Why Are Republicans So Relentlessly Cruel to the Poor?

Interesting article and much of it chimes with what we see in the UK.

It has to be coated with a thin veneer of religion to make it acceptable but in essence right wing politics is based on a selfish me me me doctrine. DISCUSS
if you actually thought about it, it is dems keeping them dependent and holding them back. The repubs want them to be successful. Not sure how you get where you got. your facts are messed up.

It has to be coated with a thin veneer of religion to make it acceptable but in essence right wing politics is based on a selfish me me me doctrine. DISCUSS

What do you do to help the poor or less fortunate!?!

You seem to like to wiggle your little finger at others, but those like you do very little to help the poor.

So unless you donate time and resources then you have nothing to complain about when it come to Conservatives and their wish to keep the government out of their ( conservatives ) pockets...

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy: that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
- John Kenneth Galbraith

Last edited:

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy: that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
- John Kenneth Galbraith
"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country."
Ask not what your country can do for you (Kennedy's inuagural address)

John F. Kennedy's Inaugural Address, January 20, 1961

- John Kenneth Galbraith
Somebody needs to inform him that the conservatives of the past were even more "selfish" and to drop his faux philosopher act.

I'm not rich and I'm a Republican, I'm 65 and live on widows benefits and do okay.

I even did some volunteer work at the local hospital.

Republicans aren't any different when it comes to the poor than the democrats....they're just more careful with what programs they support when helping the poor....and the best way is to have them help themselves eventually not be on welfare forever.

Like I said, I'm not rich but have never been on welfare and I've also never worried about my widows benefits or Medicare being taken away by a republican...that's not going to happen in my lifetime.

It may happen to the younger generation and it could come from either side, so I'd have a plan B if I was just starting out in life.

Last edited:

Yes, I just got through kicking a poor person.

In my own defense though, I tripped over a dead body who had starved to death in the streets while avoiding the corpses of dead children who were denied universal healthcare as I was on my way to watch old people be thrown off cliffs.

You Stalinists come up with the most magical tales.....

- John Kenneth Galbraith
"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country."

If Trump said that today all of the leftists would be pissing and howling with rage.

- John Kenneth Galbraith

What a racist, xenophobic nationalist that Republican must have been.

Last edited:
Why are much of the poor in The United States fat?
Because they eat terrible food and cant afford good food.
Of course they can afford good food. Good food does not taste as good as bad food. Food is the way the poor reward themselves. They can't afford a new car but they can afford an ice cream cone. They can't afford a steak but they can afford a big mac.

Because they want their follower to believe they are being punished for their own good. Thats why a lot of the idiots that fell for Drumpf wanting to repeal Obamacare had no idea it was the same thing as the ACA.

Forum List

Back