Why are Republicans so dishonest about Obama?

Oops sorry for the empty post hit the wrong button/
And what is up with this alternate view of reality? The economy was already "saved" before he became president. We had won the war in Iraq and everything was going great. Health care was cheap and everyone had it.

If you can't be honest, will people, besides those in gerrymandered districts, vote for you?
I'm always amazed at how much blame and credit americans give to presidents. Bush didn't ruin the economy, the seeds for that debacle had been sown much earlier. Obama didn't save the economy. Heck look at the economic team he put in place, it was the same people that got us into the mess in the first place.

Simplistic sound bites on presidents seems to be the only things the electorate in this country can process.

Maybe you are correct that the President doesnt have direct personal responsibility for an economy.

However, being as how the POTUS is the Peoples Rep-resentative, they do get credit or blame.

To make the evalualtion of the past two Presidents easy (Bush and Obama) I suggest you look at your investment statements from the end of the Bush period and look at those investments today.

See if you can figure out under which President you did better.

Oops sorry for the empty post, hit the wrong button.

Again I see no reason to give credit to Obama. This adm essentially did the same thing the bush adm was doing. Not surprisingly since his economic team was comprised of the same people.
You mean invading the wrong country?

Or you mean blackmail using Americans as hostages?

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says
No I meant,

Bush adm prescription for dealing with the economic blow up - pump large amts of money into the big banks
Obama adm prescription for dealing with the economic blow up - pump even larger amts of money into the big banks

Clueless. Obama's bailout was not like TARP at all, NOT for big banks! 40% tax cuts for the nonrich, aid to state and local gov't for schools and police, 20% infrastructure. And it worked GREAT! GD Pubs...

Dems invented Gerrymandering but now that they're a permanent minority all of a sudden its a bad thing
And dems started the KKK when the Democratic Party was made up of white conservatives. Now it's the GOP that's 90% white. Things change.
Looking at who you have running for prez I'm thinking this is bullshit.

Democrats are 100% white, and old, and out of touch.
ACTUALLY, 35% minorities and young- GOP is the racist dumbass or rich party duh.

And what is up with this alternate view of reality? The economy was already "saved" before he became president. We had won the war in Iraq and everything was going great. Health care was cheap and everyone had it.

If you can't be honest, will people, besides those in gerrymandered districts, vote for you?
With quite a few of them, I think they actually believe what they are being spoon-fed by wingnut radio and faux. Delusional is the word that comes to mind.

libtards believe what is fed to them by cnn, the msm and their lib professors for 50 years.

"Why are Republicans so dishonest about Obama?"

It's the nature of the idiocy of blind partisan politics.

Obama is 'wrong,' Obama is 'bad,' Obama is 'stupid,' and so ridiculous lies must be contrived about the president by the right in order to 'justify' their unwarranted contempt of a president who is 'wrong' only because he's a democrat.

The fact is that most of the president's policies have been consistent with that of previous administrations – both democratic and republican.

I'm always amazed at how much blame and credit americans give to presidents. Bush didn't ruin the economy, the seeds for that debacle had been sown much earlier. Obama didn't save the economy. Heck look at the economic team he put in place, it was the same people that got us into the mess in the first place.

Simplistic sound bites on presidents seems to be the only things the electorate in this country can process.
Sorry, W Bush regulators let their pals run wild with toxic assets and wrecked the world. Obama at least keeps things honest, no typical Pub bubble/bust/scandal...

And it was under the Clinton adm that the derivatives markets took off. It was under the Clinton adm that rubin and greenspan refused to regulate OTC derivatives. It was under the Clinton adm that Glass Steagal was repealed. It was Clinton through executive order that increased fannie mae and freddie mac exposure to subprime mortgages from something like 12% to in excess of 30%. Note that in the case of derivatives and glass steagal one of the chief architects was Robert Rubin, Obamas first chief economic adviser.

The first bank I can think of that blew up because of this nonsense was citicorp in 1994. Another was Long Term Capital Management in 1998.

As far as Obama keeping things honest, you've got to be kidding. What's changed? Dodd Frank forced minor changes to banks leverage positions but derivatives and OTC derivatives are pretty much the same.

People seem to think we've fixed the problems we haven't. I remember an interview with some one from SEC 2 years after Dodd Frank was passed. When asked if the legislation fixed the problems he laughed and said "put it this way if this financial crash was instead a plane crash, we'd still be looking for the plane".
Irrelevant bs. Fannie and Freddies' share of the market fell from 75% to 25% in 2003, and the private lenders were scum who Boosh regulators let run wild. BOOM! Today F+F dominates again. Good.

You're clueless anyway. You seem to think Dodd Frank is a person. Typical dupe. See sig, last line.

Irrelevant? That 25% seems to be on the order of 1.8 trillion. And while I agree with the culpability of the private lenders and the Bush adm I don't think you can dismiss the effects of govt in this mess. Here's a quote from the 1994 National Homeownership Strategy, published at the request of President Clinton. it called for

“financing strategies, fueled by the creativity and resources of the private and public sectors, to help homeowners that lack cash to buy a home or to make the payments.” Lack cash to buy a home or make the payments. Brilliant

I'm quite aware of what dodd frank is. I remember an interview on NPR with a govt official on the 3rd anniversary of it's passage. She was so proud, it was almost 45% written.

Oops sorry for the empty post hit the wrong button/

Maybe you are correct that the President doesnt have direct personal responsibility for an economy.

However, being as how the POTUS is the Peoples Rep-resentative, they do get credit or blame.

To make the evalualtion of the past two Presidents easy (Bush and Obama) I suggest you look at your investment statements from the end of the Bush period and look at those investments today.

See if you can figure out under which President you did better.

Oops sorry for the empty post, hit the wrong button.

Again I see no reason to give credit to Obama. This adm essentially did the same thing the bush adm was doing. Not surprisingly since his economic team was comprised of the same people.
You mean invading the wrong country?

Or you mean blackmail using Americans as hostages?

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says
No I meant,

Bush adm prescription for dealing with the economic blow up - pump large amts of money into the big banks
Obama adm prescription for dealing with the economic blow up - pump even larger amts of money into the big banks

Clueless. Obama's bailout was not like TARP at all, NOT for big banks! 40% tax cuts for the nonrich, aid to state and local gov't for schools and police, 20% infrastructure. And it worked GREAT! GD Pubs...

Ever hear of quantitative easing. We've basically erased 1.6 tr of bad debt from the banks bottom lines. Not like tarp
but still pumping money into the big banks.

Why are you dishonest about anything not far left?

FLASHBACK—Obama: ‘We’re Leaving Behind a Sovereign, Stable and Self-Reliant Iraq’

In 2011 they were. Soon after however the Iranian backed, Shiite led government turned on their Sunni countrymen, and the Iraq civil war enter a new phase and turned into a wider, regional conflict.

FLASHBACK—Obama: ‘We’re Leaving Behind a Sovereign, Stable and Self-Reliant Iraq’

In 2011 they were. Soon after however the Iranian backed, Shiite led government turned on their Sunni countrymen, and the Iraq civil war enter a new phase and turned into a wider, regional conflict.
Translation: the lack of leadership from Obama has led to a meltdown of the Middle East leading to World War III starting.

And what is up with this alternate view of reality? The economy was already "saved" before he became president. We had won the war in Iraq and everything was going great. Health care was cheap and everyone had it.If you can't be honest, will people, besides those in gerrymandered districts, vote for you?"

New boss is the same as the old boss. The difference between the Bushpuppet and the Barrypuppet are few. Barrypuppet did put the NSA spying program on steroids while leaving our borders unprotected WHILE covertly having muslim refugees flown over here. We have 23 percent REAL unemployment but we are are giving refuge to anyone that can fog a mirror and subsidizing them so go sell your "Barrypuppet is a victim and people are just mean to him" bullshit, m'kay? My eyes are wide open as to what is really going on while you are blinded by ideology as you fondle your little rainbow colored liberal flag on your lapel. Barrypuppet does as he is told by his Wall Street masters. He is nothing more than a figurehead. The ACA was written by insurance moguls FOR insurance moguls and they all have ties to the foreign owned Federal Reserve banksters that have been ripping us off since 1913. Get a friggin' clue and take off the blinders. ISIS/ al qaeda/ ISIL is being backed by the CIA,Saudi intel and the Mossad to keep that part of Iraq de-stablized while raking in billions for the oil that these mercenaries are stealing via Turkey. They are being used to fight a proxy war in order to oust Assad in Syria because they want the resources of that country and put in a Rothschild central bank. You are a political infant...seriously.

And what is up with this alternate view of reality? The economy was already "saved" before he became president. We had won the war in Iraq and everything was going great. Health care was cheap and everyone had it.If you can't be honest, will people, besides those in gerrymandered districts, vote for you?"

New boss is the same as the old boss. The difference between the Bushpuppet and the Barrypuppet are few. Barrypuppet did put the NSA spying program on steroids while leaving our borders unprotected WHILE covertly having muslim refugees flown over here. We have 23 percent REAL unemployment but we are are giving refuge to anyone that can fog a mirror and subsidizing them so go sell your "Barrypuppet is a victim and people are just mean to him" bullshit" to someone else, m'kay? My eyes are wide open as to what is really going on while you are blinded by ideology as you fondle your little rainbow colored liberal flag on your lapel. Barrypuppet does as he is told by his Wall Street masters. He is nothing more than a figurehead. The ACA was written by insurance moguls FOR insurance moguls and they all have ties to the foreign owned Federal Reserve banksters that have been ripping us off since 1913. Get a friggin' clue and take off the blinders. ISIS/ al qaeda/ ISIL is being backed by the CIA,Saudi intel and the Mossad to keep that part of Iraq de-stablized while raking in billions for the oil that these mercenaries are stealing via Turkey. They are being used to fight a proxy war in order to oust Assad in Syria because they want the resources of that country and put in a Rothschild central bank. You are a political infant...seriously.

Gee.. another rdean "Republicans are evil" thread... what's this, like the 100th this week? What a complete dipshit.

Dems invented Gerrymandering but now that they're a permanent minority all of a sudden its a bad thing

In 2006 and 2008 after the massive loss by the GOP to the Democrats many Democrats felt the same way as you do when it came to one party being the permanent minority, and poof 2010 that all changed and by 2014 the Democrats lost all their lead, but I would never write they are a permanent minority because the American Public is fickle and will turn on your political party as quickly they turned on the Democrats in 2010 and the GOP in 2006.

I know how dare I even write such drivel that is reality!

In 2006 and 2008 after the massive loss by the GOP to the Democrats many Democrats felt the same way as you do when it came to one party being the permanent minority, and poof 2010 that all changed and by 2014 the Democrats lost all their lead, but I would never write they are a permanent minority because the American Public is fickle and will turn on your political party as quickly they turned on the Democrats in 2010 and the GOP in 2006.

I know how dare I even write such drivel that is reality!

I sometime write things to upset and annoy Progressives

Forum List

Back