Why Are Republicans So Relentlessly Cruel to the Poor?

Why do democrats insult Black people every election cycle when they claim that "minorities are unable to obtain (something as basic as) a photo I.D. in the 20th century"? The short answer is that democrats need their shrinking base to believe that poverty is a permanent social state and they need to depend on government handouts. Anybody can see that President Trump wants good jobs for Americans and to put America first. It's understandable that people living in a country where the most common name for a male child in the capital city is "Mohammed" and are forced to support a degenerate antiquated monarchy that does nothing but flaunt their wealth would lose their sense of political independence. It's easy to see that Brits have enough on their political plate since the recent terrorist attacks to keep them busy so why attack republicans across the pond?

Why are much of the poor in The United States fat?

Food high in calories, but lacking in nutrients. Fast food.

Fast food is EXPENSIVE, vegetables and poultry from the store are far cheaper. Your answer fails.

I'm not in disagreement. I'm telling you WHY they are fat. Their diet sucks, and they eat a shit ton of fast food (typically.) They are usually ignorant about nutrition and what to buy, how to cook, etc.
in order to eat fast food,one has to get there, so they also waste money on unnecessary trips to that fast food establishment.

It isn't a coincidence that there's a direct correlation between poor communities and a proliferation of fast food restaurants. Notice how many are almost always right next to a bus stop.

How does providing endless government assistance to the poor help them get out of poverty? We need programs that help people when they fall in hard times and to help them get the education and skills they need to improve their life but at some point there has to be a cutoff for it. Giving out assistance with no end in sight only benefits the politicians pushing it they know they can tell the poor you don't vote for us you lose your assistance it secures them a voting bloc but does not help people get out of poverty.
Because there will never be enough jobs for everyone to have a high quality of life. As we speak the pool gets smaller and smaller. I agree there should be training but it costs money to train people which repubs are against.
yep, so why not bring in the immigrants to take away more jobs so you can keep people poor. yep, that is a left agenda.
Thats actually a money thing. They can pay immigrants less than citizens even though the immigrants are already trained and our citizens are not.
no, paying the immigrants is what keeps salaries down.

Why? The upper class considers the poor inferior and a tool to make money. Look at the sweat shops in asia or the poverty in africa.

The rich if they gave a damn could give those people better conditions but they don't....The little guy is like ass wipe to the rich...Wipe and throw away.

Fast food is EXPENSIVE, vegetables and poultry from the store are far cheaper. Your answer fails.

I'm not in disagreement. I'm telling you WHY they are fat. Their diet sucks, and they eat a shit ton of fast food (typically.) They are usually ignorant about nutrition and what to buy, how to cook, etc.
in order to eat fast food,one has to get there, so they also waste money on unnecessary trips to that fast food establishment.
There are fast food places everywhere. Most people can walk to one.

To answer the question in the OP, it's because conservatives are selfish pieces of shit, almost across the board, and they are only concerned about themselves. They don't hate the poor as much as libertarians, but they come close. Everything they say about "giving" is bullshit, their childish Christian religion breeds a bizarre sort of hypocrisy that permeates into every aspect of their self-centered, materialistic lives. They really are the worst of humanity.

You are full of it!

I feed my next door neighbors three time a week and I am white and they are Tejano.

You just want the government to do what you refuse to do!

It isn't a coincidence that there's a direct correlation between poor communities and a proliferation of fast food restaurants. Notice how many are almost always right next to a bus stop.
there are bus stops outside grocery stores also!

most don't. otherwise, they wouldn't be fat.

How does providing endless government assistance to the poor help them get out of poverty? We need programs that help people when they fall in hard times and to help them get the education and skills they need to improve their life but at some point there has to be a cutoff for it. Giving out assistance with no end in sight only benefits the politicians pushing it they know they can tell the poor you don't vote for us you lose your assistance it secures them a voting bloc but does not help people get out of poverty.
Because there will never be enough jobs for everyone to have a high quality of life. As we speak the pool gets smaller and smaller. I agree there should be training but it costs money to train people which repubs are against.
yep, so why not bring in the immigrants to take away more jobs so you can keep people poor. yep, that is a left agenda.
Thats actually a money thing. They can pay immigrants less than citizens even though the immigrants are already trained and our citizens are not.
Thats what republicans and businesses want. They want to keep your salaries down. Why do you think they hate increasing the minimum wage?

To answer the question in the OP, it's because conservatives are selfish pieces of shit, almost across the board, and they are only concerned about themselves. They don't hate the poor as much as libertarians, but they come close. Everything they say about "giving" is bullshit, their childish Christian religion breeds a bizarre sort of hypocrisy that permeates into every aspect of their self-centered, materialistic lives. They really are the worst of humanity.

Really?

Then why is it ALL studies show that we give and volunteer, but you Communists don't? WHO is it that is greedy? You just demand that your neighbor be robbed to give to charity, you give nothing of your own.

show me the stats that prove your argument and I will believe you.

Republicans are against wasting money on things that don't work. There are privately run organizations that help people with this kind stuff if people from both parties would meet with and work with these people I believe they could find a way to solve a lot of these issues. It's just a matter of will the dickhead politicians from both parties put party politics and egos aside this I highly doubt.

Where I live there is no fast-food joint close and the Dollar General is the down the road.

So no I fast food where I am at.

Thats what republicans and businesses want. They want to keep your salaries down. Why do you think they hate increasing the minimum wage?
far from that. again, the illegal immigrants are the ones that keep middle class salaries down. if they weren't here, the companies would be forced to pay more. you still don't understand.

Republicans are against wasting money on things that don't work. There are privately run organizations that help people with this kind stuff if people from both parties would meet with and work with these people I believe they could find a way to solve a lot of these issues. It's just a matter of will the dickhead politicians from both parties put party politics and egos aside this I highly doubt.
no such thing as negotiating in a libturd vocabulary this last decade.

Because they eat terrible food and cant afford good food.
Of course they can afford good food. Good food does not taste as good as bad food. Food is the way the poor reward themselves. They can't afford a new car but they can afford an ice cream cone. They can't afford a steak but they can afford a big mac.
No they cant afford good food. Good food costs more than bad food. How could you not know this?

A car is not good food nor is a steak. Red meat is terrible for you.

I can buy a bag of Swai Fish at HEB for a little over six dollars. Call me a liar on that.

I can buy a small bag of black beans around a dollar at HEB.

I can buy cheap veggies at HEB.

I also can buy frozen veggies at Kroger one dollar per bag.

So tell me how is it that you can not afford healthy food!?!

I prefer my fish to be fresh but unless I go fishing then I have to buy frozen at HEB or fresh at the local Vietnames store.

So there is no excuse to eat poorly!
i dont know what a HEB is but I dont have one where I live.

far from that. again, the illegal immigrants are the ones that keep middle class salaries down. if they weren't here, the companies would be forced to pay more. you still don't understand.
Illegal immigrants dont keep middle class wages down you dummy. They work at jobs middle class people wouldnt accept like picking fruit and cleaning toilets in hotels.

show me the stats that prove your argument and I will believe you.
32 oz carrots, $1.84 at Walmart
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fresh-1-Carrots-Peeled-Baby-Cut-32-Oz/10451316

Why Are Republicans So Relentlessly Cruel to the Poor?

Interesting article and much of it chimes with what we see in the UK.

It has to be coated with a thin veneer of religion to make it acceptable but in essence right wing politics is based on a selfish me me me doctrine. DISCUSS

Dear Tommy Tainant
if you want to understand,
try putting yourself in the opposite shoes,
where you are the conservative asking why are liberals
setting up the poor to fail and to depend on and blame govt
so they stay oppressed in poverty?

Imagine you are the Conservative Christian who

1. knows and has seen the practice and documented studies
on FREE spiritual healing used to cure cancer and other diseases
in order to save lives, to remove the cause of dangerous drug abuse
and sexual addictions, mental and criminal illness. Wow! there are solutions
and they are FREE!

So you have seen proof that these things can be cured for free.
And you want to share with others to save lives as you are so grateful.

But by liberals demonizing and marginalizing Christian teachings
and practice, these methods of therapy and cure are rejected or denied.

2. So you watch as the prisons and mental health wards fill up with
sick people stuck on medication, losing their independence and
becoming wards of the state at taxpayers expense.

3. because of the escalating prison costs, there is NOT ENOUGH MONEY
that could otherwise cover education, health care, and development to BREAK
the cycle of poverty; when all the resources are WASTED on the consequences
of crimes and drugs, blamed back and forth between parties,
where nobody is solving these problems. Just abusing them for
political points in the media to get elected by slamming the other side.

4. on top of that, these SAME SECULAR LIBERALS REJECTING THE CURE
come back and demand that TAXPAYERS give up more money, more
freedom and more power to pay for health care costs and other social
programs "under the threat that if you don't agree to pay through govt, then
you must not care for the poor"

When THESE were the very people demonizing Christians and charities
and "downplaying" the contributions made by NONPROFIT groups that
have SAVE LIVES WITHOUT FORCING TAXPAYERS TO FUND THEM.

Wouldn't you be incensed at being BLAMED
for not caring for the poor?

When the programs YOU support to help the poor are
* run by volunteers for FREE
* operate cost effectively because they aren't manipulated by party politics
* funded voluntarily and thus aren't force on taxpayers without a choice

But these are "naysayed as faith based and thus not publicly
and equally accessible"
and instead these liberal politicians wanting to compete to
be NEEDED by the poor sell them the PROMISE of
govt subsidized programs that CAN'T DO THE PERSONAL
HEALING AND COUNSELING WORK NEEDED TO BREAK
THE CYCLE OF POVERTY SO PEOPLE STAY STUCK.

Wouldn't YOU be incensed that while INMATES ring up hundreds
of thousands of dollars in costs to taxpayers for HAVING COMMITTED
CRIMES, instead of going after wrongdoers, the LIBERALS go after
the EASY TARGETS, the LAW ABIDING TAXPAYERS, and pull
penalties from income and filed returns in order to pay for more costs!

And guess who these liberals BLAME for why there isn't money
to pay for health care. Do they blame the criminals and make them
pay the taxpayers back? No, they go after LAW ABIDING WORKING
CITIZENS AND BUSINESS OWNERS THEY CAN REACH THROUGH THE IRS.

And on top of that, they BLAME the business owners and workers
for wanting to keep more of their income and free choice to decide
what programs to support and fund.

After you go through this exercise Tommy Tainant
perhaps you will understand why BOTH sides feel
THEY are being blamed as the VICTIMS.

When you realize it is EQUAL that's when you might
have compassion for the people suffering on both sides
of these political deadlocks that distract from solving the
problems we are too busy complaining of and blaming on others!

It's pretty equally distressing to BOTH sides to
be so victimized and vilified. Let's call a TRUCE!

Spending money on training does work. Why do you think college is glorified over say trade schools? Because college is going to create greater debt to feed the republican coffers. You cant rely on private institutions. This needs to be government mandated.

Forum List

Back