Who makes the best chili here?

Not competition best, but it's easy and tasty:
At least 1lb hamburger or stew meat, 1.5 is better browned in skillet then tossed in crockpot along with:
Three cans of Beans: light red, dark red and black
one can corn
One can stewed tomatoes (chopped if not already)
One whole onion chopped
1-2 Jalapenos chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder.

Set to slow for 8 hours, high for four--but if stew meat it may come out tougher.

I've only recently started trying making chili with a pressure cooker /slow cooker
You want tender beans in your chili so if doing them from dry bags instead of can beans you need to cook them first till just right, otherwise tough beans can ruin your chili.
Use lightly browned loosely ground beef, but if feeling daring mix both pressure cooked beef tiny stew cubes of meat with ground beef, the variety combined texture is a little different twist.
For sauce I use can crushed tomatoes, small can of spanish style diced tomatoes (has jalopenas in it), a few tablespoons of salsa, 1/4 cup of water, chili powder seasoning from the morton seasoning packets isle, or better yet those wet paste packets to season chili like the garlic chili one but add another 1/4 cup of water 'cause it's thick. Sprinkle cummin, salt, and pepper garlic and onion powder to taste.
Put some finely chopped onions, Pressure cook 15-20 min then slow cook 1-2 hours or slow cook till how you want it to fuse the taste and textures.

The best chili I ever had mixed both styles of pulled and ground meat, and it wasn't till after I enjoyed it that they told me it was deer and rabbit. *slaps forehead*
It was so good I took more anyway, even after finding out the sweet mystery meat was rabbit.

Forum List

Back