Why are people living in cars??

What you said in red. Almost everything I said in my posts on this thread comes from me, not from McGurn, who happens to be a respected writer and political observer. I noticed that you were unable to answer or even address my questions, or to engage in respectful intelligent debate about this subject. I am hardly a tool of the right, I am a Republican, but a moderate who has voted for several Democrats, most recently the governor of Colorado. I believe in questioning orthodox political ideology from either the right or the left. I believe in getting us OUT of this recession. You won't do that by killing tens of thousands of jobs to appease political cronies. What do you believe in?

Reality bites!! And the truth hurts -- it often inspires brilliant statements like "more lies from the right." Does the fact that McGurn disagrees with you disqualify him from expressing his views. Does it disqualify me?? Did Obama or did he not kill the Canadian pipeline? Did he or did he not kill the Boeing plant in South Carolina? Did he or did he not put a moratorium on drilling in the Gulf? All while millions of Americans are out of work and some are even living in their cars out of desperation. See if you can come up with something other than a snide put-down of the "right" this time.

William McGurn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

William McGurn is an American writer. He was the chief speechwriter for President George W. Bush from June 2006 until February 2008, replacing Michael Gerson.[1

Its partisan babble from the mouth of a bush speech writer

So we need babies with bloated bellies and indifferent attitudes toward houseflies? The American poor aren't poor enough? The building has to burn to the ground before we think of sprinkler systems and smoke detectors?

Gotta LOVE the American Conservative!

Quick, this is where you propose that all the homeless line up for sterilization, or abortion...and where you invite the elderly, the young, and the poor to volunteer for euthanasia.
:cuckoo::cuckoo:

No, but I would like to invite all those global warming nuts to hand over the keys to their cars, snowmobiles, four-wheelers, etc. They should also give up everything that has been manufactured using petroleum. Oh, and no fair using public transportation unless it runs on some non-carbon dioxide producing power source.
You're kinda all over the place aren't you?

Tell me, should working people earn a fair wage, or should they be given enough to live until tomorrow's shift starts?

That girl in the video is truly inspiring. It brought a tear to my eye. Instead of blaming everyone any anything for their situation she had a positive "can do" attitude despite their situation seeming so hopeless, obviously her father did one thing right. The kind of maturity she showed was more than what most adults posses, especially the kind of brats we see at OWS. I hope 60 Minutes continues to follow up with this story because I really wish these people the best, I would like to find a way to help them myself.

Last edited:
People are living in cars because of a combination of bad luck and stupid decisions.

The ratio of those two factors varies on a case-by-case basis.

60 Minutes ran a heart wrenching piece Sunday about people who have lost their jobs and their homes living in cars. -- it's tragic! Hard Times Generation: Families living in cars - CBS News

It's a pity Scott Pelly, CBS and 60 minutes did not have the guts to follow up with a story about how Obama kowtowed to the radical environmentalists and killed tens of thousands of jobs building the pipeline from Canada, a pipeline desperately needed to reduce our dependence on Arab oil -- or how his administration kowtowed to the unions and killed thousands more jobs by refusing (for the first time in history) to allow Boeing to build a plant in South Carolina to build the overflow 787s. Boeing will probably be forced to put this plant overseas!! Then there is the Obama moratorium on drilling in the Gulf, which has killed tens of thousands more jobs. Result: Many more people living in their cars!
As the Wall Street Journal pointed out in an Opinion piece this morning, The Democratic Party has abandoned the working class, in particular the white blue collar workers that were once its base and mainstay. McGurn: Obama Abandons the Working Class - WSJ.com

All the Idiot Liberals still blame it on Bush.

People are living in cars because of a combination of bad luck and stupid decisions.

The ratio of those two factors varies on a case-by-case basis.

of course that's mistaken given that the number of poor and very very poor goes way up during a liberal recession which has nothing whatsoever to do with luck or stupid decisions unless you mean stupid liberal decisions about how to manage the economy??

Forum List

Back