Who will be the DNC's choice to run for Pres in 2012?

A Cristie/Palin ticket is a possibility that could actually have a chance if the economy does not pick up. People no more care about ideology than they did in 2008. They care about jobs and economic opportunity. If solid recovery is in place by early 2012, Obama wins; if not, the GOP has a shot.

He is and you will need someone who can beat him. But who? Palin is making noises like she wants the job. Whadda ya think?

Palins a quitter. I wouldn't back her for any reason. It's one thing to stump for others, write a book, get the voters going nuts (obama) it's another thing to lead (obama).

Here's a HINT; Palin has/had more hands on time than Obama does/did, and I certainly didn't think she was ready, and neither was/is obama.

Palin/Obama both can talk the talk, neither now how to walk the walk.

My wish for 2012? NJ Gov Criss Cristie.

so, again, IF, say he croaks in Office and we have skeletor left. Who do you pick for 2012?

Criss Cristie -- Repub du jour.

I actually voted for Hillary in the primary and I always said I'd vote for whichever one wins.. I like them both.

Hillary would be my choice.

I picked Hill myself. I thought she had more balls than obama and was sure his Chicago connections would take him out.

Thanks for coming all, I'm signing off for the weekend. must get caaanndyyy

They kept Bush under wraps for 2 years.

IF The Tea party officially becomes a party, Palin would run under them, and not with the GOP. She would carry lots of votes but not enough to win. Many people would recall what she did to get women in ofc, and people like me will recall she quit on her state. But if she did run, obama gets in, if not, the dnc will have to find someone else.

The DNC likes Palin running as a third party candidate even better

Palin gets the nod in my worste nightmare.

But "if not" obama, who would you like to see run in 2012?
Mike Gravel.

Dennis Kucinich.

Alan Grayson.

Sheldon Whitehouse.

Anthony Weiner.

When the GOP does nothing but gridlock and try to impeach Obama for two years, Obama will certainly be reelected in 2012.

I actually agree with part of what you are saying.

We are guaranteed to have gridlock as Obama will simply Veto anything the Republicans try and do, so I don't think the Grid Lock will be an issue.

But if Republicans make any moves to impeach Obama, it will back fire. I certainly hope they do not.

Cenk Uygur for President, Alan Grayson for Vice President!
0.jpg

Haha, no really.. Obama will run again in '12, he'll win again. I've yet to see one poll where he loses to a GOP candidate. Just because his approval rating isn't sky high, doesn't mean anything. Everything's about choice.. and when faced with the choice of Sarah Palin or Barack Obama.. HAHA! It's a no-brainer. And every poll I've seen, the American public agrees.

That's the 2nd mention of Grayson. never heard of Uygur.

oh, I'm 75% certain obama will run again. It's 2 years away. If the gop pulls him to the right, like clinton, he's in, if not and he stays way out there, he's out.

Cenk Uygur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheYoungTurks?feature=chclk

Cenk's the man! I rarely watch TV anymore for news.. Mostly watch TYT every night. If we had a straight-shooter like that in the White House, things would be different. But someone like him would never stand a chance.. Because they wouldn't accept corporate money - the only way to get elected.
Go Cenk.

When was the last time a sitting president ran opposed by his party for his second term nomination?

Cenk Uygur for President, Alan Grayson for Vice President!
0.jpg

Haha, no really.. Obama will run again in '12, he'll win again. I've yet to see one poll where he loses to a GOP candidate. Just because his approval rating isn't sky high, doesn't mean anything. Everything's about choice.. and when faced with the choice of Sarah Palin or Barack Obama.. HAHA! It's a no-brainer. And every poll I've seen, the American public agrees.

There's something about Grayson that makes me want to punch the smug off his face.

When was the last time a sitting president ran opposed by his party for his second term nomination?

It has happened several times that there will be a serious challenge in the Primary, occasionally the challenger will go on to run as an IND in the General Election. I can not think of a time (though it may have happened) that a sitting president failed to win Nomination and had to run as an IND himself.

Not recently. The last major challenge in the primaries was 76 when Ford kicked Reagan's butt for the termerity of challenging a sitting president.

When the GOP does nothing but gridlock and try to impeach Obama for two years, Obama will certainly be reelected in 2012.
Obama will be the cause of gridlock which will surely occur because Obama's ego and his legacy will get in the way.
There will be no impeachment of Obama because he hasn't done anything to warrant impeachment.
Obama will not be nominated IF, the economy does not improve....That is if Obama decides to stonewall with the veto. If GOP measures that Obama approves of do not work, Obama will be nominated. If he decides to run.
Do not think for a second the country will not be paying attention to how many times Obama decides to deny action on the people's business.
His healthcare plan is going to be changed or dumped. The people that vote GOP House members are going to expect it. If Obama vetos changes to/repeal of the unwanted Law, the country will be very angry with Obama. He really has no choice. If the legislation hits his desk he will have to sign it or he can let it sit for 10 business days while Congress is in session and it becomes Law all by itself.

Obama may have low approval ratings, but the GOP has no one right now that can beat him.
Plus, the right under estimates how well Obama can campaign. If the republicans take over the house, Obama will for sure be re elected.
If he decides to run, Bobby Jindal will become the first US President of East Indian heritage.

The right is terrified of Obama, that is clear. Or they wouldn't keep bringing up the 2012 election scenario without him.
Terrified?!!!!!! Yeah. Look at the damage he's done already. Increased the deficit by 60% to $13 trillion....That's about 80% of the entire net worth of the country.
Yeah, we're terrified at what he might do TO us next.
Obama has singlehandedly stopped business from expanding and new businesses from opening.

O is a one termer. McCain would have been a one termer also had he been elected. O has caused his own party to go down in flames over healthcare and stimulus. Had he focused on the economy instead of worthless legislation that will only further our decline his party wouldn't be in such ruin right now. He just may have set his party back a whole generation. Until the progressives and radicals are kicked out, they'll be in freefall.

Listen to the loons above croak their litany of doom.

Let's unscramble their inanity with common sense.

A gridlock will occur if Obama and the Senate cannot reach agreement with a House dominated by a small majority of the radical right. So, no, the House cannot well represent the will of the people, only that of a fraction that stampeded some of the primaries.

Obama will be renominated, barring death or incapacity, regardless if the economy improves or not. If it does not, the Dems are going to campaign against the Bush policies until it does.

The American people will pay attention to a struggle between the President and the House. Newt tried that, and the American people kicked him in the ass and got rid of him. As a result of the impeachment, several GOP senators were defeated that fall. The radical right should be very cautious about walking that same trail.

The health care plan will not be repealed, replaced, or even really reformed. The majority of the people want some form of the bill; only a minority want it gone. If spoon believes differently, he is out of touch with how most Americans think.

The Dems led by BHO are eagerly waiting to have a House that does nothing so that the GOP can be blamed for everything.

Last edited:
Obama's low ratings are the direct result of his unwillingness to step on the toes of those who could hurt him when he leaves office. If he continues with this self-interest-based soft-pedaling it will be best for the left to put someone else up in 2012, someone who has already thrown down the gauntlet, someone who is known for his aggressive, uncompromising attitude, someone who is old enough to not be concerned about his future after leaving Office.

That brings Mike Gravel to mind. He is the diametric opposite of Obama. He's a cranky old fart who is pissed off at the corrupt phonies in the House and the Senate and he will go to war with them -- which is exactly what is needed and he knows where a lot of bodies are buried.
Another DICK Cheney....yeah, that's what we need.

:rolleyes:

New Topics

Forum List

Back