Why Is Merely POINTING OUT Racism Worse Than ACTUAL Racism To So Many on The Right??

Because it has been a constant bombardment.

Not every case of "pointing out racism" actually points to racism.

Perception of racism in every-fucking-thing, however, IS racism.

If there weren't so many "Racist!" cries, one might be able to stick from time to time.

If there weren't so many "Racist!" cries, one might be able to stick from time to time.

You make a good point. Not everything is racism. The term has a specific meaning. Misusing it can ruin someone's life and professional career.

You make a good point. Not everything is racism. The term has a specific meaning. Misusing it can ruin someone's life and professional career.
But according to many on the right, the term has been so misused, that it no longer has any meaning and/or holds any more weight.

So why the outcry for merely POINTING racism out?

Very confusing...:cuckoo:

But according to many on the right, the term has been so misused, that it no longer has any meaning and/or holds any more weight.

Story Arts | Aesop's ABC | The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Try reading this. That should clarify it for you.

Those who are are quick to find racism are the ones that are racist.

Let's try a similar comparison:

Those who are quick to investigate crimes are the ones who commit crimes.

Yeah. Your attempt to metaphorically respond fails logically.

Your analogy is as weak as your mind.
The anology is spot on.

And the only flag that Americans should be so proud of is the old stars and stripes.

That flag stands for the racism, prejudices, lifestyle and pride of the Segregated South.

I think that most people are rightfully wary of being labeled as racists, because that shit can fuck you up.

I mean, look what it did to Shirley Sherrod's life.

In essence, it's a label that can destroy you professionally, and which can be very difficult to disprove. In essence, in many cases, people who are accused of racism are assumed to be guilty until they prove themselves innocent. And, there isn't any kind of objective standard for how it's applied.

If someone makes racist comments, I'm going to point out the fact that their comments are racist. But, I don't think people clearly understand even what the term means right now, they're just deathly afraid of being labeled and professionally destroyed.

One must first investigate before they can find.
:eusa_shhh:

Most just make the jump

I agree, some people do jump, without being sure where they're jumping. It's a pretty reactionary thing.

On the flip side, a poster here has made egregiously racist statements over the past couple of days, and then accused me of being a racist for pointing out the fact that his posts are racially biased.

It is what it is. Most people don't want to touch the sticky subject of race.

I think that most people are rightfully wary of being labeled as racists, because that shit can fuck you up.

I mean, look what it did to Shirley Sherrod's life.

In essence, it's a label that can destroy you professionally, and which can be very difficult to disprove. In essence, in many cases, people who are accused of racism are assumed to be guilty until they prove themselves innocent. And, there isn't any kind of objective standard for how it's applied.

If someone makes racist comments, I'm going to point out the fact that their comments are racist. But, I don't think people clearly understand even what the term means right now, they're just deathly afraid of being labeled and professionally destroyed.
But so many on the Right keep saying the worlds holds no more meaning because of it's misuse and abuse.

So what is it? Either its still a very powerful word, allegation, or it isn't.

The anology is spot on.

And the only flag that Americans should be so proud of is the old stars and stripes.

That flag stands for the racism, prejudices, lifestyle and pride of the Segregated South.

why do you condone racism? wassamatter? cat got your tongue?

The anology is spot on.

Equating an act of crime with thought is not "spot on".

No wonder they have to dumb down tests for you idiots.

Forum List

Back