Who Should Be Able to Pray on the Temple Mount/Noble Sanctuary?

Who should be able to pray on the Temple Mount/Noble Sanctuary?

• Jews only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Muslims only

• Christians only

• All Abrahamic faiths, at all times

• All Abrahamic faiths, at separate times for each faith

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Everyone of any faith

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters
Oh, you bore me. Fine. Here's your answers:

Because it is.

Because its our holiest site -- the place where the Shechinah rests.

No. The Temple has only one place.

True, (as long as no one gets it in their mind to properly return it to its rightful owners).
My 7 year old could do better.

Its important, again, to think about where we SHOULD be heading in the future. What is the goal here?

Secondary question would be who should be in charge of ensuring safety and security on the holy site?

the Temple Mount is a jewish holy site. Jerusalem is not even mentioned in the koran.

so what do you think?

I think it is a stolen Jewish holy place. (But I still think we should share. And I think its G-d's intent that we should share.)

share what, though? a temple? the holy of holies? or a mosque?

We share the entire mount. We make it a place of peace and coexistence and holy prayer. (Yes, I'm naive and optimistic but you're asking what I want not what I think is possible).

The mosque and dome stay. We build the third temple at the site of the holy of Holies (which will conveniently NOT be where the mosque or dome stand).

Its important, again, to think about where we SHOULD be heading in the future. What is the goal here?

Secondary question would be who should be in charge of ensuring safety and security on the holy site?

the Temple Mount is a jewish holy site. Jerusalem is not even mentioned in the koran.

so what do you think?

I think it is a stolen Jewish holy place. (But I still think we should share. And I think its G-d's intent that we should share.)

We share the entire mount. We make it a place of peace and coexistence and holy prayer. (Yes, I'm naive and optimistic but you're asking what I want not what I think is possible).

The mosque and dome stay. We build the third temple at the site of the holy of Holies (which will conveniently NOT be where the mosque or dome stand).

there is no basis for what you are suggesting... nor would it be appreciated or respected.

Because it is.

True, (as long as no one gets it in their mind to properly return it to its rightful owners).

You should let your seven year old take over. I'm sure they would do better.

Because it is.

The fact that you won't answer four simple and important questions proves that you are a not only a disingenuous liar, but are also morally corrupt.

so what do you think?

there is no basis for what you are suggesting... nor would it be appreciated or respected.

By whom? And why not?

Because it is.

The fact that you won't answer four simple and important questions proves that you are a not only a disingenuous liar, but are also morally corrupt.

Answered. Answered honestly.

If you don't like my answers -- your problem.

Because it is.

Try again, one at a time for you.

1) Why do the Europeans continue to believe it is their holiest site?

Unless there is a reasonable answer to this simple question, everything else is moot.

Everyone for whom it is a holy site should be allowed to pray unmolested and without violence.

I have to admit,. Israel has shown it is able and willing to keep it safe, and keep open access.

Food for thought: Palestinians Protest Metal Detectors At Holy Site

It all comes down to interpretations. Whose holy site is this? Historians say that when the Muslim shrine the Dome of the Rock was built at this site in the seventh century, it was a way for Muslims to acknowledge that their faith was rooted in the older Jewish tradition of the holiness of the spot. Today, though, this shared tradition has become a source of division and, for many, a zero-sum game.

I have questions too.

Why do the Europeans continue to believe it is their holiest site?

Why do they even care?

Isn't it time for the Europeans, whose ancestors only converted to Judaism in the middle ages, to build their temple elsewhere?

The Muslim structures there have been there for centuries and certainly aren't going anywhere.

If most palestinian muslims don't want to pass through metal detectors, they can pray in the garbage dumb (of their making) at the base.

A few muslims are not bothered by the security.

I don't have a problem with small tents or pavilions set up around the edge for other faiths as well as a synagogue/temple, a church and a mosque on the mount. No loud speakers.

I'll just go back as a tourist when there is peace. I've lived through too much violence and war already, far too much.

My thought here is that the Palestinians should instead be furious at the gunmen's breach of the sanctity of the place.

I have questions too.

Why do they even care?

Isn't it time for the Europeans, whose ancestors only converted to Judaism in the middle ages, to build their temple elsewhere?

The Muslim structures there have been there for centuries and certainly aren't going anywhere.
Do you even understand what the Wailing Wall is? Or the structure upon which the Dome of the Rock was built?

IMO, it's either everyone or those who possess the land. Guess who that is? :)

Because it is.

Try again, one at a time for you.

1) Why do the Europeans continue to believe it is their holiest site?

Unless there is a reasonable answer to this simple question, everything else is moot.
False question. The "Europeans" don't believe it's their holiest site. However, Christians, Jews and Muslims around the world do see it as a revered religious site.

False question. The "Europeans" don't believe it's their holiest site. However, Christians, Jews and Muslims around the world do see it as a revered religious site.
I am asking specifically about the Europeans who started calling themselves Jews in the middle ages and who stole Palestine in just the last century.

I am asking specifically about the Europeans who started calling themselves Jews in the middle ages and who stole Palestine in just the last century.
So, according to you, unless a person has a direct Saudi lineage or any Muslims from the Philippines shouldn't go on a Haj because they aren't "true" Muslims?

I have questions too.

Why do they even care?

Do you even understand what the Wailing Wall is? Or the structure upon which the Dome of the Rock was built?

IMO, it's either everyone or those who possess the land. Guess who that is? :)

Those who possess the land don't have the right to deny worshippers...they shouldn't.

And people need to share.

Religion is such crazy shit....

Who the fuck cares? What does that have to do with holy sites? :dunno:

Forum List

Back