• Tom Brady

• Bret Farve

• Steve Young

• Terry Bradshaw

• Otto Graham

• Fran Tarkenton

• Bart Starr

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would imagine that when a player suffers a serious injury, the psychological factors and fear of being hurt and injured plays a HUGE role in their future performances. Some of them can probably get past that while others never really do.

In Manning's case I think the issue was physical. His neck injury hurt his arm strength, particularly as he was reaching the age when QBs normally retire anyway.

I would imagine that when a player suffers a serious injury, the psychological factors and fear of being hurt and injured plays a HUGE role in their future performances. Some of them can probably get past that while others never really do.

In Manning's case I think the issue was physical. His neck injury hurt his arm strength, particularly as he was reaching the age when QBs normally retire anyway.

Perhaps. If they are still playing well, like Brady, then I don't have a problem with keeping them around! I think Brady still has at least a couple of good years left in him. He is not a very physical QB, so he doesn't take a whole lot of hard hits.

Who is the Greatest Quarterback of All Time?

What is your criteria? Over the decades the game has changed and evolved, every era has had their greats. Who is the greatest? I listed 12 QB's not sure if I left anyone who could be considered as a top QB.

Make your case of who is the greatest.

WoW - This is a tough one. Obviously Brady is the top pick, likely because he's so fresh in everyone's mind and has four rings.

Favre only has one, but I chose him (before he left Green Bay) simply because the guy was SO much fun to watch. The obvious joy and passion he had playing the game always shined through. He blew his legacy by hanging on at least 3-4 years too many and all the tearful retirements followed by a change of heart. Not smart.

I'd probably go with Tom Terrific next and then Elway - who had a similar love for the game. I was a little kid when some of the others played and really didn't get into the NFL (or CFB) until high school and beyond.

But Brett? He was fun!

What is your criteria? Over the decades the game has changed and evolved, every era has had their greats. Who is the greatest? I listed 12 QB's not sure if I left anyone who could be considered as a top QB.

WoW - This is a tough one. Obviously Brady is the top pick, likely because he's so fresh in everyone's mind and has four rings.

Favre only has one, but I chose him (before he left Green Bay) simply because the guy was SO much fun to watch. The obvious joy and passion he had playing the game always shined through. He blew his legacy by hanging on at least 3-4 years too many and all the tearful retirements followed by a change of heart. Not smart.

I'd probably go with Tom Terrific next and then Elway - who had a similar love for the game. I was a little kid when some of the others played and really didn't get into the NFL (or CFB) until high school and beyond.

But Brett? He was fun!

5 rings for Brady! FIVE!

main-qimg-1a402bf68946deef6f40daddaf6399c1

That’s true, but the Bronco defense carried Manning to his last super Bowl victory. Conversely Elway was the MVP of the last Super Bowl he won.

Manning never played exceptionally well in the Super Bowl. When the Colts lost to the Saints, his numbers were actually comparable to Elway's when the Broncos beat the Falcons, but Manning definitely benefited from his defenses in his Super Bowl wins.

Manning was spectacular in the regular season, though. :dunno:

I really like and respect Peyton, but when he played with the Colts in the earlier days he had a LOT of great and reliable go-to receivers. That definitely helps his stats.

That's because the Colts built the team around the offense while neglecting the defense. :p

I don't really know that much about them as a team, but they were definitely good on offense back when Peyton was the man! :D He kind of seemed to have lost something since he was injured.

Yeah, a combination of the injury and age caught up to Manning.
Manning came back from a near parilizing neck injury and threw for 50 TD passes

He lost his skills about a year later

But Brett? He was fun!

I did like Brett Favre a lot too. He made some amazing plays, but he took things a bit too far with the "will he or won't he retire" bit. He just started to become annoying at that point. He was exciting to watch in his day though.

But Brett? He was fun!

5 rings for Brady! FIVE!

main-qimg-1a402bf68946deef6f40daddaf6399c1

Bling

Was it FIVE for Tom Terrific? Wiki needs to update that. Yeah, he's one slippery goose in the pocket. I do think a couple of the SB wins and wins in the AFC title game were a bit lucky, although you know what they say - You make your own luck. No question as to his arm strength and deft accuracy. He's one of those guys who really isn't remembered as being a great player in college - but sure blossomed.

He's the dude every guy in America would love to be (for a week or two anyway ;-)

Gisele-Bundchen-Bikini-Pictures.jpg

Was it FIVE for Tom Terrific? Wiki needs to update that. Yeah, he's one slippery goose in the pocket. I do think a couple of the SB wins and wins in the AFC title game were a bit lucky, although you know what they say - You make your own luck. No question as to his arm strength and deft accuracy. He's one of those guys who really isn't remembered as being a great player in college - but sure blossomed.

He's the dude every guy in America would love to be (for a week or two anyway ;-)

I always thought Gisele had a man-face

701dc562178ca632_GettyImages-609630910.jpg

Last edited:

I always thought Giselle had a man-face

Me too. Not that she is ugly, but she is overrated, IMO. There are plenty of women who are MUCH more beautiful.

Partially agree - but oh that bod :)

21-nue-nude-sexy-hot-gisele-bundchen.jpg

Meh, her body isn't all that great either, TBH. A bit straight in the waist, IMO. She is really tall, skinny and muscular.

120514-gisele-bundchen-594.jpg

Meh, her body isn't all that great either, TBH. A bit straight in the waist, IMO. She is really tall, skinny and muscular.

Different body types for different guys.

Most men like the ginormous boobs. I'll take the small to mediums with a nice tight butt. :D

f-Gisele-Bundchen-2530_1_.jpg

Most men like the ginormous boobs. I'll take the small to mediums with a nice tight butt. :D

Sure, you are posting photoshopped/edited professional pics. I am showing the real thing which looks like your average woman at the beach. :D

Sure, you are posting photoshopped/edited professional pics. I am showing the real thing which looks like your average woman at the beach. :D

Fair point - but i'd still like to play :)

2E0C633200000578-3300766-Small_and_sensational_The_beach_bunny_in_2006_before_she_had_chi-a-117_1446498205845.jpg

Fair point - but i'd still like to play :)

2E0C633200000578-3300766-Small_and_sensational_The_beach_bunny_in_2006_before_she_had_chi-a-117_1446498205845.jpg

Maybe you should think about setting more realistic goals for yourself. :2up:

Manning never played exceptionally well in the Super Bowl. When the Colts lost to the Saints, his numbers were actually comparable to Elway's when the Broncos beat the Falcons, but Manning definitely benefited from his defenses in his Super Bowl wins.

I really like and respect Peyton, but when he played with the Colts in the earlier days he had a LOT of great and reliable go-to receivers. That definitely helps his stats.

That's because the Colts built the team around the offense while neglecting the defense. :p

I don't really know that much about them as a team, but they were definitely good on offense back when Peyton was the man! :D He kind of seemed to have lost something since he was injured.

Yeah, a combination of the injury and age caught up to Manning.
Manning came back from a near parilizing neck injury and threw for 50 TD passes

He lost his skills about a year later

Even in the 50 TD year, Manning had noticeably lost some arm strength. That neck injury took something out of him physically. He was able to make up for it with his intelligence for a while, but in the end, that and his age were too much to overcome. What he did after that injury was impressive as hell, though.

Manning won just as many Super Bowls as Elway, and more games in total, with a better winning %. Elway did have a better winning % in the playoffs, though.
Peyton Manning Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com
John Elway Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Interesting tidbit: Manning went to 4 Super Bowls with 4 different head coaches, the only player to do that.

That’s true, but the Bronco defense carried Manning to his last super Bowl victory. Conversely Elway was the MVP of the last Super Bowl he won.

Actually, he had his best statistical season after the injury when he was with the Broncos. In 2013 he set a record with 55 TDs passes and broke the record for passing yards.

Actually, he had his best statistical season after the injury when he was with the Broncos. In 2013 he set a record with 55 TDs passes and broke the record for passing yards.
That was an amazing season
But he still was destroyed by the Seahawks in the SB

I couldn't believe how quickly he lost his skills. I saw it happen with Unitas and Namath too

Someday it will be Brady

Forum List

Back