Where to turn?

Raynine

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2023
We had a family gathering last weekend and I saw my 28-year-old grandson. He is about 5'9 and weighs somwhere in the 300's. He still lives with his parents so I am careful with how I approach this serious issue. He is absolutely sedantary and spends his days and nights in front of a computer screen. I don't know the last time he saw a doctor but my guess is his health is critically compromised. I would like him to get a physical including comprehensive blood tests. The problem is that he has no insurance. What can I do?

We had a family gathering last weekend and I saw my 28-year-old grandson. He is about 5'9 and weighs somwhere in the 300's. He still lives with his parents so I am careful with how I approach this serious issue. He is absolutely sedantary and spends his days and nights in front of a computer screen. I don't know the last time he saw a doctor but my guess is his health is critically compromised. I would like him to get a physical including comprehensive blood tests. The problem is that he has no insurance. What can I do?
Other than pay for it yourself (with approval from your son/daughter) probably very little.

That is even if the grandson would agree.

Other than pay for it yourself (with approval from your son/daughter) probably very little.

That is even if the grandson would agree.
You're probably right. The cost would likely run into the thousands because most people have no idea how much is charged for this testing. He complained to me about a few things which alerted me to possible health issues. I'm wondering if medical centers have funding for preventive testing. I suppose I could ask.

You can't help people that don't want help. You can choose your friends, but not your family. I have 2 brothers and a sister, I ignore one brother and my sister because they're idiots.

If I was you, I would tell him to get off his fat arse, but we're all different at handling things. No way would I spend any money him.

You can't help people that don't want help. You can choose your friends, but not your family. I have 2 brothers and a sister, I ignore one brother and my sister because they're idiots.

If I was you, I would tell him to get off his fat arse, but we're all different at handling things. No way would I spend any money him.
To that end, does your grandson want help?

Would there be resistance from your son/daughter?

What are the options medically in state?

To my knowledge he drinks no alcohol and I don't think he smokes weed though his parents did which is likely the source of the problem.

Show him this....

Forum List

Back