Why Abortion And Euthanasia Should Be Legal

so let me ask you this....

they give you the dose.... hand you the drugs. Would YOU be willing to deliver the dose that would kill it?

Yes, I would. It would be a hard decision, but when I consider the other option - letting him starve to death while I watch, the choice would be easy. It wouldn't be because I wanted him dead, it would be because I loved and adored him and couldn't bare to see him suffer.

good for you. I actually did not think you would consider doing it yourself.

I would because I would love my child to death and want them to leave this life as calmly and peacefully as possible, with my holding them as they take their last breath. It'd kill me to say goodbye, but it'd hurt even more to stand by and wait until nature finally decided to claim them.

I trashed her because the OP is incredibly stupid.

Sometimes I think your OP's and opinions are retarded but I haven't ever been nasty about it. I have been nothing but respectful...

So?

I respectfully ask the same in return.

"IT", his name is Jailan

Oops, sorry. I meant to say 'him'.
When you think of a baby as a "it" abortion becomes a much easier option

Baby is not an 'it', he was born, and had a name.

If the condition had been discovered during the pregnancy, surely it would be kinder to abort Jailan than to give birth to him and watch him starve and die?

I guess so but in this case the condition wasn't discovered during the pregnancy and according to your OP the child seemed to be wanted by the parents. I don't think you'll be able to turn this kid into a poster child for abortion.

Of course not, and its not my intention to say that this child should have been aborted. My point is that a choice should be given, to either abort or to euthanase, children who are severely ill and who will die.

I don't think anyone gets that, though.

Exactly.

This story is a few months old, but its incredibly sad. A little boy born with a defective small intestine. He had surgery, but doctors discovered that his entire small bowel had died, and as a result, he couldn't eat or drink, and there was nothing that could be done for him.
He was given high doses of morphine as he starved to death - after 13 days of life:

“On the 20th of April 2013 my sister went into labour three weeks early and my baby nephew was born at 1:30am on my daughter’s birthday.

“One week earlier my sister began having a few contractions so she went to the hospital. When a scan was performed the doctors noticed that the baby’s small intestine appeared to be blocked, so my sister was transferred to John Hunter Hospital. The surgeon said baby Jailan had bowel atresia and that when he was 12 hours old he would be sent to theatre to cut out the blockage and reattach the intestines. The doctor was confident, and assured us that he had performed this surgery numerous times with high success rates.

“We were upset that bub had to have surgery, but reassured that it was a relatively easy and fairly common operation.

Jailan's story: a life too short | Parent Exchange

If the condition had been discovered during the pregnancy, surely it would be kinder to abort Jailan than to give birth to him and watch him starve and die?
And surely it would be kinder for parents to have the option to euthanase their sick children, so they do not have to suffer like this?

Jailan may not have felt pain, given the morphine he was on, but his parents, and relatives had to stand by and watch him grow smaller and weaker, until finally, he died of starvation and dehydration.

I do not understand how some people consider this is a better death than a termination in the womb.

Belgium may vote to do that soon

Belgium to Vote Soon on Allowing Doctors to Euthanize Children

Belgiuim to Vote Soon on Allowing Doctors to Euthanize Children | LifeNews.com

Apparently, they have a little something over in Belgium called 'empathy,' or 'compassion.'

Sometimes I think your OP's and opinions are retarded but I haven't ever been nasty about it. I have been nothing but respectful...

So?

Tank? She got it. No need to hammer the point to death.

I hope we do not go the way of Belgium.

In my opinion a physicians job is healer.

This looks like a good book and the synopsis conveys some of my concerns.

When his teenaged son Christopher, brain-damaged in an auto accident, developed a 106-degree fever following weeks of unconsciousness, John Campbell asked the attending physician for help. The doctor refused. Why bother? The boy’s life was effectively over.

Campbell refused to accept this verdict. He demanded treatment and threatened legal action. The doctor finally relented. With treatment, Christopher’s temperature subsided almost immediately. Soon afterwards he regained consciousness and today he is learning to walk again.

This story is one of many Wesley J. Smith recounts in his groundbreaking new book, Culture of Death.

Smith believes that American medicine “is changing from a system based on the sanctity of human life into a starkly utilitarian model in which the medically defenseless are seen as having not just a ‘right’ but a ‘duty’ to die.” Going behind the current scenes of our health care system, he shows how doctors withdraw desired care based on Futile Care Theory rather than providing it as required by the Hippocratic Oath. And how “bioethicists” influence policy by considering questions such as whether organs may be harvested from the terminally ill and disabled. This is a passionate, yet coolly reasoned book about the current crisis in medical ethics by an author who has made “the new thanatology” his consuming interest.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Culture-Death-Assault-Medical-America/dp/189355449X]Culture of Death: The Assault on Medical Ethics in America: Wesley J. Smith: 9781893554498: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

The bill is widely supported and is expected to become law. Supporters of Belgium’s proposed euthanasia law say it is necessary and compassionate, but critics say it is only the next phase in what they call “a culture of death.”

Euthanasia is now considered medical therapy in Belgium.

Not only do two thirds of Belgians favor the new euthanasia bill, but in a controversial poll, three quarters said it would be okay for parents to euthanize their sick children without the child’s consent.

“The child does not have the maturity to get married or to buy alcohol or to buy cigarettes if he is 14. Now we are saying that because he is suffering, he might have the possibility to ask for euthanasia,” Carine Boucher, with the European Center for Bio-ethics in Brussels, said.

Michel De Keukelaere, a law student and the founder of the March for Life in Brussels said, “Children never choose to die. I don’t believe a child under 18 who is sick and who is ill wants to die.”

“Who will give the suggestion to the child that one of the solutions is euthanasia?” Boucher asked. “A child doesn’t know what euthanasia is. A child doesn’t know what death is.”

Belgiuim to Vote Soon on Allowing Doctors to Euthanize Children | LifeNews.com

Yes, I would. It would be a hard decision, but when I consider the other option - letting him starve to death while I watch, the choice would be easy. It wouldn't be because I wanted him dead, it would be because I loved and adored him and couldn't bare to see him suffer.

I would because I would love my child to death and want them to leave this life as calmly and peacefully as possible, with my holding them as they take their last breath. It'd kill me to say goodbye, but it'd hurt even more to stand by and wait until nature finally decided to claim them.

I am really enjoying this "We'd keep the baby alive and suffering just to back our moral position on abortion" brigade.

So?

"it" works for me....

everything can be descried as ..... it.

I am really enjoying this "We'd keep the baby alive and suffering just to back our moral position on abortion" brigade.

I am not enjoying the hypocrites that insist that it is a choice and while demanding that everyone agree with them.

What would you do in this situation, Pixie? Let the baby starve, I guess?

I've told this here before, but I'll repeat it for the sake of thread continence...

I accompanied Mrs. H. to her ultrasound when she was a few month pregnant. The attending physician was present, with blood work data in hand. He matter-of-factly informed us that our child had all the markers of being born with Down's Syndrome.

He then advised us to go down to the coffee shop and discuss our "options".

I could have cold-cocked the fucker.

So there we sat, coffee in hand. I stayed silent waiting for her to make the first move.

All she said was "you take what life gives you". (Mind you, she's a flaming Liberal Feminazi).

I replied "yup".

So we went home, making mental preparations for a life of endless challenges.

Long story made longer- our daughter was born a bit premature and spent a week in the neonatal intensive care unit. But perfectly.... perfect.

She's now a senior at one of the most prestigious arts academy high schools in the country, bound for the college of the arts of her choice.

My wife and I had planned for the worst, and hoped for the best. And that's what we were blessed with.

Abortion flushes our progeny down the toilet, while affording parents the convenience of their own lifestyles.

Ours is a fuck and flush society.

Michel De Keukelaere, a law student and the founder of the March for Life in Brussels said, “Children never choose to die. I don’t believe a child under 18 who is sick and who is ill wants to die.”

Really? I DO wish they'd stop committing suicide, then.

My sister committed suicide June 10th 2013, who are you referring to?

Per my quote of your quote. "Children never choose to die." My response followed.

I am not enjoying the hypocrites that insist that it is a choice and while demanding that everyone agree with them.

I don't honestly give a shit what you are or not enjoying, as long as you are not trying to make someone else's decisions for them.

That is not them choosing to die, it is them taking the only option they think they have. If you really want them to stop killing themselves you need to give them real options, not fake government programs that attempt to treat them like cogs in a machine.

That is not them choosing to die, it is them taking the only option they think they have. If you really want them to stop killing themselves you need to give them real options, not fake government programs that attempt to treat them like cogs in a machine.

What a fucking crock of semantics.

What would you do in this situation, Pixie? Let the baby starve, I guess?

I've told this here before, but I'll repeat it for the sake of thread continence...

I accompanied Mrs. H. to her ultrasound when she was a few month pregnant. The attending physician was present, with blood work data in hand. He matter-of-factly informed us that our child had all the markers of being born with Down's Syndrome.

He then advised us to go down to the coffee shop and discuss our "options".

I could have cold-cocked the fucker.

So there we sat, coffee in hand. I stayed silent waiting for her to make the first move.

All she said was "you take what life gives you". (Mind you, she's a flaming Liberal Feminazi).

I replied "yup".

So we went home, making mental preparations for a life of endless challenges.

Long story made longer- our daughter was born a bit premature and spent a week in the neonatal intensive care unit. But perfectly.... perfect.

She's now a senior at one of the most prestigious arts academy high schools in the country, bound for the college of the arts of her choice.

My wife and I had planned for the worst, and hoped for the best. And that's what we were blessed with.

Abortion flushes our progeny down the toilet, while affording parents the convenience of their own lifestyles.

Ours is a fuck and flush society.

I know your story, Mr. H, you have shared it with us many times, and you have a gorgeous daughter who is a talented dancer. I have seen her photo. :)

Forum List

Back