Why a Trump news conference is very important...

There is a reason why Trump-lovers advise him to NOT speak to that sneaky media that seem to manage to corner the Donald in his constant lies and half truths about his policies.

This morning's news conference will undoubtedly offer us various sound bites from Trump which he will later have to walk back and, of course, accuse the media outlets of misinterpreting what he meant (like Trump's mocking of that reporter's disability.)

I've always believed that, ultimately, the very best way to show the world what a clown Trump really is, boils down to have him talk directly in front of a camera, having to address questions, without the background love fest of his mindless acolytes.

Have some popcorn ready folks.....

Deporting illegals and restricting immigration will reduce supply of labor leading to higher cost, ie wages.

What part of that do you disagree with or dislike?

It won't lead to higher wages.......and there are currently 5 million job openings.....no Mexican is depriving you of opportunity....you're just shiftless.

I see that you disagreed. But you did not explain why you think the law of supply and demand does not apply to labor.

Your attempt to make this about me personally is noted and rejected. Fuck you.

My point stands.

Deporting illegals and restricting immigration will reduce supply of labor leading to higher cost, ie wages.

Because labor markets are full of what economists refer to as "friction".....there are some jobs (specifically farm work, and the minimum wage back end jobs of the retail and service industries) that employers have discovered are "beneath" most Americans, at least at prevailing wages. Studies show that it is this labor pool that many migrants supply. The benefits to you are cheap groceries, restaurants, lawn service and sheet rocking.

The messages of 5 million current job openings suggest two things
a) that labor markets are relatively strong
b) that to the extent that people with skill remain unemployed, it is a result of "structural" unemployment, where either skills or local demand are the issues.

The idea that EVERY good behaves the same way is a conceit normally dispensed with by the third week of undergraduate micro.......

So, create the environment to raise the prevailing wage. THAT'S THE POINT.

And raising the demand for the skilled labor? THAT'S THE POINT too, especially of the Trade POlicy.

You were probably in a Drudge Binge induced coma when this news came out...

Earlier this week, the Census Bureau reported that the real median household income increased 5.2 percent, from $53,718 in 2014 to $56,516 in 2015. That’s the first annual increase since 2007, and the biggest increase since the ’60s, when the government started tracking household incomes.

2015 Was the Best Year on Record for Middle-Class Income Growth

And raising the demand for the skilled labor? THAT'S THE POINT too, especially of the Trade POlicy.

The problem here is that some "skilled labor" has become obsolete.....no policy is likely to change that. Another is that for those skills about which nabobs generally prattle, like IT, or engineering, large employers would prefer that the government accommodate their importation of less expensive foreigners....

A certain amount of accountability. honesty. and transparency should be expected from our government. don't you think?
What? NOW you want that? Where have you been?
Enjoying the recovery from the disaster wrought by Obama's predecessor.......

Did you play any part in enabling that?
So let's see if we have this right. You seem to be saying that "accountability. honesty. and transparency should be expected from our government" unless we feel warm and fuzzy about a lackluster economy.

I don't read Idiot Media......accordingly, I find your premise entirely flawed..

My guess is that the belief that this Administration has fallen short in that respect is informed almost entirely by bitterness at the failure of the guy for whom I am quite sure you cast two votes....

And your reluctance to answer the question suggests that I am on to something...

and once you stipulate to that fact, I will be more than pleased to take up the issue of "lackluster" - 'k? But I'm gonna insist that you bring numbers, NOT IDIOTORIALS, to the occasion.
The lame-duck is on his way out, now the country can move on to bigger and better things.
The experiment that was "hope and change" is over... proving to be a load of shit.

I don't see your numbers, Rustic......

But I think this is good....It will provide an opportunity to demonstrate to you the difference between "uninformed bleat" and "FACT"...

in response to your uninformed bleat, here are some facts...

jpg

You savvy?

A certain amount of accountability. honesty. and transparency should be expected from our government. don't you think?

So let's see if we have this right. You seem to be saying that "accountability. honesty. and transparency should be expected from our government" unless we feel warm and fuzzy about a lackluster economy.

I don't read Idiot Media......accordingly, I find your premise entirely flawed..

My guess is that the belief that this Administration has fallen short in that respect is informed almost entirely by bitterness at the failure of the guy for whom I am quite sure you cast two votes....

And your reluctance to answer the question suggests that I am on to something...

and once you stipulate to that fact, I will be more than pleased to take up the issue of "lackluster" - 'k? But I'm gonna insist that you bring numbers, NOT IDIOTORIALS, to the occasion.
The point of this particular thread is the accountability. honesty. and transparency we expect from the government. If you'd like to discuss that, we can. Otherwise, you're wandering off by yourself in a different direction.
No, it isn't....check the OP.....have Rustic read it to you, if necessary...

You raised the matter......we cannot determine whether this administration is good or bad in this respect without comparing it to others....(good and bad being RELATIVE).

Your squirming confirms my suspicions about your motivations......don't they?

The lame-duck is on his way out, now the country can move on to bigger and better things.
The experiment that was "hope and change" is over... proving to be a load of shit.

But I think this is good....It will provide an opportunity to demonstrate to you the difference between "uninformed bleat" and "FACT"...

jpg

You savvy?
Part time service jobs

The point of this particular thread is the accountability. honesty. and transparency we expect from the government. If you'd like to discuss that, we can. Otherwise, you're wandering off by yourself in a different direction.

You raised the matter......we cannot determine whether this administration is good or bad in this respect without comparing it to others....(good and bad being RELATIVE).

"Accountability. honesty. and transparency". Those are the key words in this thread. I find it amusing that someone NOW wants that from the (not yet inaugurated) Trump administration, but apparently didn't so much from the (almost defunct) Obama administration, which has been from from accountable, honest, or transparent.

Now, you can go on all you want about Bush, but it's irrelevant unless you're trying to make the point that every administration accumulates secrets that they don't want exposed. If you want, we can include a hypothetical Hillary administration, but thankfully, that will remain hypothetical.

jpg

You savvy?
Part time service jobs
Good thing BLS tracks this stuff, eh? That means we can rely on facts, not your imagination....

So what do the FACTS reveal?

Employed, Usually Work Part Time (L
NS12600000)

(in ,000)
March 2010 - 27,558

Dec 2016 - 27,895

Will you be needing help with the math, Rustic?

"Accountability. honesty. and transparency". Those are the key words in this thread. I find it amusing that someone NOW wants that from the (not yet inaugurated) Trump administration, but apparently didn't so much from the (almost defunct) Obama administration, which has been from from accountable, honest, or transparent.

Now, you can go on all you want about Bush, but it's irrelevant unless you're trying to make the point that every administration accumulates secrets that they don't want exposed. If you want, we can include a hypothetical Hillary administration, but thankfully, that will remain hypothetical.
"but apparently didn't so much from the (almost defunct) Obama administration, which has been from from accountable, honest, or transparent."

Apparently?

Can you go beyond boldly asserting it?

because ANY idiot can repeat what they've been told to think...

"but apparently didn't so much from the (almost defunct) Obama administration, which has been from from accountable, honest, or transparent."

Apparently?

I'm responding to what another poster said. You are aware of that, correct? Tell you what, let the other poster respond now that your diversion attempt has run its course.

jpg

You savvy?
Part time service jobs
Good thing BLS tracks this stuff, eh? That means we can rely on facts, not your imagination....

NS12600000)

(in ,000)
March 2010 - 27,558

Dec 2016 - 27,895

Is that Al gore math, in the lock box? You know Florida was supposed to be underwater by now?

Apparently?

I'm responding to what another poster said. You are aware of that, correct? Tell you what, let the other poster respond now that your diversion attempt has run its course.
You are boldly asserting .....I'm asking you to support it with, I dunno, evidence, or something.......Since you won't, I am speculating as to why you would go on, and on, about this topic....

I think my conclusions are spot on......don't you agree.

let the other poster respond now that your diversion attempt has run its course.

Why are you having such a struggle stipulating to the obvious.....a simple "Yes, Slim.....I did.....I'm really bitter about how that turned out.......and I'm taking that out on the guy who spent 8 years fixing the disaster I so stupidly enabled." would suffice......

Once we've established this, then the rest of the conversation will make more sense, don't you think?

And from the looks of it, the other poster has smoked you out...

jpg

You savvy?
Part time service jobs

NS12600000)

(in ,000)
March 2010 - 27,558

Dec 2016 - 27,895

Is that Al gore math, in the lock box? You know Florida was supposed to be underwater by now?
Nah.....it's arithmetic at its most basic......

you subtract the top number from the bottom number to arrive at the change over the period.....If this number is NOT 15 million, you MUST be wrong with your so called "fact".

this is what we call "logic"....

Apparently?

You are boldly asserting .....I'm asking you to support it with, I dunno, evidence, or something.......Since you won't, I am speculating as to why you would go on, and on, about this topic....

let the other poster respond now that your diversion attempt has run its course.

Why are you having such a struggle stipulating to the obvious.....a simple "Yes, Slim.....I did.....I'm really bitter about how that turned out.......and I'm taking that out on the guy who spent 8 years fixing the disaster I so stupidly enabled." would suffice......

Once we've established this, then the rest of the conversation will make more sense, don't you think?

It must be very frustrating when someone won't play your game...

Apparently?

It must be very frustrating when someone won't play your game...
Your embarrassment must be ginormous......

But I didn't just ask you to stipulate to what you would actually have reason to know, I asked you to go beyond your Bold Assertion and to fashion an argument to support it......

That demands a capacity to link two, or more, thoughts......a skill which atrophies after decades of gorging on Drudge headlines.......

jpg

You savvy?
Part time service jobs

NS12600000)

(in ,000)
March 2010 - 27,558

Dec 2016 - 27,895

you subtract the top number from the bottom number to arrive at the change over the period.....If this number is NOT 15 million, you MUST be wrong with your so called "fact".

Well, we have a federal government that thinks...
That printed paper is Wealth.
-And that they think if the deficit is under control they really have no debt. :lmao:
-And polar bears are drowning, even though they are a marine mammal.
-And the popular vote determines presidential elections.
-And insurance is really healthcare.
-And a part-time job is really a full-time job, a starter job should be paid like a career.
-And guns really kill people, not people.
-And alternative green energy is reliable and cheap.
-And muslim controlled countries can be trusted.
-And Elizabeth Warren is a real Indian.
-And trusting career politicians is good for the well-being of America.
-And carbon credits go to a good cause.
-And Hollywood understands America.
-And political correctness has anything to do with morality/ethics.
-And muslims/progressives tolerate other points of view.

[

Maybe you should have your shits read to you...

CNN says it is not reporting the details of the memos because it has not verified them. It adds that while the information was circulating for months, the intelligence community has now “checked out the former British intelligence operative and his vast network throughout Europe and find him and his sources to be credible enough” to use the information in briefings. However, intelligence officials also found the information sensitive enough to only provide it to Trump, President Obama, and the eight chairs and ranking members of the House and Senate intelligence committees, CNN says.

What CNN's Bombshell Report on Trump and Russia Does and Doesn't Say

Fucking idiot...

You should get a brain transplant from a mushroom, to vastly increase your intelligence.

Even James Clapper is backing off this one;

{
This evening, I had the opportunity to speak with President-elect Donald Trump to discuss recent media reports about our briefing last Friday. I expressed my profound dismay at the leaks that have been appearing in the press, and we both agreed that they are extremely corrosive and damaging to our national security.

We also discussed the private security company document, which was widely circulated in recent months among the media, members of Congress and Congressional staff even before the IC became aware of it. I emphasized that this document is not a U.S. Intelligence Community product and that I do not believe the leaks came from within the IC. The IC has not made any judgment that the information in this document is reliable, and we did not rely upon it in any way for our conclusions. However, part of our obligation is to ensure that policymakers are provided with the fullest possible picture of any matters that might affect national security.}

Intel Chief Clapper on Leaked Dossier: It Wasn't Us

You SHOULD be embarrassed, but you're just too fucking stupid to grasp what a fool you're making of yourself.

Which is WHY you are a Communist. :eusa_whistle:

[
The Clinton news network is the poster child for fake news… Fact

What Dorkbergdim doesn't grasp is that no matter HOW much the Soros sites scream "deys dindo nuffin," it won't matter. CNN has fed the confirmation bias of middle America, which already views the major media as corrupt and untrustworthy.

CNN has hoovered in the lower ratings for years, this sort of blow puts media that is already struggling out of the game. CNN has entered a death spiral, and short of buying it to run it at a loss, there is nothing that George Soros and his troll army can do to change it.

jpg

You savvy?
Part time service jobs

NS12600000)

(in ,000)
March 2010 - 27,558

Dec 2016 - 27,895

Well, we have a federal government that thinks...
That printed paper is Wealth.
-And that they think if the deficit is under control they really have no debt. :lmao:
-And polar bears are drowning, even though they are a marine mammal.
-And the popular vote determines presidential elections.
-And insurance is really healthcare.
-And a part-time job is really a full-time job, a starter job should be paid like a career.
-And guns really kill people, not people.
-And alternative green energy is reliable and cheap.
-And muslim controlled countries can be trusted.
-And Elizabeth Warren is a real Indian.
-And trusting career politicians is good for the well-being of America.
-And carbon credits go to a good cause.
-And Hollywood understands America.
-And political correctness has anything to do with morality/ethics.
-And muslims/progressives tolerate other points of view.
Is this your way of admitting that you cannot perform basic calculations..........EVEN WITH THE RECIPE?

Oh, Rustic.....this is truly tragic......you are the very caricature of Abysmal Ignorance......

[

Maybe you should have your shits read to you...

CNN says it is not reporting the details of the memos because it has not verified them. It adds that while the information was circulating for months, the intelligence community has now “checked out the former British intelligence operative and his vast network throughout Europe and find him and his sources to be credible enough” to use the information in briefings. However, intelligence officials also found the information sensitive enough to only provide it to Trump, President Obama, and the eight chairs and ranking members of the House and Senate intelligence committees, CNN says.

What CNN's Bombshell Report on Trump and Russia Does and Doesn't Say

Fucking idiot...

You should get a brain transplant from a mushroom, to vastly increase your intelligence.

Even James Clapper is backing off this one;

{
This evening, I had the opportunity to speak with President-elect Donald Trump to discuss recent media reports about our briefing last Friday. I expressed my profound dismay at the leaks that have been appearing in the press, and we both agreed that they are extremely corrosive and damaging to our national security.

We also discussed the private security company document, which was widely circulated in recent months among the media, members of Congress and Congressional staff even before the IC became aware of it. I emphasized that this document is not a U.S. Intelligence Community product and that I do not believe the leaks came from within the IC. The IC has not made any judgment that the information in this document is reliable, and we did not rely upon it in any way for our conclusions. However, part of our obligation is to ensure that policymakers are provided with the fullest possible picture of any matters that might affect national security.}

Intel Chief Clapper on Leaked Dossier: It Wasn't Us

You SHOULD be embarrassed, but you're just too fucking stupid to grasp what a fool you're making of yourself.

Which is WHY you are a Communist. :eusa_whistle:

Look up "syllogism"........cause the above is indistinguishable from the rantings of a hysterical crack whore....though I guess I shouldn't presume that you aren't one...

What part of that do you disagree with or dislike?

It won't lead to higher wages.......and there are currently 5 million job openings.....no Mexican is depriving you of opportunity....you're just shiftless.

I see that you disagreed. But you did not explain why you think the law of supply and demand does not apply to labor.

My point stands.

Because labor markets are full of what economists refer to as "friction".....there are some jobs (specifically farm work, and the minimum wage back end jobs of the retail and service industries) that employers have discovered are "beneath" most Americans, at least at prevailing wages. Studies show that it is this labor pool that many migrants supply. The benefits to you are cheap groceries, restaurants, lawn service and sheet rocking.

b) that to the extent that people with skill remain unemployed, it is a result of "structural" unemployment, where either skills or local demand are the issues.

The idea that EVERY good behaves the same way is a conceit normally dispensed with by the third week of undergraduate micro.......

Earlier this week, the Census Bureau reported that the real median household income increased 5.2 percent, from $53,718 in 2014 to $56,516 in 2015. That’s the first annual increase since 2007, and the biggest increase since the ’60s, when the government started tracking household incomes.

The problem here is that some "skilled labor" has become obsolete.....no policy is likely to change that. Another is that for those skills about which nabobs generally prattle, like IT, or engineering, large employers would prefer that the government accommodate their importation of less expensive foreigners....

1. No, I caught that. It's good, but note that it is the "biggest since the 60s, I don't want a good year. I want generation long trends.

2. Germany has TWICE the level of manufacturing employment we do. The skills are not obsolete there, somehow.

3. The large employers backed HIllary to keep that policy of less expensive foreigners. And they were defeated at the polls.

My point stands.

1. No, I caught that. It's good, but note that it is the "biggest since the 60s, I don't want a good year. I want generation long trends.

2. Germany has TWICE the level of manufacturing employment we do. The skills are not obsolete there, somehow.

3. The large employers backed HIllary to keep that policy of less expensive foreigners. And they were defeated at the polls.

You're looking for a trend?

Something like

blogger-image-1123238145.jpg

perhaps?

Germany approaches the whole idea completely differently....they have strong traditions of vocational training and apprenticeship, powerful unions who sit on boards of companies, and very strict immigration policies.......this ain't a chinese restaurant - you get the whole plate, you cannot just pick what you like from columns A and B..

This is silly talk......the guy for whom you (prohibitively likely) voted has actually practiced the arts of

hiring illegals

off shoring manufacturing

and I invite you to post the actual voter counts......people are more than happy to claim that it was "the will of the voters", but when they are asked to post how said voters actually VOTED you'll be deafened by the Cricket Symphony...

Forum List

Back