Who should get a tax cut? You vote.

If you were a Congressman/Senator how would you vote?

• Yes to extending ALL current taX rates

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • Yes to only extending middle-class tax rates (the wealthy didn't suffer)

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Yes to extending unemployment insurance

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • NO TO ALL EXTENSIONS, WE CAN'T AFFORD ANY TAX CUTS

Votes: 13 27.1%

• Total voters
Maintain the current tax levels.
Cut spending across the board. Real cuts, not the reduce the rate of growth crap. 10% cuts per budget cycle would be a minimal start.

It would take 14 years to get to a balanced budget and another $8 trillion would be added to the 13 trillion national debt that exists making it around 21 trillion or more, if we only reduced our budget by 10% a year....and did not raise taxes. the annual interest payment on the national debt would rise to $700 BILLION a year, while we only collect with the current tax structure, about a trillion in income taxes in one year....leaving us with 300 billion to spend on national defense, which is running currently, in total, around $710 billion a year.....

and this would not even address trying to pay the debt that was caused in our lifetime, down.

We are in big trouble, big big big trouble.

And without CUTTING SPENDING DRASTICALLY, and raising taxes, and a heck of a good economy, we will never get out of this mess imho...
I only used ten percent as a starting place. I am all for cutting far more. Taking money out of the hands of productive folks to hand over to the state only serves to perpetuate the state.

Ummm...I like how the question was framed...lol....Tax cuts? You mean the taxes stay the same right? It would only be a tax increase, not a tax cut. Nice try at stirring up a little class warfare ;)

Congress has a few interesting choices coming up:

1. Extend the tax cuts for everyone?
2. Extend the tax cuts for the middle-class?
3. Bonus question: Extend unemployment benefits for the unemployed?

Take the poll.....oh BTW, any money you give you need to borrow from China and it gets added to the Debt...so you need to pay more interest on that borrowed money.....

Course we're not talking about a tax cut at all here. We're really talking about raising taxes or keeping them the same as they are.

Last edited:
i'm starting to think this tax-rate shit is a smokescreen. the elephant in the room for folks who pay massive amounts of tax is the ability to deduct the costs of earning a living and hiring folks to do so alongside them.

i would like to see expensibility of actual wages. that's my tax cut wish. you could raise my liability 5% if that's your thing, but give me back some of the tens and tens of thousands in american payroll i've cut this year.

With our crushing national debt and budgets deficits, as distasteful as it might be, the last thing we need to be talking about is tax cuts.

The party's over. Time to take some repsonsibility and grow up and pay the bill.

i'm starting to think this tax-rate shit is a smokescreen. the elephant in the room for folks who pay massive amounts of tax is the ability to deduct the costs of earning a living and hiring folks to do so alongside them.

i would like to see expensibility of actual wages. that's my tax cut wish. you could raise my liability 5% if that's your thing, but give me back some of the tens and tens of thousands in american payroll i've cut this year.

The rich don't pay taxes like we do.

The put everything in a S-type Corp or another corp and they pay themselves a salary out of it under the $250k level.

Small business owners are the one's getting screwed in this.

It's all academic anyway. Obama and the Dems intend on getting rid of many of our deductions outside of the Bush tax-cuts so we're all gonna get screwed.

The rich don't pay taxes like we do.

The put everything in a S-type Corp or another corp and they pay themselves a salary out of it under the $250k level.

Small business owners are the one's getting screwed in this.

It's all academic anyway. Obama and the Dems intend on getting rid of many of our deductions outside of the Bush tax-cuts so we're all gonna get screwed.

This has all been a game anyway, the people with the means to quit simply are doing that and that was the goal. There are plenty of retired lawyers out there willing to have the rest of us pay more because "it's the right thing to do." All to change the model and bring on the wealth tax with exceptions and the list has already been made.

it's simply NOT TRUE that 50% of this country's workers are not paying taxes to support this country.

about $200-$300 billion A YEAR of their surplus social security taxes collected from them is used in our budget each year to pay for what income taxes should be paying.

WHY people keep repeating that bull crud line about 50% not contributing in taxes, is beyond belief??????

it is just NOT TRUE.

What part of FEDERAL INCOME TAX do you not understand?

it's simply NOT TRUE that 50% of this country's workers are not paying taxes to support this country.

about $200-$300 billion A YEAR of their surplus social security taxes collected from them is used in our budget each year to pay for what income taxes should be paying.

WHY people keep repeating that bull crud line about 50% not contributing in taxes, is beyond belief??????

it is just NOT TRUE.

why aren't the most of them paying any income taxes willow? BECAUSE, after they minus out the standard deductions given....or after they take all of their LEGAL exemptions, THE SAME exemptions that you and near every individual income tax payer gets AS WELL, they are at zero, zero taxes are due.... YOU get the same deductions and exemptions as they do for the most part, and YOU do NOT pay any taxes on THAT PORTION of your income either!

DO you want to give up all of the deductions/exemptions from taxes on your income???

IF NOT, then what's your WHINE? What's your GRIPE?

What another moronic thread, who deserves a tax cut, as soon as you ask the question of yourself you have fallen into the liberal/chomsky linguistic psycho trick.

You cannot debate a canard, a false premise.

Not one citizen should be taxed as an individual, this was not in the constitution for a reason.

Americans deserve elimination of taxes, not a tax cut of one tax of the dozens we pay.

I went to the store and bought a few items,

Taxed on the bottle the water came in.
Taxed on my alcohol, the price which includes a hidden tax.
Taxed 8.5% on my non food items.
Taxed by the state for my gas
Taxed by the fed for that same gas
Taxed yearly for the car I drove to the store

Taxed 7.5% on each dollar paid to me, before I get it, to pay for Social Security,
Taxed 7.5% on each dollar paid to me when I get it, for Social Security
Taxed 33% on each dollar paid to me, taxed by the federal government
Taxed 20% on each dollar paid to me, taxed by california

Taxed for Medicare, small but still another tax
Taxed for Calmed, california medical insurance
Taxed for Unemployment

Taxed on my home, as much as or more than 10% on the dollar I make.
Taxed using the phone.

Even though each dollar I receive has been taxed multiple times when I get, and after I gather the change to make another dollar, that dollar made up of my change is taxed again the same way, when a rich person who owns McDonalds sells me a hamburger

Who deserves a tax cut, not the person who started this thread,

Who deserves a tax cut, not those who think those who make more should pay more tax than they.

Nobody deserves a tax cut, we deserve all taxes and fees or anything else they decide to call taxation to be eliminated.

And this is not, "deserve", its a right defined in the constitution, I have a right not to be taxed.

it is just NOT TRUE.

why aren't the most of them paying any income taxes willow? BECAUSE, after they minus out the standard deductions given....or after they take all of their LEGAL exemptions, THE SAME exemptions that you and near every individual income tax payer gets AS WELL, they are at zero, zero taxes are due.... YOU get the same deductions and exemptions as they do for the most part, and YOU do NOT pay any taxes on THAT PORTION of your income either!

DO you want to give up all of the deductions/exemptions from taxes on your income???

IF NOT, then what's your WHINE? What's your GRIPE?

You really should look into AMT. I've been giving up deductions for a long time.

Talking about taxation theoretically really doesn't help us understand the problem.

We have outstanding bills, and we have ongoing bills to pay.

Current tax revenues does not pay today's bills, and contrary to the current mythology, cutting taxes hasn't increased revenues, either.

We either cut spending and/or raise taxes, Or we can continue borrowing to cover our annual deficits.

Those are our choices, folks. Those really are our only three choices.

In 2010 we had a $1.556 Trillion deficit.

If we want to talk about cutting spending, we need to find that amount to cut from the budget just to pay for the 2010 shortfall.

Okay, fiscal conservatives, tell us exactly what you'd cut to deal with just ourt 2010 $1.556 trillion deficit.

It would help your credibility if you included the amounts that would be cut, too.

Your goal is to cut 1,556 BILLION dollars from the ANNUAL budget.

If you believe that we ought to raise taxes, then your task is to decide WHO TO TAX to find that amount.

Good luck.

Last edited:
What another moronic thread, who deserves a tax cut, as soon as you ask the question of yourself you have fallen into the liberal/chomsky linguistic psycho trick.

You cannot debate a canard, a false premise.

Not one citizen should be taxed as an individual, this was not in the constitution for a reason.

Americans deserve elimination of taxes, not a tax cut of one tax of the dozens we pay.

I went to the store and bought a few items,

Taxed on the bottle the water came in.
Taxed on my alcohol, the price which includes a hidden tax.
Taxed 8.5% on my non food items.
Taxed by the state for my gas
Taxed by the fed for that same gas
Taxed yearly for the car I drove to the store

Taxed 7.5% on each dollar paid to me, before I get it, to pay for Social Security,
Taxed 7.5% on each dollar paid to me when I get it, for Social Security
Taxed 33% on each dollar paid to me, taxed by the federal government
Taxed 20% on each dollar paid to me, taxed by california

Taxed for Medicare, small but still another tax
Taxed for Calmed, california medical insurance
Taxed for Unemployment

Taxed on my home, as much as or more than 10% on the dollar I make.
Taxed using the phone.

Even though each dollar I receive has been taxed multiple times when I get, and after I gather the change to make another dollar, that dollar made up of my change is taxed again the same way, when a rich person who owns McDonalds sells me a hamburger

Who deserves a tax cut, not the person who started this thread,

Who deserves a tax cut, not those who think those who make more should pay more tax than they.

Nobody deserves a tax cut, we deserve all taxes and fees or anything else they decide to call taxation to be eliminated.

And this is not, "deserve", its a right defined in the constitution, I have a right not to be taxed.

I was leaning toward thinking like you but the fact is the Constitution does give Congress the right to tax us.

It's up to us to assure that we don't elect a Congress that only wants to raise them every chance they get.

Forum List

Back