Who makes the best chili here?

Give me your recipe. :)
Now were I to do that and also think I make the best chili, I would no longer be able to make that claim, for with my recipe, you (others) could make the very same chili I do. LOL

The reality is that for the most part, I make chili the same way "everyone" does, but I use one technique and a few ingredients that I have yet to find others use. Quite simply, I'm not sharing with you they are. LOL

I will share that Gordon Ramsay's chilli recipe is the closest to mine that I've seen. The two differ in that I exchange certain of his ingredients for similar but different ones and I add some ingredients that do not appear in his. I've tried his recipe and it's "slammin' good," but I nonetheless prefer the flavor profile of mine just a tiny bit better and I prefer the added heat in my recipe.

FWIW, I've "flexed" my recipe to use a variety of main proteins including: venison, boar, buffalo, ostrich, duck and goose, veal and alligator. Of the fowl, I like ground ostrich best, but there's nothing wrong with ground duck or goose.

Last edited:
My chili is the most consistent in the world!

Easy to make too!

81hcUiOlC8L._SY679SX441_SY679_CR,0,0,441,679_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_SX441_SY679_CR,0,0,441,679_SH20_.jpg

I can't lie...my chili sucks the cats ass.

I use lots of chili powder, garlic pressed, onions diced, peppers ground, can o' tomato sauce and can o' diced tomatoes(notice I pronounced it differently) (no spelling error so stay away from it or else)..I guess you'll need some meat, in a nice way...Add salt pepper if you please.....Sometimes grated cheese added and let it melt...Since I usually always make frito pie with it, topped with more hot peppers...

One of my best chili stories:
I was at a pot luck and had brought some caribou chili. One woman was effusing about how tasty my chili was. She asked my for my recipe. When I told her she needed caribou, she just about vomited her third bowl into the kitchen sink.. Caribou is so much better than hamburger....really!

I use lots of chili powder, garlic pressed, onions diced, peppers ground, can o' tomato sauce and can o' diced tomatoes(notice I pronounced it differently) (no spelling error so stay away from it or else)..I guess you'll need some meat, in a nice way...Add salt pepper if you please.....Sometimes grated cheese added and let it melt...Since I usually always make frito pie with it, topped with more hot peppers...

Frito pie so great when stoned!

And what should I eat if I'm not stoned?

I have several chili recipes, depending on my audience. I use both ground meat (whatever is available: moose, caribou, dall sheep, bear, goat, etc.) and stewed, shredded meat. Heat depends on whether my guests suffer heartburn, or not. Give me some hints...

That "depends on this or that" factor for me too plays a huge role. When I visit my family down South, there is always some sort of wild game around, so I'll use what's there. That results in my kin eating a meat they eat "all the time" but prepared differently from what they might do with it. At home, it depends on what I have a taste for (and what the butcher has on hand) on the day I plan that/decide I will make a batch of chili.

I haven't tried some of the ungulates you have. I may "get a wild hair up my ass" and give elk or moose a try...that is if I think about doing so with enough advance time to order it. An "exotic" butcher in D.C. may have them, but I wouldn't bet on it. Usually when I want chili, I intend to be eating it a few hours later, not a day or two later. LOL

I can't lie...my chili sucks the cats ass.
That's nothing a little practice and a little playin' around won't fix. Take someone's recipe you find on the Internet, make it as directed a couple times to get the hang of it, and then start messin' with it each time thereafter that you make chili, and eventually you'll have your own very fine chili recipe.

Chili, like many saucy dishes, is too essential a thing to not have a decent recipe for. Dishes like chili and spaghetti are awesome, filling, comforting, healthy if one wants it so, and easily made (no abstruse techniques or equipment needed) dishes that make great use of leftover and excess food items. One can run out and buy "rare" ingredients to make "gucci" chili, but those fancy/exotic/pricey ingredients aren't what'll make chili great. Those things can add soemthing to already great chili, but they won't "save" chili that sucks to begin with. Mostly they merely make chili different, not better. Now the tomato sauce that is the base to chili, that's what makes chili great, and the only cupboard in the world that doesn't have the minimum fixin's -- salt, pepper, sugar, an herb of some sort, and a spice of some sort -- for great tomato-base is an empty one.

Now, you get goin' figuring a chili recipe you like. Once you have the one you like and tweaked the way you want, you'll be making chili for a month of Sundays. When that happens, do your friends and family a favor and buy some Beano too. LOL

Last edited:

And what should I eat if I'm not stoned?

Just chili no fritos. :lol:

Forum List

Back