Why are conservatives so obsessed with the border and immigration?

When you get a raise it's because you produce more,not just because.
sure.... that's the only reason everyone gets a raise or higher pay.... :rolleyes: you say the receptionist position that pays $12 an hour now as a starting salary is producing more than the starting salary for a receptionist paid $10 an hour 5 years earlier... okeedokie.

I think it is a combination of many things HWGA, that allows salaries to go up, productivity being just one of them....

And if your salary does not go up with your productivity going up....what's the reason for that....?

Also, do you think that agricultural workers have not improved their productivity with new and innovative ways of growing and planting fruit and veggies? Do you think productivity for the migrant worker has stayed the same and not improved with innovation over the years?

The price of gasoline has made food prices rise more than anything else...imo.

Obviously wages go up over time or you'd still be making 2 bucks an hour.
And if you improve your production over time and you dont get a raise,I would suggest you find another job.
As far as ag innovations go it's the machinery that improves not the worker.
I mean how hard is it to pick lettuce?
Which kind?

Which kind what?
Which kind of lettuce......

Iceberg ....

I think that simple machinery to pick vegetables has been deterred so as to make the excuse that foreign lettuce pickers are needed. He11 , we can go to the moon , explore the ocean depths but we can't make a lettuce picker . Doesn't make any sense to me !!
Lettuce with bruise easily if mishandled and is worthless....

Than I guess those beaners better be careful.

sure.... that's the only reason everyone gets a raise or higher pay.... :rolleyes: you say the receptionist position that pays $12 an hour now as a starting salary is producing more than the starting salary for a receptionist paid $10 an hour 5 years earlier... okeedokie.

I think it is a combination of many things HWGA, that allows salaries to go up, productivity being just one of them....

And if your salary does not go up with your productivity going up....what's the reason for that....?

Also, do you think that agricultural workers have not improved their productivity with new and innovative ways of growing and planting fruit and veggies? Do you think productivity for the migrant worker has stayed the same and not improved with innovation over the years?

The price of gasoline has made food prices rise more than anything else...imo.

Obviously wages go up over time or you'd still be making 2 bucks an hour.
And if you improve your production over time and you dont get a raise,I would suggest you find another job.
As far as ag innovations go it's the machinery that improves not the worker.
I mean how hard is it to pick lettuce?
Which kind?

Which kind what?
Which kind of lettuce......

Iceberg ....
About 30 seconds...

I think that simple machinery to pick vegetables has been deterred so as to make the excuse that foreign lettuce pickers are needed. He11 , we can go to the moon , explore the ocean depths but we can't make a lettuce picker . Doesn't make any sense to me !!

You mean they eat beans? Not lettuce?

You'd have to ask em. I'm not familiar with lettuce pickers dietary choices.

Then how can they be beaners?

I have noticed one thing lately.
Every time I talk to a conservative friend about ANY topic, it ALWAYS comes back to "sealing the border" and "dealing with those people Obama keeps giving amnesty to."

Is anyone in the US not giving a single crap about the border or immigration?

And why do these conservative friends always use the exact same wording for their indignation? I feel like I'm hearing the text of a speech I missed.

What you hear is not the text of a speech, it's an echo sans critical thought of the daily conservative meme, the forte of conservatives.

With their penchant for thievery they may wrap their beans in a lettuce leaf.

Leaf lettuce or a leaf of Iceberg lettuce?

Leaf lettuce or a leaf of Iceberg lettuce?

Either or..

I read on Briebart a couple of months back that the Republican plan is to give every single Mexican that wants to come here and work, a green card and legal means to work... without ever giving them a passage to citizenship.

IS THAT WHAT YOU CONSERVATIVES truly want? All the Mexicans that want to come here and work and LIVE can do so, as long as we give them no pathway to citizenship??????????

So the republicans can SERVE their business masters and give them the cheaper labor they want.....more like SLAVES that they want, by not giving them the opportunity to some day become citizens in the place they live and work their entire life?

If they are all here legally with green cards, they are all eligible for all of our social welfare programs.

Seriously, do you agree with this Republican plan?
And this illustrates well the mindset of most conservatives, keep immigrants from becoming part of America, allow them to work but not participate in the political process.

WTH are you talking about? Only citizens can vote and rightly so! Who is opposes "legal" immigrants from becoming citizens?

well me for one but my argument is futile as everyone approves of legal immigration I think . So , just for the record , yeah , I oppose . Pretty soon legal immigration may be approved for anyone that comes over the borders as they bring their 'tired and poor' !! Yep , if approved by mrobama it will be ' LEGAL IMMIGRATION ' for everyone Old Glory !!.

wait for everyone being able to vote , think that argument is being made at the Selma Commemoration today for just that kinda thing Old Glory . Voting Rights for everyone !!

I sure hope that all the anti worker posters in this thread are business owners.

Because if they're not, the are really fucking stupid people.

We actually have marketable skills. Unlike the cashier at MickyDs.
So the cashier at MickyD's should live in a dirt hovel with 30 other people then?

Exaggerate much?
Dont know where you live but here in Houston you can get an all bills paid one bedroom apartment for 600 a month.
Even a min wage worker can afford that. And if they want nicer digs they can get a fucken room mate.
And to tell you the truth I dont give a rats ass what happens to an adult who works min wage.

well me for one but my argument is futile as everyone approves of legal immigration I think . So , just for the record , yeah , I oppose . Pretty soon legal immigration may be approved for anyone that comes over the borders as they bring their 'tired and poor' !! Yep , if approved by mrobama it will be ' LEGAL IMMIGRATION ' for everyone Old Glory !!.

Well, I hope you're wrong. We have annal quotas for legal immigration and for good reasons. Border jumpers negate that sane policy.

Quotas , well poitical pressure easily changes quota numbers 'Old Glory' and it doesn't matter which party is in power . The mantra that you hear from politicians and supposedly conservative talking heads is that they oppose ILLEGAL immigration but want to increase LEGAL immigration . Results are he same as you get more 'foreigners' into the USA , let them vote and they change America to their liking rather than assimilating and becoming Americans . Just say that I'm of English , German , African or Mexican background . Why would I be pushing politicians to allow more immigration of any of those groups ?? Why would it matter to me if I consider myself and family to be American ??

Demographics as political destiny

Trouble is, the years ahead promise far more change than stability, chiefly because the face of the nation is undergoing drastic change.

The U.S. Census has been foreshadowing this for years, but it took a joint projectbetween the American Enterprise Institute and the Center for American Progress this week to fully highlight the political implications.

Simply put, the browning of America is about more than an expanding melting pot. It also has immediate implications for education and tax policy; for elective and strategic politics.

Gwen s Take Demographics as political destiny

Forum List

Back