its a full blown epidemic now. What made you think the people you listed were typical of fat people?
Because you are full of shit for thinking obesity is linked to wealth.
No stupid. I said its linked to poverty. You cant afford good food so you eat crappy food. Its not that hard to figure out if you have a brain.

Why Poverty Leads to Obesity and Life-Long Problems | Scholars Strategy Network

Fast food is EXPENSIVE, vegetables and poultry from the store are far cheaper. Your answer fails.

I'm not in disagreement. I'm telling you WHY they are fat. Their diet sucks, and they eat a shit ton of fast food (typically.) They are usually ignorant about nutrition and what to buy, how to cook, etc.
in order to eat fast food,one has to get there, so they also waste money on unnecessary trips to that fast food establishment.

Because there will never be enough jobs for everyone to have a high quality of life. As we speak the pool gets smaller and smaller. I agree there should be training but it costs money to train people which repubs are against.
yep, so why not bring in the immigrants to take away more jobs so you can keep people poor. yep, that is a left agenda.

To answer the question in the OP, it's because conservatives are selfish pieces of shit, almost across the board, and they are only concerned about themselves. They don't hate the poor as much as libertarians, but they come close. Everything they say about "giving" is bullshit, their childish Christian religion breeds a bizarre sort of hypocrisy that permeates into every aspect of their self-centered, materialistic lives. They really are the worst of humanity.

yep, so why not bring in the immigrants to take away more jobs so you can keep people poor. yep, that is a left agenda.
Thats actually a money thing. They can pay immigrants less than citizens even though the immigrants are already trained and our citizens are not.

Just not that they can buy chicken lovers ( that is what my dog eat and I use for fishing catfish ) for a little over a dollar and sometimes get it half-price!

Also beef liver is cheap.

So again can someone tell me how is it that I can shop this way but the poor can't!?!

Forum List

Back