Who Is More Likely To Be A Racist - A Liberal or a Conservative?

Racism appears to be a topic du jour in the Flame Zone. It brought to mind the following question: Who would you say is most likely to be a racist - a liberal or a conservative?

Discuss.

My guess is it's about equal George. The rightwingers are more overt but the lefties are just as racist, "oh look at that poor black man he can't take care of himself, poor man" Well, yes he can, the lefties just choose to ignore that fact.

Welfare is just slavery of another kind. In both cases the people involved are considered incapable of taking care of themselves so must be taken care of like the children they are.

I have trouble with this idea that a policy that obviously is designed to HELLP members of a minority race that has historically been discriminated against and perscuted in our country, is labeled "racist" because it may do so at the expense of the majority race (i.e., caucasians) that has been doing the persecuting all of these years.

That is not "raciscm." Rather, it is exactly the opposite. Might as well say that the kid who comes to the aid of a child who is being bullied in school, is himself a bully, because he is depriving the real bully of his fun.

Here is some racism for you:

My dads company (me and my brother essentially) has the winning bid on a contracting job but the problem is (and weirdly) being 100% Sicilian he is not considered a minority, and in order for him to get the contract he has to be a "minority" so in order to get this contract he has to transfer his business over to my mother because woman are considered a "minority" despite the fact woman are a majority...

To make it even better my mom is a comptroller/CFO of a corporation that owns 15 companies..

Who came up with this shit??? progressives....

How racist/biased is that???

A company being forced to hire minorities???

I have no doubt it was a completely unbiased study... :redface:

What makes you think it was a biased study? Anything other than it apparently does not support your views?

Gordon Hodson's personal political views.

As far as I can tell, Gordon Hodson is a social scientest who was the lead researcher on this study conducted at Brock University.

What are his personal political views which you feel makes him biased on this issue?

My dads company (me and my brother essentially) has the winning bid on a contracting job but the problem is (and weirdly) being 100% Sicilian he is not considered a minority, and in order for him to get the contract he has to be a "minority" so in order to get this contract he has to transfer his business over to my mother because woman are considered a "minority" despite the fact woman are a majority...

To make it even better my mom is a comptroller/CFO of a corporation that owns 15 companies..

I have trouble with this idea that a policy that obviously is designed to HELLP members of a minority race that has historically been discriminated against and perscuted in our country, is labeled "racist" because it may do so at the expense of the majority race (i.e., caucasians) that has been doing the persecuting all of these years.

That is not "raciscm." Rather, it is exactly the opposite. Might as well say that the kid who comes to the aid of a child who is being bullied in school, is himself a bully, because he is depriving the real bully of his fun.

Quotas are ridiculous, yes.

neither, racist aren't determined by their political affiliation :) in my opinion of course

I have never met a politically liberal person who is a racist. I have met quite a few politically conservative people who are racists.

I am using the term "racist" here in it's classical sense. Think Archie Bunker. He was a racist. That's what I'm talking about.

neither, racist aren't determined by their political affiliation :) in my opinion of course

Do you know a lot of conservatives personally? A lot of liberals? Of the two groups, which contains more people that appear to you to hold racist views?

I'm pushin' 60 (birthday next month), and I've known alot of people of all political persuasions... and, over all those years, I've been surprised by people who I would have expected to be racist to turn out to be people who are willing to give the benefit of the doubt to others different from themselves... likewise, I've been surprised by people who I would have expected to be non-racist to turn out to be incredibly racist... after all these years, I'm no longer surprised by people...

I think, deep down, we all are racist to some extent...

but I will say that the least racist people I've known are pretty much apolitical... they have no interest in things they can't control, and don't much pay attention to the larger goings-on around them...

Last edited:

I would largely agree with you (and Mr. Nick) on this point. But that does not make them "racist." I guess the problem with this whole thing does get down to how you want to define the term, "racist."

Do you know a lot of conservatives personally? A lot of liberals? Of the two groups, which contains more people that appear to you to hold racist views?

I'm pushin' 60 (birthday next month), and I've known alot of people of all political persuasions... and, over all those years, I've been surprised by people who I would have expected to be racist to turn out to be people who are willing to give the benefit of the doubt to others different from themselves... likewise, I've been surprised by people who I would have expected to be non-racist to turn out to be incredibly racist... after all these years, I'm no longer surprised by people...

I think, deep down, we all are racist to some extent...

but I will say that the least racist people I've known are pretty much apolitical... they have no interest in things they can't control, and didn't much pay attention to the larger goings-on around them...

Now THAT's a damn good post! :clap2:

I would largely agree with you (and Mr. Nick) on this point. But that does not make them "racist." I guess the problem with this whole thing does get down to how you want to define the term, "racist."

Yes, and I know African Americans who are conservative, as well as many women.

I have never met a politically liberal person who is a racist. I have met quite a few politically conservative people who are racists.

I am using the term "racist" here in it's classical sense. Think Archie Bunker. He was a racist. That's what I'm talking about.

That's just because you dismiss the notion that a liberal can be a racist if he embraces race-consciousness 'for good reasons."

But lots of libs wholeheartedly embrace race-consciousness as a component of governmental action. And when you have preferential treatment on the basis of color for ONE group, that automatically entails (unavoidably) negative treatment on the basis of color for OTHER group(s).

YOU may not choose to see that as racism, but there's plenty of good reason for people to disagree with your view.

That is racism against me and my brother (and my dad).....

We won the job, not to mention Italians (Sicilians) have been systematically discriminated against to boot.........

It doesn't matter because we're getting the job anyways....

Go learn something about Sicilians and the island of Sicily, and how they were treated when they first got to the "New World"......

Last edited:
Who would you say is most likely to be a racist - a liberal or a conservative?

Neither. Central planners are far more likely to be racists, regardless of which party/ideology they claim to adhere. It takes the mentality that some are better suited to know what's best for others to lay the groundwork for a racist outlook. That describes central planners to far greater extent than simply liberal or conservative. For proof, look to the days of slavery. It wasn't freedom and liberty that allowed slavery to persist in the South, it was government support of the practice. Again, central planning.

As a practicing racist and want to excel in this area. I find such wrongful informative display by racist people!
As for African /Black race. Gee! What a bunch of color based bigots of the color black. OMG! Did they look in the mirror and hold a color wheel up at the same time! Most of the time they will have to spin the wheel to Brown/Tan sections. Why they keep telling me they are black, who the fuck knows.
As for the Brownies! They look more Cream/White! As for the Yellow.. God what the fuck are we color blind, Pale White in my book! And as for Whitey
…Fuck No Man! Call it wanting to be an Albino and your off white mixed with cream and to many pigments bozo’s! That's my Racist rant on race issue, Please come back as I’m headed to level two! With USMB members support I will be a better racist in time.
BTW..I vote HUMANS! The lower life forms seem to be lost in this area.

I've met alot of politically liberal persons who were insidious "stealth" racists like I described in a previous post... (heck, I used to be married to one...)

and I still believe their dishonest form of racism is inherently much worse than the overt kind displayed by Archie Bunker...

That's just because you dismiss the notion that a liberal can be a racist if he embraces race-consciousness 'for good reasons."

But lots of libs wholeheartedly embrace race-consciousness as a component of governmental action. And when you have preferential treatment on the basis of color for ONE group, that automatically entails (unavoidably) negative treatment on the basis of color for OTHER group(s).

YOU may not choose to see that as racism, but there's plenty of good reason for people to disagree with your view.

"Race consciousness" and "racism" are two ENTIRELY different concepts and should not be confused. The conservative's labeling of liberals' race consciousness as racism appears to me to be nothing more than defensive deflection.

As I have said several times before on this thread:

There is another thread going in this forum right now on this very point. I am hopping back and forth between that one and this one. Check the other one out if you haven't already.

Discuss.

Georgie....definition of terms?

What is a 'racist'?

There are numerous definitions. This one is as good as any other, I supppose:

"Racism is generally understood as either belief that different racial groups are characterized by intrinsic characteristics or abilities and that some such groups are therefore naturally superior to others or as practices that discriminate against members of particular racial groups, for example by perpetuating unequal access to resources between groups."

Racism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But your question is well taken, because I suspect that before this thread is through, such things as overt v. covert racism will be discussed as well as ethnic v. racial differences in human beings and God know what else.

her question isn't raised for discussion purposes. it's raised so she can twist any comment into "racists are people who call out racists for being racist".

Neither. Central planners are far more likely to be racists, regardless of which party/ideology they claim to adhere. It takes the mentality that some are better suited to know what's best for others to lay the groundwork for a racist outlook. That describes central planners to far greater extent than simply liberal or conservative. For proof, look to the days of slavery. It wasn't freedom and liberty that allowed slavery to persist in the South, it was government support of the practice. Again, central planning.

I agree with this...

I think racism is more of an authoritarian "idea" than an animosity...

However there are still plenty of racists on both sides, but if I was to pick which side had the "most" racists it would have to be the left...

That can be proven via simple mathematics actually....

I've met alot of politically liberal persons who were insidious "stealth" racists like I described in a previous post... (heck, I used to be married to one...)

and I still believe their dishonest form of racism is inherently much worse than the overt kind displayed by Archie Bunker...

Absolutely. What you are describing here is covert racism, which is defined as opposition to programs that benefit minorities or support of programs that are detrimental to minorities. Overt racism (back of the bus, burning crosses, use of the N-word, dragging black guys to death behind pickup trucks, etc.) is rarely seen these days, but that does not mean that racism is dead - not by any means. Now, it has gone covert.

Georgie....definition of terms?

What is a 'racist'?

There are numerous definitions. This one is as good as any other, I supppose:

"Racism is generally understood as either belief that different racial groups are characterized by intrinsic characteristics or abilities and that some such groups are therefore naturally superior to others or as practices that discriminate against members of particular racial groups, for example by perpetuating unequal access to resources between groups."

Racism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But your question is well taken, because I suspect that before this thread is through, such things as overt v. covert racism will be discussed as well as ethnic v. racial differences in human beings and God know what else.

her question isn't raised for discussion purposes. it's raised so she can twist any comment into "racists are people who call out racists for being racist".

Rac(ism) is the idea that your race is superior than another race - hence the "ism."

"Racism" is nothing more than an allegation, and can be rarely proven...

IMO, "ism's" have gotten out of hand in the English language..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back