Who will be the DNC's choice to run for Pres in 2012?

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
I know it's early and a lot can happen and/or change.

But if the general mood twards progs stays the same, Obama is not a valid choice. When near zero Dems are running on what they have done to help obama now, and are still expected to lose big, they will have to run against him if they have any hope in 2012. IF things continue as they are.

There are a lot of factors to consider. Will a conservative majority pull obama to the right? Will the Tea Party fever pitch fade? etc...

But lets assume obama is out.

Do the dems sacrifice him and prep for 2016? Or who will get the nod?

When the GOP does nothing but gridlock and try to impeach Obama for two years, Obama will certainly be reelected in 2012.

Obama may have low approval ratings, but the GOP has no one right now that can beat him.
Plus, the right under estimates how well Obama can campaign. If the republicans take over the house, Obama will for sure be re elected.

Obama may have low approval ratings, but the GOP has no one right now that can beat him.
Plus, the right under estimates how well Obama can campaign. If the republicans take over the house, Obama will for sure be re elected.

How well is Obama campaigning now?

State by state elections is a little different. ;)

Mitt Romney nor Palin can beat him today, and in two years if the GOP wins the house, there is no way either one of them will beat him then. Who else do they have?
If the GOP wants to beat Obama they can not go in the direction they are going in. I do not see a total tranformation, especially with the Tea Party taking over the GOP.

I will also add Clinton was re elected in 96', after the republicans took back congress.

The right is terrified of Obama, that is clear. Or they wouldn't keep bringing up the 2012 election scenario without him.

My understanding is that the DNC definitely wants Sarah Palin to run in 2012

All their problems will be solved

I wonder if the Dems said the same thing about Reagan and the GOP at his first mid term?

When the GOP does nothing but gridlock and try to impeach Obama for two years, Obama will certainly be reelected in 2012.

When there is gridlock, things can't get worse.

uh

What we be the grounds for impeachment?

Unless someone finds something important and not rhettoric there won't be an impeachment.

uh

Unless someone finds something important and not rhettoric there won't be an impeachment.

I think doggie was wearing his "looney leftist hat" when he typed that... The thing seems glued to his head lately...

They kept Bush under wraps for 2 years.

IF The Tea party officially becomes a party, Palin would run under them, and not with the GOP. She would carry lots of votes but not enough to win. Many people would recall what she did to get women in ofc, and people like me will recall she quit on her state. But if she did run, obama gets in, if not, the dnc will have to find someone else.

uh

I think doggie was wearing his "looney leftist hat" when he typed that... The thing seems glued to his head lately...

They forget thier rabid need to impeach Bush for any perceived slight.

Doesn't matter, no politician will try to press charges against another. None of them are "not guilty".

They kept Bush under wraps for 2 years.

IF The Tea party officially becomes a party, Palin would run under them, and not with the GOP. She would carry lots of votes but not enough to win. Many people would recall what she did to get women in ofc, and people like me will recall she quit on her state. But if she did run, obama gets in, if not, the dnc will have to find someone else.

Oh, Palin intends to leverage the Tea Party to overthrow the current GOP leadership.

No third party.

Reagan did the same thing in the 70s.

New Topics

Forum List

Back