Whatcha Q-ing?

Steaks.

Dry aged, USDA PRIME Steaks. These are 2" thick, Bone-In New York steaks with lots of natural marbling. You can't get these bad boys from the grocery store, you need a real butcher or a restaurant purveyor that will sell to you.

I rub them with coarse natural Himalayan sea salt and let them sit out at room temperature for about 3-4 hours.

They hit the grill at the highest temperature possible. I do about 3 mins, then rotate 25% for the perfect grill marks. I flip 'em at 6 minutes, then rotate once more at 9 mins. Then I use my thumb to determine how well they are cooked. I like mine medium rare. But the Redhead wants hers Medium. usually takes between 11-13 minutes to get both perfect.

I'll serve these bad boys with a huge slice of D'Affinois cheese on top (I put the steaks in a foil tent for 5-6 minutes as soon as they come off the grill- the cheese melts ...OMFG!!) , grilled asparagus, a grilled avocado, grilled Anaheim Chile Peppers, a tomato/cucumber salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and a bottle (or three) of Napa Valley Meritage.

Life is good!!

Chicken thighs wings and pork loin. Smoking on the grill with lump charcoal Apple and pear tree wood.
Made some BBQ sauce that is to die for. Apple sweet and spicy.
Perfection.

Last edited:
Found a fresh possum in the road. Got there before the buzzards.

Forum List

Back