Why are conservatives so obsessed with the border and immigration?

Pay a living wage and Americans will do them.

"A living wage" is undefined liberal nonsense.
This is not making a living wage
article-2275206-17669A13000005DC-794_634x431.jpg

Living wage is rent, food, utilities. If you can't afford a bed and have to be homeless while working for a living, why work?

the only reason that many Americans are on handouts is because their jobs were stolen by illegal aliens. ...

Link?
dumbshit the liberals are prattling about how they are doing jobs Americans won't do....

Since when does liberals saying something make it so?

Just listen to them, they'll tell you it does. Ask one for proof and they'll say they don't need to provide it, all the while, demanding you still believe something they won't prove.

..... Your rent should be around 25%-35% max of your monthly income in order to be able to 'get by and pay all of your other bills, and retirement/401k's.

:lmao:
Why's that funny? :(

Irrational, presumptuous liberals like you.
Why is that presumptuous? It's the General Rule, I didn't make it up...it has changed a little over time...the general rule of thumb used to be 25% of your income for mortgage/(rent) but then they raised it to about 37% so they could loan more money to people who could (not) afford homes.... there is no difference with renters than people applying for a mortgages...

I have noticed one thing lately.
Every time I talk to a conservative friend about ANY topic, it ALWAYS comes back to "sealing the border" and "dealing with those people Obama keeps giving amnesty to."

Is anyone in the US not giving a single crap about the border or immigration?

And why do these conservative friends always use the exact same wording for their indignation? I feel like I'm hearing the text of a speech I missed.

The "conserve" in conservatism refers to the propensity towards valuing the continuation of the various social institutions that make up ones culture. Since our own culture is a melting pot, I would imagine the fear lies in the consequences of unbridled immigration on the overall nature of the culture as a whole, and so the resistance to such would be entirely consistent with the tenets of the ideology.

I have noticed one thing lately.
Every time I talk to a conservative friend about ANY topic, it ALWAYS comes back to "sealing the border" and "dealing with those people Obama keeps giving amnesty to."

Is anyone in the US not giving a single crap about the border or immigration?

And why do these conservative friends always use the exact same wording for their indignation? I feel like I'm hearing the text of a speech I missed.

The "conserve" in conservatism refers to the propensity towards valuing the continuation of the various social institutions that make up ones culture. Since our own culture is a melting pot, I would imagine the fear lies in the consequences of unbridled immigration on the overall nature of the culture as a whole, and so the resistance to such would be entirely consistent with the tenets of the ideology.

Yes, and there's not a damned thing wrong with a country wanting to preserve it's identifying culture and language and certainly not lose it via illegal immigration. Not a country in the world would embrace that unnatural and unlawful takeover. I have no problem with legal immigration in limited and in "diversified" numbers. Diversity has been thrown by the wayside though to favor anyone from Latin America. The result is colonization not assimilation.

so now concern over our open borders with 1000s of people breaking into our country daily. Is called an Obsession.....
and it's only those CONSERVATIVES who is consumed with it...Doesn't say much for the liberals in this country. they don't seem to care about much except winning for their elected asses in their party

party over country seems to be their new motto

..... Your rent should be around 25%-35% max of your monthly income in order to be able to 'get by and pay all of your other bills, and retirement/401k's.

Why is that presumptuous? It's the General Rule, I didn't make it up...it has changed a little over time.....

Why is that presumptuous? It's the General Rule, I didn't make it up...it has changed a little over time.....

Non-Citizens Registered To Vote Through Motor Voter Registration Forms US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
They are registering illegal aliens to vote.

Forum List

Back