Who will be the DNC's choice to run for Pres in 2012?

My understanding is that the DNC definitely wants Sarah Palin to run in 2012

All their problems will be solved

They kept Bush under wraps for 2 years.

IF The Tea party officially becomes a party, Palin would run under them, and not with the GOP. She would carry lots of votes but not enough to win. Many people would recall what she did to get women in ofc, and people like me will recall she quit on her state. But if she did run, obama gets in, if not, the dnc will have to find someone else.

Oh, Palin intends to leverage the Tea Party to overthrow the current GOP leadership.

No third party.

Reagan did the same thing in the 70s.

Hmm

It took a Carter to get a Reagan.

So you think

It takes an Obama to get a Palin?

I don't think so. I truly can't see her as President.

I know it's early and a lot can happen and/or change.

But if the general mood twards progs stays the same, Obama is not a valid choice.
That's what "conservatives" said about Bill Clinton, after he raised taxes in '93. :lol:

(....The rates, to which we'll soon be returning.)

I'm sure your intention was the question of 2016.​

So you think obama is a shoe-in. If not though, who runs in his place?

would you cut down on the color by numbers posts please. It's hard to read, so I don't reply to you, except on my own thread.

IF The Tea party officially becomes a party, Palin would run under them, and not with the GOP. She would carry lots of votes but not enough to win. Many people would recall what she did to get women in ofc, and people like me will recall she quit on her state. But if she did run, obama gets in, if not, the dnc will have to find someone else.

Oh, Palin intends to leverage the Tea Party to overthrow the current GOP leadership.

No third party.

Reagan did the same thing in the 70s.

Not at all. The conservative wing managed to wrest control from the moderates and liberals in the party; nothing from outside the party had anything to do with it. And, it was not in the 1970s, it was in the 1980 primaries.

Obama's low ratings are the direct result of his unwillingness to step on the toes of those who could hurt him when he leaves office. If he continues with this self-interest-based soft-pedaling it will be best for the left to put someone else up in 2012, someone who has already thrown down the gauntlet, someone who is known for his aggressive, uncompromising attitude, someone who is old enough to not be concerned about his future after leaving Office.

That brings Mike Gravel to mind. He is the diametric opposite of Obama. He's a cranky old fart who is pissed off at the corrupt phonies in the House and the Senate and he will go to war with them -- which is exactly what is needed and he knows where a lot of bodies are buried.

What we don't need is more of Obama's Martin Luther King impersonations and extended olive branch bullshit. Win or lose, we need to go to all out war with the right wing. Start with appointment of an aggressive Attorney General and open investigations of the Bush Crime Family and see what fruit will come from shaking that tree.

That will put the fear of God in the bastards.

The DNC likes Palin running as a third party candidate even better

Obama's low ratings are the direct result of his unwillingness to step on the toes of those who could hurt him when he leaves office. If he continues with this self-interest-based soft-pedaling it will be best for the left to put someone else up in 2012, someone who has already thrown down the gauntlet, someone who is known for his aggressive, uncompromising attitude, someone who is old enough to not be concerned about his future after leaving Office.

That brings Mike Gravel to mind. He is the diametric opposite of Obama. He's a cranky old fart who is pissed off at the corrupt phonies in the House and the Senate and he will go to war with them -- which is exactly what is needed and he knows where a lot of bodies are buried.

What we don't need is more of Obama's Martin Luther King impersonations and extended olive branch bullshit. Win or lose, we need to go to all out war with the right wing. Start with appointment of an aggressive Attorney General and open investigations of the Bush Crime Family and see what fruit will come from shaking that tree.

That will put the fear of God in the bastards.

SWEET!!

I would love to see a pissed off liberal in office. I would love to see politians with the guts to eat thier own. B/c once one of them sends another to jail, all the gloves come off and most will end up in jail. The 12 left will be know as "The not dirty dozen."

The DNC likes Palin running as a third party candidate even better

Palin gets the nod in my worste nightmare.

But "if not" obama, who would you like to see run in 2012?

But if the general mood twards progs stays the same, Obama is not a valid choice. When near zero Dems are running on what they have done to help obama now, and are still expected to lose big, they will have to run against him if they have any hope in 2012. IF things continue as they are.

There are a lot of factors to consider. Will a conservative majority pull obama to the right? Will the Tea Party fever pitch fade? etc...

But lets assume obama is out.

Do the dems sacrifice him and prep for 2016? Or who will get the nod?

Obama is the president. If you want the WH, your guys will need to earn it, think anyone on your side can beat Obama? Doubtful. :doubt:

But if the general mood twards progs stays the same, Obama is not a valid choice. When near zero Dems are running on what they have done to help obama now, and are still expected to lose big, they will have to run against him if they have any hope in 2012. IF things continue as they are.

There are a lot of factors to consider. Will a conservative majority pull obama to the right? Will the Tea Party fever pitch fade? etc...

Obama is the president. If you want the WH, your guys will need to earn it, think anyone on your side can beat Obama? Doubtful. :doubt:

So IF obama is not the man you think he is. Who do you think will run for Pres?

Sarah Palin without a doubt is legitimate to the far right. She truly can reve that base up. However, she cannot take the center, moderates, or the independents. Thus, her % will be no more than 35 to 40 of the electorate. If she would accept a Romney or a Huckabee on the ticket, she could pick up another 5%. But that is as far as it could ever possibly go.

He is and you will need someone who can beat him. But who? Palin is making noises like she wants the job. Whadda ya think?

Cenk Uygur for President, Alan Grayson for Vice President!
0.jpg

Haha, no really.. Obama will run again in '12, he'll win again. I've yet to see one poll where he loses to a GOP candidate. Just because his approval rating isn't sky high, doesn't mean anything. Everything's about choice.. and when faced with the choice of Sarah Palin or Barack Obama.. HAHA! It's a no-brainer. And every poll I've seen, the American public agrees.

He is and you will need someone who can beat him. But who? Palin is making noises like she wants the job. Whadda ya think?

Palins a quitter. I wouldn't back her for any reason. It's one thing to stump for others, write a book, get the voters going nuts (obama) it's another thing to lead (obama).

Here's a HINT; Palin has/had more hands on time than Obama does/did, and I certainly didn't think she was ready, and neither was/is obama.

Palin/Obama both can talk the talk, neither now how to walk the walk.

My wish for 2012? NJ Gov Criss Cristie.

so, again, IF, say he croaks in Office and we have skeletor left. Who do you pick for 2012?

0.jpg

Haha, no really.. Obama will run again in '12, he'll win again. I've yet to see one poll where he loses to a GOP candidate. Just because his approval rating isn't sky high, doesn't mean anything. Everything's about choice.. and when faced with the choice of Sarah Palin or Barack Obama.. HAHA! It's a no-brainer. And every poll I've seen, the American public agrees.

That's the 2nd mention of Grayson. never heard of Uygur.

oh, I'm 75% certain obama will run again. It's 2 years away. If the gop pulls him to the right, like clinton, he's in, if not and he stays way out there, he's out.

Sarah Palin without a doubt is legitimate to the far right. She truly can reve that base up. However, she cannot take the center, moderates, or the independents. Thus, her % will be no more than 35 to 40 of the electorate. If she would accept a Romney or a Huckabee on the ticket, she could pick up another 5%. But that is as far as it could ever possibly go.

That's a solid breakdown. I had her taking around 30% with a 10% boost from a moderate VP.

What would you think of Cristie/Palin?

0.jpg

That's the 2nd mention of Grayson. never heard of Uygur.

oh, I'm 75% certain obama will run again. It's 2 years away. If the gop pulls him to the right, like clinton, he's in, if not and he stays way out there, he's out.

Cenk Uygur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheYoungTurks?feature=chclk

Cenk's the man! I rarely watch TV anymore for news.. Mostly watch TYT every night. If we had a straight-shooter like that in the White House, things would be different. But someone like him would never stand a chance.. Because they wouldn't accept corporate money - the only way to get elected.

Palins a quitter. I wouldn't back her for any reason. It's one thing to stump for others, write a book, get the voters going nuts (obama) it's another thing to lead (obama).

Here's a HINT; Palin has/had more hands on time than Obama does/did, and I certainly didn't think she was ready, and neither was/is obama.

Palin/Obama both can talk the talk, neither now how to walk the walk.

My wish for 2012? NJ Gov Criss Cristie.

so, again, IF, say he croaks in Office and we have skeletor left. Who do you pick for 2012?

Criss Cristie -- Repub du jour.

I actually voted for Hillary in the primary and I always said I'd vote for whichever one wins.. I like them both.

Hillary would be my choice.

New Topics

Forum List

Back