Who should save his sight?

He can sign up for individual insurance and the surgery will be covered. If he can not get an exception to sign up now he can have the surgery and set up an installment payment plan, hospitals will work with you to do this. He can then sign up for insurance during open enrollment and see if his prior surgery bill will be picked up by insurance. Don't know if they will or not, it's a pre-existing condition.

Faced with blindness, I'm get dual-citizenship wherever my treatment would be either free, or affordable.

People always portray these things like staying in this pos country is the only option. Isn't DPRK ya know. Want afforable medical care got a whole planet to choose from.

I watched a documentary about a state-of the-art hosp in Thailand where Americans go for affordable surgery. It really was pennies on the dollar but of course and it showed beautiful housing for the patient and family, also very cheap. Apparently, even with travel expenses, it was very affordable.

i looked into doing hubbys knees in thailand would have ran about 40 to 50 k with living expenses etc
but there is no mal practice and if they fuck you up....you are just fucked up

And yet he and his wife chose to go public and whine and blame the president , At 300,00 a year he wouldn't have qualified for subsides anyway , notice in the article he didn't have much savings to begin with (He ran up $9,000 in bills and exhausted his savings.). He chose not to buy any medical insurance , and I bet he never had any to begin with years earlier.

$30K a year isn't very much these days but you're right that he would not have qualified for subsidies. And yes, he ran up the bills.

It didn't say he made $300,000 a year....it was his house that cost $300,000. But whatever, he had to make good money to be able to buy a house like that.

Actually, I blame the president too. It doesn't matter that he made good money...the cost of Obamacare for people that get no subsidies is huge. I have yet to hear of ONE family that has saved $25,000/yr on their insurance as Obama said would happen.

No. At $30K a year income, he could not afford to buy a $300K house.

I suspect he bought it for a lot less, he added improvements and it appreciated. That IS what he did for a living so not unreasonable to think he would do the same for his own home. Or maybe he let others take care of that for him too.

Plenty of people are saving money on their insurance, including me. But Repubs aren't responsible for their own lives and everything is Obama's fault.

I have NO idea where you got that he only made $30,000. Show me...I read the entire article, I even checked the links in it. It says he did well enough that his wife didn't have to work, and he's paying on a $300,000 home.

My mistake on the pay but its ridiculous that you say you blame the president.

Well...it is him & the Dems that pushed this piece of sh*t down our throats & lied about it all the way through. So ya...I blame him.

You really think that if only ObamaCare didn't exist, he would have been able to pay for his treatment?

Suddenly ACA is to blame for the abysmal health care situation that has existed in the US since WWII?

Really?

Surely you know how ridiculous that is.

I didn't say he'd be able to afford insurance if it weren't for Obamacare...he probably could afford it anyway if he made such good money, he made a bad choice. But MANY have no insurance because they have mortgages, college, utilities, car payments, car insurance, food, clothing..etc...and do not have extra to have to pay hundreds for health insurance. If I had lost my insurance through my employer and had to purchase Obamacare, our premiums would have been over $800 a month for my husband and I, and that was for a plan that isn't even as good as what I have. We make around $70,000/yr so we'd get no subsidy. I would have had no insurance. It's like everything has flip flopped....it's now the poor that are insured (because most pay little or nothing) and the middleclass has lost. I noticed many are no longer calling it the AFFORDABLE Care Act....it's far from affordable!

$30K a year isn't very much these days but you're right that he would not have qualified for subsidies. And yes, he ran up the bills.

I suspect he bought it for a lot less, he added improvements and it appreciated. That IS what he did for a living so not unreasonable to think he would do the same for his own home. Or maybe he let others take care of that for him too.

Plenty of people are saving money on their insurance, including me. But Repubs aren't responsible for their own lives and everything is Obama's fault.

I have NO idea where you got that he only made $30,000. Show me...I read the entire article, I even checked the links in it. It says he did well enough that his wife didn't have to work, and he's paying on a $300,000 home.

Well...it is him & the Dems that pushed this piece of sh*t down our throats & lied about it all the way through. So ya...I blame him.

You really think that if only ObamaCare didn't exist, he would have been able to pay for his treatment?

Suddenly ACA is to blame for the abysmal health care situation that has existed in the US since WWII?

Really?

I didn't say he'd be able to afford insurance if it weren't for Obamacare...he probably could afford it anyway if he made such good money, he made a bad choice. But MANY have no insurance because they have mortgages, college, utilities, car payments, car insurance, food, clothing..etc...and do not have extra to have to pay hundreds for health insurance. If I had lost my insurance through my employer and had to purchase Obamacare, our premiums would have been over $800 a month for my husband and I, and that was for a plan that isn't even as good as what I have. We make around $70,000/yr so we'd get no subsidy. I would have had no insurance. It's like everything has flip flopped....it's now the poor that are insured (because most pay little or nothing) and the middleclass has lost. I noticed many are no longer calling it the AFFORDABLE Care Act....it's far from affordable!

He said he blames Obama and you wrote "... I blame the president too."

And yet he and his wife chose to go public and whine and blame the president , At 300,00 a year he wouldn't have qualified for subsides anyway , notice in the article he didn't have much savings to begin with (He ran up $9,000 in bills and exhausted his savings.). He chose not to buy any medical insurance , and I bet he never had any to begin with years earlier.

It didn't say he made $300,000 a year....it was his house that cost $300,000. But whatever, he had to make good money to be able to buy a house like that.

Actually, I blame the president too. It doesn't matter that he made good money...the cost of Obamacare for people that get no subsidies is huge. I have yet to hear of ONE family that has saved $25,000/yr on their insurance as Obama said would happen.

Really?

The unaca has made it worse. It is going to implode, the costs keeps climbing and people cannot afford it.

Really?

He said he blames Obama and you wrote "... I blame the president too."

obutthead pushed for the unaca, yes he is responsible for the pile of shit he shat.

You say you 'made no reference to his race or color'.

You did not say this?

It appears he may be white so many avenues for assistance may not be available to him.

You should tell the mods that someone is posting under your name.

Damn.

I just lost a bet I had that you'd be too lazy to even scroll through a thread!

I'm impressed!

You
say you 'made no reference to his race or color'.

Are you saying that you did not write this?

It appears he may be white so many avenues for assistance may not be available to him.

So who wrote it?

:eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

He can sign up for individual insurance and the surgery will be covered. If he can not get an exception to sign up now he can have the surgery and set up an installment payment plan, hospitals will work with you to do this. He can then sign up for insurance during open enrollment and see if his prior surgery bill will be picked up by insurance. Don't know if they will or not, it's a pre-existing condition.

It not just surgery but after care and medications and doctors visits

Needless to say, if S. Carolina had not rejected Medicaid, he would be able to get coverage. IOW, ObamaCare would work for him.

we did the math okay hubby did the math.....even with the lower deductables by the time you paid the higher monthly and then all the plans have co payments etc

It not just surgery but after care and medications and doctors visits

And? He can negotiate a payment plan and sign up for insurance during open enrollment, he won't be denied coverage.

Needless to say, if S. Carolina had not rejected Medicaid, he would be able to get coverage. IOW, ObamaCare would work for him.

Why are you implying that the only coverage he can get is through the unaca exchanges? He can call up Aetna or BC or whoever and get coverage. They won't deny him. Until he gets insurance he can negotiate a payment plan, the hospital will work with him.

Lang decided to save money by self-insuring. That was his decision; and now, the responsibility for PAYING for his health care is his own. If a surgeon wishes to donate his time to do the surgery, fine, but otherwise, Lang should pay.

Those of use who have paid our insurance premiums over the years should not have to Bail Him Out.

You should, Luddly. Get right on that.

dblack

I should what?

You should save his sight. What are you waiting for?

That's a pretty stupid thing to say.

You asked a pretty stupid question. What do you expect?

Instead of your usual trolling, why don't you post on topic?

Because the topic IS the usual trolling.

No, the topic is the article I posted.

You can say I asked the question but in fact, that's the title of the article. The article asks a valid question and this is a very real problem for Americans. People have lost everything they own, gone bankrupt, over medical bills. To say I should pay his bills is trolling and stupid.

Heh... alright. Fair enough. It wasn't your question. But it's dumb question regardless. Or rather, the assumption implied by the question is dumb - namely that someone other than Luis Lang should pay Luis Lang's health care bills.

Posting this again. A relative had an individual catastrophic plan that they used for their needs, used it for hospitalization as well, that cost them $160/month. unaca passed, their plan disappeared because it didn't meet the mandatory benefits that must be included. Their plan was, and is, and individual plan from BC. The new post-unaca plan was $525. This year it went to $650. Six hundred and fifty dollars PER MONTH for a plan that includes coverage they do not need/want/will ever use.

Prior to this pos law, individual insurance was deemed 'too expensive'. Someone explain to me how now, with a FOUR HUNDRED PERCENT increase, it's better. That's it's affordable.

It. Is. a. Crock. of. Shit.

There is no reason he can't have the surgery, he can negotiate a payment plan with the hospital. They will work with him.

SC man on road to sight-saving surgery as liberal money rolls in

The Fort Mill, S.C., Republican who went public Tuesday with his plea for help paying for sight-saving surgery had raised almost $8,500 by Wednesday morning – most of it from self-described liberals and Affordable Care Act supporters saying they hope he’s learned a lesson.

The story of Luis Lang, a self-employed handyman who declined to get health insurance until he needed expensive surgery for diabetes-related eye problems, went viral, spurring blogs and comments, national media commentary, thousands of social media shares and vigorous discussions across the country.

His GoFundMe.com page has been shared on social media more than 1,300 times since Tuesday morning – most of it apparently by people making small donations that come with political commentary

“No one should be without medical (care) even if they have not made their own best choices in life,” wrote Steve Kadel, who gave $10 Wednesday morning. “The party of personal responsibility (has) left you hanging on your own consequences. Progressives like me think that’s just cruel. Be well.”

Read more here: SC man on road to sight-saving surgery as liberal money rolls in The Charlotte Observer The Charlotte Observer

As usual, liberal bail out lazy, irresponsible RWs.

Ah, poor Luddie. Just unable to admit that your limited reading comprehension keeps you from gainful employment.

First I'll remind you of my response:

"Damn.

I just lost a bet I had that you'd be too lazy to even scroll through a thread!

I'm impressed!"

Now I'll try to simplify it though I can't guarantee the use of no words with more than two syllables. If you're still having difficulty then please ask a responsible adult to sound the words out for you.

Of course I wrote the line about his skin colour. I felt you'd be too lazy to scroll through the whole thread to find a nit to pick. I did bet on your sloth but, you little rascal, you (perhaps for the first time in your life?) did not rely upon others to do your work.

Indeed I was impressed but only for a short time.

Forum List

Back