Who should get a tax cut? You vote.

If you were a Congressman/Senator how would you vote?

• Yes to extending ALL current taX rates

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • Yes to only extending middle-class tax rates (the wealthy didn't suffer)

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Yes to extending unemployment insurance

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • NO TO ALL EXTENSIONS, WE CAN'T AFFORD ANY TAX CUTS

Votes: 13 27.1%

• Total voters
I don't want any taxes. Get rid of all programs, the military, the IRS, and have representatives volunteer as a privilege to serve us. Let states take over individually.

They did that in Poland. For decades, it ceased to exist as a country.

If you have to borrow money to pay for cuts...nobody should get them

Cut spending first and then decide whether you have money left over to pay for tax cuts

I can go along with that. No tax cuts until we cut spending even though I think tax cuts do foster growth. But I'll agree with no tax cuts until there are spending cuts. Where would you like to start?

Department of Education would be an excellent start.

Cut spending first and then decide whether you have money left over to pay for tax cuts

I can go along with that. No tax cuts until we cut spending even though I think tax cuts do foster growth. But I'll agree with no tax cuts until there are spending cuts. Where would you like to start?

Not politically viable. Let's start with Defense.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/economy/141647-easy-ideas-for-reducing-the-military-budget.html

Congress has a few interesting choices coming up:

1. Extend the tax cuts for everyone?
2. Extend the tax cuts for the middle-class?
3. Bonus question: Extend unemployment benefits for the unemployed?

Take the poll.....oh BTW, any money you give you need to borrow from China and it gets added to the Debt...so you need to pay more interest on that borrowed money.....

Make those who havent been paying taxes pay taxes.

Yup thats a state issue.

How about we start by insisting that our congress critters pay the actual taxes that the rest of us do.

IF we must have taxes,....then And the corporations and rich. You manage that by eliminating all deductions and tax loopholes, so everybody pays, and by everybody, I mean from the top to the bottom.

Last edited:
Everyone should get tax cuts. Not keeping the current rate, but actual cuts.

And we should be cutting spending

Congress has a few interesting choices coming up:

1. Extend the tax cuts for everyone?
2. Extend the tax cuts for the middle-class?
3. Bonus question: Extend unemployment benefits for the unemployed?

Take the poll.....oh BTW, any money you give you need to borrow from China and it gets added to the Debt...so you need to pay more interest on that borrowed money.....

The problem is, and the Dems use it as their argument, is it is not a tax cut. It is the debate whether to keep the current tax rates or raise taxes. Raising taxes while still in the economic state we are in would be foolish.

I saw a bumper sticker tonight that read: "Torture is immoral".
All I could think of at that moment was, Tell it to the IRS.

it's simply NOT TRUE that 50% of this country's workers are not paying taxes to support this country.

about $200-$300 billion A YEAR of their surplus social security taxes collected from them is used in our budget each year to pay for what income taxes should be paying.

WHY people keep repeating that bull crud line about 50% not contributing in taxes, is beyond belief??????

it is just NOT TRUE.

it's simply NOT TRUE that 50% of this country's workers are not paying taxes to support this country.

about $200-$300 billion A YEAR of their surplus social security taxes collected from them is used in our budget each year to pay for what income taxes should be paying.

WHY people keep repeating that bull crud line about 50% not contributing in taxes, is beyond belief??????

it is just NOT TRUE.

I said federal income taxes. OASDI and Medicare taxes are separate. Do try to keep up.

it is just NOT TRUE.

They are speaking of income tax, ignoring all other forms of tax, like the 15% off the top of every dollar for social security, another 5-10% workmen's compensation, dependent on who and where. Sales tax, Property tax.

Every dollar spent is taxed, not one dollar escapes. eventually someone has to report that dollar, or spend the dollar on a taxable item.

10% tax on a dollar, only when it is spent, is the only fair tax, no city, local, property, death, capital gain's tax (again, someone buys stocks, spends a dollar, he is taxed) one time tax, no fees for immigration, no collecting of money by the government.

This ends all debates, everyone pays the same tax, when they spend money, the rich spend more, they get taxed more, the poor lose a job they never lose a house, they have no tax, they lose no house.

Make recession easy on the American people. No tax the liberals should scream, yet they are silent.

it is just NOT TRUE.

They are speaking of income tax, ignoring all other forms of tax, like the 15% off the top of every dollar for social security, another 5-10% workmen's compensation, dependent on who and where. Sales tax, Property tax.

Every dollar spent is taxed, not one dollar escapes. eventually someone has to report that dollar, or spend the dollar on a taxable item.

10% tax on a dollar, only when it is spent, is the only fair tax, no city, local, property, death, capital gain's tax (again, someone buys stocks, spends a dollar, he is taxed) one time tax, no fees for immigration, no collecting of money by the government.

This ends all debates, everyone pays the same tax, when they spend money, the rich spend more, they get taxed more, the poor lose a job they never lose a house, they have no tax, they lose no house.

Make recession easy on the American people. No tax the liberals should scream, yet they are silent.

Why would you think the rich spend more? They have one body to clothe, one meal to eat, one bed to lie in. Cept everything they spend, they get back in tax deductions.

it is just NOT TRUE.

Why would you think the rich spend more? They have one body to clothe, one meal to eat, one bed to lie in. Cept everything they spend, they get back in tax deductions.

What are you, a mental midget.

Ever shop at Armani, ever hear of Gucci.

Do you know the difference between a Sub Zero and a Maytag.

Tax deductions do not give everything back, further all people have to file personal tax returns, which deduction do you speak that allows the rich to not owe tax on federal income tax returns.

I would even settle for a link, but its obvious you know not that which you speak so I will accept your own explanation even if it lacks details.

Last edited:
Don't extend unemployment benefits, create WPA type jobs.

Pay for those by cutting wasteful spending on Empire building.

The Trillion dollars we're already pissed away in Irq and Afghanistan would have put a lot of people to work.

Not WPA jobs, they didn't really help generate future jobs, except maybe the TVA.

I prefer building a new Hi-Speed Rail system. China has a new 400 km/hr system. Start weaning off oil/gas.

How about I rewrite the tax burden?

Poor/Lower Middle Class = 0%
Everyone else = 5%

Okay, it's horrible isn't it? The poor people will be able to get out of poverty and hardship now and become middle class, unlike the current tax system which gives any surplus they make back to the government, keeping them poor. In a few years the welfare system could be closed down (as there won't really be any poor people anymore), and the remainder could be helped entirely by private charities instead.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back