Why are conservatives so obsessed with the border and immigration?

Irrational, presumptuous liberals like you.
Why is that presumptuous? It's the General Rule, I didn't make it up...it has changed a little over time.....

Non-Citizens Registered To Vote Through Motor Voter Registration Forms US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
They are registering illegal aliens to vote.

SOLID PROOF
That this shenanigans of primarily republicans to show a gvt issued photo ID at the polls is a SHAM....and MEANT to disenfranchise the citizens of this country that are poor and live in this nation without a govt ID, and without Driver's licenses, who may vote for Democrats....Just as we have video of some Republican operatives and congress critters saying, they want to stop poor citizens from voting, because they more than likely will vote against them, by requiring this gvt issued photo id.

Like I have said all along, a govt issued photo id DOES NOT stop voter fraud at the polls. Non Citizens have gvt issued photo id's.

Those who apply to register to vote must be stopped and vetted at the State level if they are not eligible, before their names appear on our voter rolls. And registered voters who have died, need to be removed from the voter roll upon DEATH, so that absentee ballots can't be used to vote in the dead persons name.

I have no problem with the DMV asking CITIZENS there getting their driver's license if they want to apply for their voter's registration card, it's how I was registered when I moved to Maine and had to get a State driver's license....I was given nothing at the DMV to say I was a registered voter, it took them a couple of weeks to vet me and notify me....same with Massachusetts when we had moved there....it took a week of so before they sent me and Matt our voter's registration card, after they vetted us.

There has never been a wall that has been built that hasn't been breeched. China couldn't do it, Berlin couldn't do it. A 3000 mile inpenetrable barrier is not possible and not worth the money for the perceived threat.

Beyond that, half of the illegal aliens here today did not sneak across the border. They overstayed their Visa

There has never been a wall that has been built that hasn't been breeched. China couldn't do it, Berlin couldn't do it. A 3000 mile inpenetrable barrier is not possible and not worth the money for the perceived threat.

Beyond that, half of the illegal aliens here today did not sneak across the border. They overstayed their Visa
MORE than half are here on OVER STAYED visas.

What does it take to build a 3000 mile wall?

- a 20 foot barrier with a significant part underground to discourage tunneling
- Electronics and sensors to detect intruders
- a half mile cleared "no-man zone"
- Ten thousand troops deployed to intercept Mexicans

Are we spending this money like South Korea to defend against possible invaders from the north?

No, we are spending the money to stop people who want to work here

Are we spending this money like South Korea to defend against possible invaders from the north?

WOW, thank you, this really made me think about how expensive this venture would be if truly done to keep people out....and realistically, an impossible feat....

This is construction companies looking to get their take on the gvt teat....

And the other WOW came from realizing that we were trying to become China, with a Great Wall, or Berlin with their Berlin Wall....

SHAME ON US!

There has to be a better way of solving this illegal immigration problem and it probably BEGINS in Mexico itself, and getting their own economy going like ours in the USA and like our Northern neighbors in Canada.

WOW, thank you, this really made me think about how expensive this venture would be if truly done to keep people out....and realistically, an impossible feat....

And the other WOW came from realizing that we were trying to become China, with a Great Wall, or Berlin with their Berlin Wall....

SHAME ON US!

There has to be a better way of solving this illegal immigration problem and it probably BEGINS in Mexico itself, and getting their own economy going like ours in the USA and like our Northern neighbors in Canada.

Yet the same people who want a wall oppose trade agreements with Mexico that will allow them to keep more workers home

No, it is 60% border jumpers and 40% visa overstayers.

So?

Illegal aliens have no right to work here. And if you think that is it only workers getting thru our southern border then you aren't dealing in reality. The FBI Directors has stated that thousands of OTM's (other than Mexicans) from known terrorist countries have slipped thru our southern border and disappeared into our country. There are criminals getting into our country that way also.

So?

I corrected mis-information and all you have to say is, so? I guess stretching the true is ok with you?

Illegal aliens have no right to work here. And if you think that is it only workers getting thru our southern border then you aren't dealing in reality. The FBI Directors has stated that thousands of OTM's (other than Mexicans) from known terrorist countries have slipped thru our southern border and disappeared into our country. There are criminals getting into our country that way also.

The overwhelming majority just want to find work to support their family

Spending billions to build and man a barrier is ridiculous in light of the perceived threat of a few bad guys sneaking over

Illegal aliens have no right to work here. Provide temporary work permits and they do
Cheaper than building a wall and trying to chase them down all over the country

So?

I corrected mis-information and all you have to say is, so? I guess stretching the true is ok with you?

So?

What diference does it make if it is 40% or 50%?
There is a significant proportion of illegals that never had to sneak across the border

I have noticed one thing lately.
Every time I talk to a conservative friend about ANY topic, it ALWAYS comes back to "sealing the border" and "dealing with those people Obama keeps giving amnesty to."

Is anyone in the US not giving a single crap about the border or immigration?

And why do these conservative friends always use the exact same wording for their indignation? I feel like I'm hearing the text of a speech I missed.

It's a wedge issue. Without wedge issues (Abortion,Guns, God, Gays, Government [bad], Immigration, Taxes) they would be mute. It seems the entire set of new Republicans (not RINO's, the new kind, the arch conservatives) haven't a solution to any issue, but, "ain't it awful".

Spending billions to build and man a barrier is ridiculous in light of the perceived threat of a few bad guys sneaking over

Illegal aliens have no right to work here. Provide temporary work permits and they do

Let's forget the wall. Let's design and build a grand canal from Brownsville, Texas to San Diego, CA. Doing so will:

• Create jobs for Mexico and the U.S.
  • Provide a barrier to protect our border
  • Provide revenue by charging tolls
  • Create a win-win solution for both countries
  • Provide an alternative to the Panama Canal
  • Easier than putting a man on the moon
  • Show the world the US still Can Do!
It's 1,800 hundred miles, give or take, and by following the Rio Grande River, and using locks to keep separate sea water from fresh water, it is an idea ready for debate. Think of the construction jobs and opportunities to shelter, feed and entertain the workers and their families.

Last edited:

SHAME ON US!

Yet the same people who want a wall oppose trade agreements with Mexico that will allow them to keep more workers home
We can't do what is best for all these third world countries. We need to do what is best for our own citizens. And our own citizens needs jobs here, now. I don't care if they have to mine the border and put automatic machine guns on it, SEAL THE DAMN BORDER!

And you want to know why? This video explains why we need to stop allowing low wage people into this country.

SHAME ON US!

Believe it or not, that is one of the Republican plans according to Briebart....

just open up the border to anyone that wants to work and give them all work visas to do such, whoever wants to come and work, can go and come as they please across the border anytime they want to work....

So?

So?

What diference does it make if it is 40% or 50%?
There is a significant proportion of illegals that never had to sneak across the border

Again, I was just correcting mis-information. Why does that bother you so? Just clarifying that the largest number here illegally are border jumpers not visa overstayers as someone in here claimed.

We don't have enough jobs for Americans and yet we should provide illegals with work permits????

The wall is a huge deterrent to any foreigner coming here illegally regardless of their intent. It helps the Border Patrol to do their jobs more effectively. We are only talking about a wall that covers about 1/3 of the border's most porous areas. Internally, we should be removing all of the incentives for them to remain here and to continue to come here.

If you think that illegals only looking for work aren't causing a great deal of harm and problems to our own citizens then you need to educate yourself on this issue.

The Fact of the matter is America needs a period of Isolationism, to step back and work on its own problems. We should build a concrete wall along the Mexican border, so that we can regulate how many immigrants are coming into america.

Forum List

Back