Who should save his sight?

Lie in what? He can get insurance, he can arrange for a payment schedule, he's been paying his own way for years.

He can damn well sell his house or get a second mortgage.
It was his decision not to get insurance...so tough shit for him.
Not sure I can be any clearer.

He worked as a handyman so how likely is it that he owns the house outright? But yes, a second mortgage. His wife could work or, as I said earlier in the thread, if they didn't need her income to live on, why didn't they dedicate her pay to investments and ins?

Doesn't matter, he was taking care of medical expenses prior to this.

OR he could set up a payment plan with the hospital and doctor.

He can get insurance on the individual market.

We all agree that he will take care of his medical expenses.

What was the point of the op anyway?

Oh right, he's a Republican.

:rolleyes:

The OP asked who should be responsible...I gave my opinion.
I'm all about personal responsibility. In ALL things.

OP makes everything political and likes to bash Republicans.

The article stated he's a Republican - go whine to them.

And no, he was not paying for his medical expenses. So far, his Go Fund Me scam is enough to pay the debt he's already run up.

Now were he a BLACK DEMOCRAT Little Luddie would be rushing to his aid.

Wouldn't he?

Now what in hell the guy might do with a scooter and tricycle is of no importance - it's the gesture that matters to liberals.

Now were he a BLACK DEMOCRAT Little Luddie would be rushing to his aid.

Wouldn't he?

Now what in hell the guy might do with a scooter and tricycle is of no importance - it's the gesture that matters to liberals.

I have little patience for anyone who refuses to take responsibility for their own life, runs up medical bills, purposely makes his own health worse, blames others for his own decisions and then expects others to bail him out.

If he had not done all that, sure - I would be willing to help him.

Don't like it?

Sit on it and spin.

omg-it-spins.jpg

What kind of a dumb shit does not buy health insurance?

This guy now has two choices:

Get the procedure he needs and pay for it out of pocket or, go blind and save himself some money.

The article stated he's a Republican - go whine to them.

And no, he was not paying for his medical expenses. So far, his Go Fund Me scam is enough to pay the debt he's already run up.

Moronic liar lies.

From the article in your op:

"But he has never bought insurance. Instead, he says, he prided himself on paying his own medical bills."

He WAS paying for his own medical expenses.

What kind of a dumb shit does not buy health insurance?

This guy now has two choices:

Get the procedure he needs and pay for it out of pocket or, go blind and save himself some money.

He can get the medical attention he needs and set up a payment plan with the hospital and doctor.

I have little patience for anyone who refuses to take responsibility for their own life, runs up medical bills, purposely makes his own health worse, blames others for his own decisions and then expects others to bail him out.

If he had not done all that, sure - I would be willing to help him.

Translation:

He's a Republican and Widdle Wuddie wont' even give him a ride on his/her/its tricycle!

Can't Obama raise the money at some Golf Scramble or something.

Leweman

Yeah, cuz its all Obama's fault the guy chose to buy a $300K house, Obama's fault the wife didn't work to save, invest and pay for his own health care insurance. And its definitely Obama's fault he didn't follow doctors' orders and continues to smoke even though he's losing his eyesight to diabetes.

(WHY would a diabetic smoke? )

The guy said he takes pride in paying his own health care bills but is begging for money on Go Fund Me. It it were me, I would do almost anything rather than give my beautiful home but I would not beg and I would not willingly endanger my eyesight.

Considering his health and his finances, how is going to hold on to that house anyway?

A lot of people do everything right, take responsibility and through no fault of their own, fall on hard times and lose all their resources. That just doesn't seem to be the case with this guy. Those who see his situation differently are more than welcome to send him money.

He KNEW he had diabetes, which is a chronic condition and he was 'inconsistent' in taking care of it, then he refused to get medical insurance for political/ideological reasons - to his own detriment. Now, he's suffering the consequences. His doctor has been more than generous in providing care to him, but his current situation is nobody's fault but HIS OWN. It's called personal responsibility. Teabaggers talk a good game, but when it comes to their own responsibilities, they'd rather find someone to blame than accept the consequences of their own actions.
i agree....anyone with type-1or 2 diabetes and can afford ins and does not get medical ins....is a fucking fool.....

Would it be too outlandish to suggest that that's THEIR decision to make, and not yours to make for them?

I kinda think HE should be the one to save his sight, since HE'S the one who's going to use it, or wish he could use it.

And yet he and his wife chose to go public and whine and blame the president , At 300,00 a year he wouldn't have qualified for subsides anyway , notice in the article he didn't have much savings to begin with (He ran up $9,000 in bills and exhausted his savings.). He chose not to buy any medical insurance , and I bet he never had any to begin with years earlier.

And?

practical people might sell their 300 thousand dollar home and other property to pay their bill then rent an apartment or move in with family . Check out charity med services , see American doctors inside Americas borders , start a 'go fund me campaign' !!

Sure. He could opt to be homeless, give up everything he's worked for his whole life and hope to get enough out of the sale to pay the expenses plus some to live on for a while.

And yes, he could do as that freeloader RW fundie bunch did and start a Go Fund Me. He should be able to get Medicaid but its S Carolina. Yes, he could beg for charity.They get the taxpayers to take care of them but he screwed up. That's what RWs do but if you read the article, you know they won't help him.

He smokes and found enough money to buy his home but doesn't follow doctor's orders for his diabetes.

"Lang, a Republican, says he knew the act required him to get coverage but he chose not to do so. But he thought help would be available in an emergency."
Read more here: Who should save sight of S.C. man who can t afford surgery The Charlotte Observer The Charlotte Observer

One in my household just had cataract surgery in both eyes. We have excellent insurance but even so, the out of pocket was substantial. We planned and saved for just such expenses though. Otherwise, we might have found ourselves in his situation.

We have a family member who recently had a heart attack, is brittle diabetic, heavy smoker, owns her home and is facing a similar problem.

Up until about a year and a half ago, we gave her and another family member money. They're bottomless pits though. They vote against their own best interests (R) and then have their hand out.

But the last part of that article is true.

"... can be easy to defend in an intellectual debate and hard to hold onto when you’re face-to-face with someone who’s going to die – or go blind – when they could be saved."

I don't find this to be an easy dilemma at all.

No dilemma - he made his decision, and he needs to live with the result.

Do you need me to call him and tell him? Apparently, nobody else has the balls.

Would it be too outlandish to suggest that that's THEIR decision to make, and not yours to make for them?

I kinda think HE should be the one to save his sight, since HE'S the one who's going to use it, or wish he could use it.

Cecilie1200

Where did I say it was my decision to make? Or anyone's but theirs?

I didn't.

:rolleyes:

Hey, pusbag, see if you can maintain your attention span for just a couple of seconds for the sake of continuity, would you please?

You asked a question and I answered it. Getting your panties all in a ruffle about ""Where did I say" because you got an answer to your question makes even less sense than your posts usually do.

That's a pretty stupid thing to say.

Instead of your usual trolling, why don't you post on topic?

That WAS on-topic, pusbag. You asked, "Who should save his sight?" Dblack said you should do it.

If getting an answer is going to make you forget you asked the question, maybe you shouldn't ask any more questions.

He KNEW he had diabetes, which is a chronic condition and he was 'inconsistent' in taking care of it, then he refused to get medical insurance for political/ideological reasons - to his own detriment. Now, he's suffering the consequences. His doctor has been more than generous in providing care to him, but his current situation is nobody's fault but HIS OWN. It's called personal responsibility. Teabaggers talk a good game, but when it comes to their own responsibilities, they'd rather find someone to blame than accept the consequences of their own actions.

Leaving your fascination with juvenile sex jokes aside, how do you know he's affiliated with the Tea Party?

Your hypocrisy on the subject of personal responsibility is hilarious, by the way.

You should, Luddly. Get right on that.

dblack

I should what?

You should save his sight. What are you waiting for?

You asked a pretty stupid question. What do you expect?

Because the topic IS the usual trolling.

No, the topic is the article I posted.

You can say I asked the question but in fact, that's the title of the article. The article asks a valid question and this is a very real problem for Americans. People have lost everything they own, gone bankrupt, over medical bills. To say I should pay his bills is trolling and stupid.

No, the topic is your question about the article: Who should save his sight?

Again, if getting answers to your questions is going to freak you out so much, maybe you shouldn't ask.

dblack

I should what?

You can say I asked the question but in fact, that's the title of the article. The article asks a valid question and this is a very real problem for Americans. People have lost everything they own, gone bankrupt, over medical bills. To say I should pay his bills is trolling and stupid.

Heh... alright. Fair enough. It wasn't your question. But it's dumb question regardless. Or rather, the assumption implied by the question is dumb - namely that someone other than Luis Lang should pay Luis Lang's health care bills.

Pusbag is prevaricating. He typed it in as the title of HIS thread, so that makes it HIS question. No one forced him to use that title.

Lang should take responsibility for his own eyesight, and Pusbag should take responsibility for his own thread title.

Heh... alright. Fair enough. It wasn't your question. But it's dumb question regardless. Or rather, the assumption implied by the question is dumb - namely that someone other than Luis Lang should pay Luis Lang's health care bills.

Pusbag is prevaricating. He typed it in as the title of HIS thread, so that makes it HIS question. No one forced him to use that title.

Lang should take responsibility for his own eyesight, and Pusbag should take responsibility for his own thread title.

I don't know why you have such a childish potty mouth but -

Look at the title of the article.

That's what I titled the thread because that's what the article is called and its the question the article asked.

Forum List

Back