Who should save sight of SC man who can’t afford surgery? Read more here: http://www.charlotteobser

boilermaker55

Gold Member
Aug 12, 2011
If this does not show the hypocrisy of some on the right and their vehement hatred of this administration and how they use the system. This in one incredible story for someone that tried to pride themselves on the notion..I am a self-responsible person until!!!!!!!!! their little world falls apart.
Read and make up you own mind. Mine is made up for this guy.
Who should save sight of SC man who can t afford surgery The Charlotte Observer The Charlotte Observer

"Lang is a self-employed handyman who works with banks and the federal government on maintaining foreclosed properties. He has done well enough that his wife, Mary, hasn’t had to work. They live in a 3,300-square-foot home in the Legacy Park subdivision valued at more than $300,000.

But he has never bought insurance. Instead, he says, he prided himself on paying his own medical bills.

That worked while he and his wife were relatively healthy. But after 10 days of an unrelenting headache, Lang went to the emergency room on Feb. 25. He says he was told he’d suffered several ministrokes. He ran up $9,000 in bills and exhausted his savings. Meanwhile, his vision worsened, and he can’t work, he says."
Lang, a Republican, says he knew the act required him to get coverage, but he chose not to do so. But he thought help would be available in an emergency. He and his wife blame President Barack Obama and congressional Democrats for passing a complex and flawed bill.

“(My husband) should be at the front of the line, because he doesn’t work and because he has medical issues,” Mary Lang said last week. “We call it the Not Fair Health Care Act.”

Anyone who’s remotely familiar with insurance knows there’s no system that lets people skip payments while they’re healthy and cash in when they get sick. Public systems tax everyone. Private ones rely on the premiums of the well to cover the costs of those who are ailing.

This shows not thinking something through.

Maybe the RWnuts should have taken the 800 grand they donated to the homophobe pizza crackers and donated it instead to a cause like this.

Which means?

You can't see it for yourself? That the guy lives in a $300K house, and supposedly makes enough money that his wife doesn't have to work, yet his entire life savings is only $9,000 doesn't tell you anything? This guy brought his problems on himself. He is nothing but an irresponsible louse who has wasted his time living larger than his means, and now it's come back to bite him in the ass.

How true. My thoughts exactly. But I was wondering where you were coming from.
Thank you.

Which means?

You can't see it for yourself? That the guy lives in a $300K house, and supposedly makes enough money that his wife doesn't have to work, yet his entire life savings is only $9,000 doesn't tell you anything? This guy brought his problems on himself. He is nothing but an irresponsible louse who has wasted his time living larger than his means, and now it's come back to bite him in the ass.

Again, facts escape the right wing!
Sorry you don't read articles and then find others to dispute your claim.
See how your side works. Then deny, deny......DENY!!

Try reading the article first.
You don't see the hypocrisy in right wing theory and their ability to think something through.
Thanks.

So he should sign up now, it covers preexisting conditions...no?
Sounds like a bullshit story to further the liberal lie. Please.

Interesting story to me, boilermaker, if only because I preferred allowing people to get into this predicament rather than the hard mandate of Obamacare. I suppose that makes me right wing, at least on this issue. Personal responsibility is supposedly a conservative virtue, and showing the public at large of the effect of not getting insurance, when the govt helps make it affordable for all, would be more conservative than just letting people not pay medical bills, or like this guy, who will qualify for Medicaid if he goes blind, and feed off the gummit tit.

In any other developed country He'd have state provided coverage and this whole discussion wouldn't be necessary.

It seems that some think he should go blind because he has a $300K house. BFD. In most towns in my part of the state it's hard to find a house under $300K.

I do think he was a dumb ass for not getting insurance. But then when I was young I thought I was bullet proof. I guess he did too.

I'm still waiting for the left to tell us where we are going to get all the money it would take to give everyone everything they want and need, well?

So, with that conclusion, understanding the fact that some individuals do become afflicted with some severe medical condition, they are on their own?
Does compassion, and that is stated in a serious manner, not come into the scenario.
Then as a society, with so-called christian values,(another right wing philosophy). what happens to those individuals.
In this specific case, he choose to refute the idea that at some point he made need help. But now he wants that help and to have limited payment towards his taking the benefit.

Interesting story to me, boilermaker, if only because I preferred allowing people to get into this predicament rather than the hard mandate of Obamacare. I suppose that makes me right wing, at least on this issue. Personal responsibility is supposedly a conservative virtue, and showing the public at large of the effect of not getting insurance, when the govt helps make it affordable for all, would be more conservative than just letting people not pay medical bills, or like this guy, who will qualify for Medicaid if he goes blind, and feed off the gummit tit.

In any other developed country He'd have state provided coverage and this whole discussion wouldn't be necessary.

It seems that some think he should go blind because he has a $300K house. BFD. In most towns in my part of the state it's hard to find a house under $300K.

I do think he was a dumb ass for not getting insurance. But then when I was young I thought I was bullet proof. I guess he did too.
Ah, but in the UK or Canada, he'd be paying a hefty tax to be covered.

Forum List

Back