Why a Trump news conference is very important...

I see that you disagreed. But you did not explain why you think the law of supply and demand does not apply to labor.

Your attempt to make this about me personally is noted and rejected. Fuck you.

My point stands.

Deporting illegals and restricting immigration will reduce supply of labor leading to higher cost, ie wages.

Because labor markets are full of what economists refer to as "friction".....there are some jobs (specifically farm work, and the minimum wage back end jobs of the retail and service industries) that employers have discovered are "beneath" most Americans, at least at prevailing wages. Studies show that it is this labor pool that many migrants supply. The benefits to you are cheap groceries, restaurants, lawn service and sheet rocking.

The messages of 5 million current job openings suggest two things
a) that labor markets are relatively strong
b) that to the extent that people with skill remain unemployed, it is a result of "structural" unemployment, where either skills or local demand are the issues.

The idea that EVERY good behaves the same way is a conceit normally dispensed with by the third week of undergraduate micro.......

So, create the environment to raise the prevailing wage. THAT'S THE POINT.

And raising the demand for the skilled labor? THAT'S THE POINT too, especially of the Trade POlicy.

You were probably in a Drudge Binge induced coma when this news came out...

Earlier this week, the Census Bureau reported that the real median household income increased 5.2 percent, from $53,718 in 2014 to $56,516 in 2015. That’s the first annual increase since 2007, and the biggest increase since the ’60s, when the government started tracking household incomes.

2015 Was the Best Year on Record for Middle-Class Income Growth

And raising the demand for the skilled labor? THAT'S THE POINT too, especially of the Trade POlicy.

The problem here is that some "skilled labor" has become obsolete.....no policy is likely to change that. Another is that for those skills about which nabobs generally prattle, like IT, or engineering, large employers would prefer that the government accommodate their importation of less expensive foreigners....

1. No, I caught that. It's good, but note that it is the "biggest since the 60s, I don't want a good year. I want generation long trends.

2. Germany has TWICE the level of manufacturing employment we do. The skills are not obsolete there, somehow.

3. The large employers backed HIllary to keep that policy of less expensive foreigners. And they were defeated at the polls.

You're looking for a trend?

Something like

blogger-image-1123238145.jpg

perhaps?

2. Germany has TWICE the level of manufacturing employment we do. The skills are not obsolete there, somehow.

Germany approaches the whole idea completely differently....they have strong traditions of vocational training and apprenticeship, powerful unions who sit on boards of companies, and very strict immigration policies.......this ain't a chinese restaurant - you get the whole plate, you cannot just pick what you like from columns A and B..

3. The large employers backed HIllary to keep that policy of less expensive foreigners. And they were defeated at the polls.

This is silly talk......the guy for whom you (prohibitively likely) voted has actually practiced the arts of

hiring illegals

off shoring manufacturing

and I invite you to post the actual voter counts......people are more than happy to claim that it was "the will of the voters", but when they are asked to post how said voters actually VOTED you'll be deafened by the Cricket Symphony...

1. Mmm, I see that year of big growth was a rebound from a dip. How exciting. Not.

2. What Germany has is a trade policy based on fucking US, as demonstrated by the recent WTO airbus ruling. Stop letting them take advantage of US, and jobs will return.

3. The candidate of importing cheap Third World workers lost, and candidate of stopping that won. What part of that is confusing to you?

There is a reason why Trump-lovers advise him to NOT speak to that sneaky media that seem to manage to corner the Donald in his constant lies and half truths about his policies.

This morning's news conference will undoubtedly offer us various sound bites from Trump which he will later have to walk back and, of course, accuse the media outlets of misinterpreting what he meant (like Trump's mocking of that reporter's disability.)

I've always believed that, ultimately, the very best way to show the world what a clown Trump really is, boils down to have him talk directly in front of a camera, having to address questions, without the background love fest of his mindless acolytes.

Have some popcorn ready folks.....

hmmm...used up all my popcorn on election night

Because labor markets are full of what economists refer to as "friction".....there are some jobs (specifically farm work, and the minimum wage back end jobs of the retail and service industries) that employers have discovered are "beneath" most Americans, at least at prevailing wages. Studies show that it is this labor pool that many migrants supply. The benefits to you are cheap groceries, restaurants, lawn service and sheet rocking.

The messages of 5 million current job openings suggest two things
a) that labor markets are relatively strong
b) that to the extent that people with skill remain unemployed, it is a result of "structural" unemployment, where either skills or local demand are the issues.

The idea that EVERY good behaves the same way is a conceit normally dispensed with by the third week of undergraduate micro.......

Earlier this week, the Census Bureau reported that the real median household income increased 5.2 percent, from $53,718 in 2014 to $56,516 in 2015. That’s the first annual increase since 2007, and the biggest increase since the ’60s, when the government started tracking household incomes.

The problem here is that some "skilled labor" has become obsolete.....no policy is likely to change that. Another is that for those skills about which nabobs generally prattle, like IT, or engineering, large employers would prefer that the government accommodate their importation of less expensive foreigners....

1. No, I caught that. It's good, but note that it is the "biggest since the 60s, I don't want a good year. I want generation long trends.

Something like

perhaps?

Germany approaches the whole idea completely differently....they have strong traditions of vocational training and apprenticeship, powerful unions who sit on boards of companies, and very strict immigration policies.......this ain't a chinese restaurant - you get the whole plate, you cannot just pick what you like from columns A and B..

This is silly talk......the guy for whom you (prohibitively likely) voted has actually practiced the arts of

hiring illegals

and I invite you to post the actual voter counts......people are more than happy to claim that it was "the will of the voters", but when they are asked to post how said voters actually VOTED you'll be deafened by the Cricket Symphony...

1. Mmm, I see that year of big growth was a rebound from a dip. How exciting. Not.

2. What Germany has is a trade policy based on fucking US, as demonstrated by the recent WTO airbus ruling. Stop letting them take advantage of US, and jobs will return.

3. The candidate of importing cheap Third World workers lost, and candidate of stopping that won. What part of that is confusing to you?

You aren't quantitatively inclined, are you?

The TREND has been ongoing since 2010.......the slope of the line indicates an ACCELERATION in that trend starting in 2014.....

Have you considered discussing other topics?
Apparently no one ever told you what WTO stands for........it is NOT "Germany"....

The candidate with a RECORD of importing cheap Third World labor LOST the popular vote......you know, the count which indicates how those voters actually feel about each candidate...

The only thing confusing me at this point is why you idiots keep running headlong into that particular rhetorical box canyon...

Something like

perhaps?

hiring illegals

The TREND has been ongoing since 2010.......the slope of the line indicates an ACCELERATION in that trend starting in 2014.....

Apparently no one ever told you what WTO stands for........it is NOT "Germany"....

The candidate with a RECORD of importing cheap Third World labor LOST the popular vote......you know, the count which indicates how those voters actually feel about each candidate...

The only thing confusing me at this point is why you idiots keep running headlong into that particular rhetorical box canyon...

1. A rebound from a dip. I want the next generation of Middle Class America to be wealthier than this one.

2. The WTO ruling was against the EU for illegally supporting Airbus exports. German manufacturers could not compete against US manufacturers in a fair fight.

3. HIllary was the status quo candidate backed by those labor importers you referred to. Trump ran on reversing that policy. Trump won the election. Do you wish to address that point?

[

Maybe you should have your shits read to you...

CNN says it is not reporting the details of the memos because it has not verified them. It adds that while the information was circulating for months, the intelligence community has now “checked out the former British intelligence operative and his vast network throughout Europe and find him and his sources to be credible enough” to use the information in briefings. However, intelligence officials also found the information sensitive enough to only provide it to Trump, President Obama, and the eight chairs and ranking members of the House and Senate intelligence committees, CNN says.

What CNN's Bombshell Report on Trump and Russia Does and Doesn't Say

Fucking idiot...

You should get a brain transplant from a mushroom, to vastly increase your intelligence.

Even James Clapper is backing off this one;

{
This evening, I had the opportunity to speak with President-elect Donald Trump to discuss recent media reports about our briefing last Friday. I expressed my profound dismay at the leaks that have been appearing in the press, and we both agreed that they are extremely corrosive and damaging to our national security.

We also discussed the private security company document, which was widely circulated in recent months among the media, members of Congress and Congressional staff even before the IC became aware of it. I emphasized that this document is not a U.S. Intelligence Community product and that I do not believe the leaks came from within the IC. The IC has not made any judgment that the information in this document is reliable, and we did not rely upon it in any way for our conclusions. However, part of our obligation is to ensure that policymakers are provided with the fullest possible picture of any matters that might affect national security.}

Intel Chief Clapper on Leaked Dossier: It Wasn't Us

You SHOULD be embarrassed, but you're just too fucking stupid to grasp what a fool you're making of yourself.

Which is WHY you are a Communist. :eusa_whistle:

Look up "syllogism"........cause the above is indistinguishable from the rantings of a hysterical crack whore....though I guess I shouldn't presume that you aren't one...

So you acknowledge that you're too fucking stupid to grasp what was written.

Hey, you're just a troll who spreads fake news on behalf of a Hungarian billionaire. We can't expect you to have the ability to think...

Something like

perhaps?

hiring illegals

1. A rebound from a dip. I want the next generation of Middle Class America to be wealthier than this one.

2. The WTO ruling was against the EU for illegally supporting Airbus exports. German manufacturers could not compete against US manufacturers in a fair fight.

3. HIllary was the status quo candidate backed by those labor importers you referred to. Trump ran on reversing that policy. Trump won the election. Do you wish to address that point?
1) Uptrends tend to start that way.......it's what makes them better than downtrends.....

2) the fact that the WTO is asked to determine whether member states are violating trade rules does not make the Respondents "fuckers".....that is how disagreements are settled between civilized parties..

How many of the Respondents on this list should we condemn as "predatory"

WTO | dispute settlement - chronological list of disputes cases

HIllary was the status quo candidate backed by those labor importers you referred to.

So you persist in asserting......can you provide any evidence (not in the form of another Bold Assertion, please)

Trump ran on reversing that policy. Trump won the election. Do you wish to address that point?

Yeah....it demonstrates a couple of things....

The shamelessness of Trump, who has repeatedly engaged in the very practice against which he inveighed.

The utter cluelessness of those who voted for him on these grounds.....fortunately, for the image of the US, there were fewer of them than the others (notwithstanding the fact that no Trumpkin will post the totals)

There is no magic wand which will alter the progress of history and economic evolution. Countries cannot rely on temporary policies which attempt to stem the tide......as anyone with even a crude grasp of economics understands...

Something like

perhaps?

hiring illegals

1) Uptrends tend to start that way.......it's what makes them better than downtrends.....

2) the fact that the WTO is asked to determine whether member states are violating trade rules does not make the Respondents "fuckers".....that is how disagreements are settled between civilized parties..

WTO | dispute settlement - chronological list of disputes cases

HIllary was the status quo candidate backed by those labor importers you referred to.

So you persist in asserting......can you provide any evidence (not in the form of another Bold Assertion, please)

Trump ran on reversing that policy. Trump won the election. Do you wish to address that point?

The shamelessness of Trump, who has repeatedly engaged in the very practice against which he inveighed.

The utter cluelessness of those who voted for him on these grounds.....fortunately, for the image of the US, there were fewer of them than the others (notwithstanding the fact that no Trumpkin will post the totals)

There is no magic wand which will alter the progress of history and economic evolution. Countries cannot rely on temporary policies which attempt to stem the tide......as anyone with even a crude grasp of economics understands...
Barry is a fuck up...

Something like

perhaps?

hiring illegals

What factors lead you to believe that this is the beginning of a real uptrend then a meaningless blip?

Nope, the fact that they had a policy of cheating to gain market share and jobs at the expense of Americans who were better than them does.

Trump Right on Trade Predators

"Richard Evans of British Aerospace explained: “Airbus is going to attack the Americans, including Boeing, until they bleed and scream.” And another executive said, “If Airbus has to give away planes, we will do it.”

When Europe’s taxpayers objected to the $26 billion in subsidies Airbus had gotten by 1990, German aerospace coordinator Erich Riedl was dismissive, “We don’t care about criticism from small-minded pencil-pushers.”

This is the voice of economic nationalism. Where is ours?"

Sure.

Here is their positions on the issues, really odd you are unaware of this AFTER the election.

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are universes apart on immigration

"Experts from all sides of the immigration spectrum say the policy gap between Donald Trump, who on Wednesday reaffirmed his support for a border wall and mass deportation, and Hillary Clinton, who has pledged to further integrate millions of undocumented immigrants into American society, is unprecedented in recent history."

America's millionaires are warming up to idea of President Trump, but ...

"CNBC's "Millionaire Survey," which in March surveyed 750 people with $1 million or more in investable assets, found that in a head-to-head contest between Clinton and Trump, 44 percent of millionaires would vote for Clinton in November, compared with 31 percent for Trump."

There is a graph included showing immigration as an important issue.

Playing by the rules doesn't mean you like the rules. SHRUG. Now that he will be in charge of MAKING the rules and his job will be the interests of the American citizens, he will enact policy accordingly.

Calling people you don't like "clueless" isn't an argument.

It's a good thing that that Trump is planning to do Trade and Immigration policies and not magic then.

"TEmporary policies"? Wtf does that mean?

Forum List

Back