Who should get a tax cut? You vote.

If you were a Congressman/Senator how would you vote?

• Yes to extending ALL current taX rates

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • Yes to only extending middle-class tax rates (the wealthy didn't suffer)

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Yes to extending unemployment insurance

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • NO TO ALL EXTENSIONS, WE CAN'T AFFORD ANY TAX CUTS

Votes: 13 27.1%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
Congress has a few interesting choices coming up:

1. Extend the tax cuts for everyone?
2. Extend the tax cuts for the middle-class?
3. Bonus question: Extend unemployment benefits for the unemployed?

Take the poll.....oh BTW, any money you give you need to borrow from China and it gets added to the Debt...so you need to pay more interest on that borrowed money.....

Cuts spending first, then worry about raising taxes.

I think Washington needs to tighten their belts first before they start giving us the shaft.

What he said. In absolute dollar terms, government spending has increased nearly 30% in three years. If we just rolled spending back to 2007 levels, we'd knock out 60% of the deficit in one fell swoop. The next steps would be to sunset programs and reform entitlements.

And, the economy would actually start growing.

If you have to borrow money to pay for cuts...nobody should get them

Cut spending first and then decide whether you have money left over to pay for tax cuts

I don't want any taxes. Get rid of all programs, the military, the IRS, and have representatives volunteer as a privilege to serve us. Let states take over individually.

Last edited:
We have a $14 trillion national debt.

Nobody should be even thinking about tax cuts until that's paid off.

ARRRGHH!!

Its a tie so far. NO TAX CUTS or ALL GET TAX CUTS

IMHO the all get tax cuts is insane. The bottom 75% of incomes pay nearly no income tax, so cutting their "taxes" is a "net-zero", sounds good but its a null set. Nada dollars. No money. Maybe a pizza or two (and they're happy)
Then the top 25% get a bonanza to move more jobs overseas.

I still like the no tax extension idea, I'd even throw in a 6-month extension of unemployment since those folks need help, if that gets the votes.

I'm all for cutting spending as well, I like the Deficit Commission ideas, "its something" as opposed to doing nothing.

Take the poll.....oh BTW, any money you give you need to borrow from China and it gets added to the Debt...so you need to pay more interest on that borrowed money.....
4. Cut government spending.
If you have to borrow money to pay for cuts...nobody should get them. Cut spending first and then decide whether you have money left over to pay for tax cuts
Cut government spending. Tax cuts don't cost the government anything because it's not their money in the first place. Stop being a slave to government!

Last edited:

Extend tax cuts for everyone. We need the money in the economy, not with the government...

If you have to borrow money to pay for cuts...nobody should get them

Cut spending first and then decide whether you have money left over to pay for tax cuts

I can go along with that. No tax cuts until we cut spending even though I think tax cuts do foster growth. But I'll agree with no tax cuts until there are spending cuts. Where would you like to start?

I don't want any taxes. Get rid of all programs, the military, the IRS, and have representatives volunteer as a privilege to serve us. Let states take over individually.

You're in the wrong party if you don't want any taxes - how the hell would you support all the damn spending for unnecessary programs. Being representatives was supposed to be a privilege to serve us in the first place. Hasn't worked out like that has it?

Forum List

Back