Who has to work Monday?

"Having to work" on any given day is a relative thing for me. When there's work to be done by a given point in time -- which is the case for all the work I perform -- the day of the week has nothing to do with whether I work. I work the days/times I need to in order to get my work done as thoroughly as possible and have it done before (preferably) or when it's due. An upside, and there are several, is that for about 90% of what I do, I am the person who decides what is due and when it's due.

As for my staff, some them may work tomorrow and others, the ones who've planned their work accordingly, will not work tomorrow. I don't dictate to them when they work, only the level of quality I expect in their work and when their work is due in my hands/inbox.
I am sure this is in the wrong place, but I was curious and hope the mods will leave it for a bit.

I will be working, but I gave all my employees the day off so they could enjoy a 4 day weekend with their families and friends. The younger kids especially seemed to appreciate it. Little things like this simple act has helped build loyalty over the years.
I can't believe how many people are working. It's going to be the least productive day ever.

In Europe most everyone works half day Fridays and they get a lot more holidays than we do.

The weekend went by so fast I am going to play on the lake all day tomorrow
Lots of people will be going to the bank on Monday for cash.

It is a good day for bank robberies too.

So Monday will be a busy day for me monitoring bank customers and making my usual semi hourly exterior patrols to flash my badge and gun to discourage anyone from getting into a firefight with moi.

Also when a customer gets rude with a teller or bank officer I go stand next to our employee so they can see my gun and badge better. Usually then they shut the fokk up.

So lots and lots of walking in my job.

But walking is better than sitting or standing.
I have one job where I get to drive a golf cart during a security shift at the local campgrounds,,,,soo sweet..
Sounds nice. Love campgrounds and golf carts.
campgrounds

I can't say I know much about campgrounds. I know quite a bit and have somewhat extensive experience making camp in the wilderness. I greatly enjoy going there and doing so. A golf cart wouldn't be a useful tool there, however.

and the answer is?
You're in prison.
Which days do I have off?

I can't count past 6.

23_11_521.gif
try your other foot.

O.K. I'll bite.
Prison Chaplin?

"Having to work" on any given day is a relative thing for me. When there's work to be done by a given point in time -- which is the case for all the work I perform -- the day of the week has nothing to do with whether I work. I work the days/times I need to in order to get my work done as thoroughly as possible and have it done before (preferably) or when it's due. An upside, and there are several, is that for about 90% of what I do, I am the person who decides what is due and when it's due.

As for my staff, some them may work tomorrow and others, the ones who've planned their work accordingly, will not work tomorrow. I don't dictate to them when they work, only the level of quality I expect in their work and when their work is due in my hands/inbox.
The green beans have to picked every other day as do the berries.It's a busy time of year..
Cows have to be milked every day.

They do not get any holidays.

... but why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free ?!
In today's market, why not?
It only makes sense to buy a young cow so she can take care of you and hold the pot so you can pee when you are way too old to see.
Then I'd have to feed and clothe her..

The green beans have to picked every other day as do the berries.It's a busy time of year..
Cows have to be milked every day.

They do not get any holidays.

... but why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free ?!
In today's market, why not?
It only makes sense to buy a young cow so she can take care of you and hold the pot so you can pee when you are way too old to see.
Then I'd have to feed and clothe her..
That's what all young cows want you to do.

They don't want your d!ck, trust me on this.

And they fake all their orgasms.

Last edited:
I used to be a hard ass and it wasn't productive regarding employee relations. In my previous life I was in retail management at the upper levels. It burned me out. Dealing with corporate overlords is about the worst life I could envision. I decided there was a better way. I have some progressive ideas about the number of hours worked and productivity. My business hours for most employees are 8am to 3 or 4pm. We manage to accomplish more in that time frame and it allows those with kids to be home to raise their kids. Revenue is continuing to increase and the bottom line is better than ever.
One of the best jobs I ever had was piece work. I could double or better my pay for a few days then take some off or just sit back and do the minimum for a day or two. I loved it.

I was confused why this is in

I am sure this is in the wrong place, but I was curious and hope the mods will leave it for a bit.

I will be working, but I gave all my employees the day off so they could enjoy a 4 day weekend with their families and friends. The younger kids especially seemed to appreciate it. Little things like this simple act has helped build loyalty over the years.
I can't believe how many people are working. It's going to be the least productive day ever.

In Europe most everyone works half day Fridays and they get a lot more holidays than we do.

So Monday will be a busy day for me monitoring bank customers and making my usual semi hourly exterior patrols to flash my badge and gun to discourage anyone from getting into a firefight with moi.

Also when a customer gets rude with a teller or bank officer I go stand next to our employee so they can see my gun and badge better. Usually then they shut the fokk up.

I have one job where I get to drive a golf cart during a security shift at the local campgrounds,,,,soo sweet..
Not me. I had a bad experience sophomore year in highschool. We were working this antique carnival and the boss drove me on the golf cart to the back of the campground and I think he tried to put the moves on me. I jumped out of the cart and he drove off. I wasn't sure but it was a weird thing to put his hand on my knee hard the way he did. Maybe gentle would have been too obvious so he wanted to see how I reacted and freaking out wasn't what he hoped for.
Lol! Not laughing at you, but attended a parochial high school and was suspended a over similar incident. Ready to fight.

campgrounds

I can't say I know much about campgrounds. I know quite a bit and have somewhat extensive experience making camp in the wilderness. I greatly enjoy going there and doing so. A golf cart wouldn't be a useful tool there, however.
Campgrounds are loaded with ants.

And they are crowded and loud.

A wilderness base camp next to your 4WD vehicle way up a trail that nobody goes is the best place to camp.

Then backpack-in further from there.

I have one job where I get to drive a golf cart

I have an occasional (when required by others) pastime whereby if it's busy, I will ride in or drive a golf cart, but in general, I prefer to walk.
I prefer riding my mountain bike.
Me too, biking gives a whole different perspective to architecture, landscapes and takes automobiles out of the equation. Well, until they almost run you over, that is.

I used to be a hard ass and it wasn't productive regarding employee relations. In my previous life I was in retail management at the upper levels. It burned me out. Dealing with corporate overlords is about the worst life I could envision. I decided there was a better way. I have some progressive ideas about the number of hours worked and productivity. My business hours for most employees are 8am to 3 or 4pm. We manage to accomplish more in that time frame and it allows those with kids to be home to raise their kids. Revenue is continuing to increase and the bottom line is better than ever.
One of the best jobs I ever had was piece work. I could double or better my pay for a few days then take some off or just sit back and do the minimum for a day or two. I loved it.
I get tons of overtime pay now but rarely do I get a day off other than Sundays or Federal holidays.

Summer is the bankrobbery season so no chance to go anywhere far from work or home.

Last edited:
I'm working by choice. Since I'm self-employed. I like the quiet days with no Teleconferences and client emergencies. .

And of course -- my "real job" at USMB -- we NEVER get a day off. :rofl: If we did, the place would be full up with junk Spam from Vietnam and serious melt-down threads...
After the bank closes on Monday I will go home and sleep as usual.

On Tuesday July 4th my sister is having a party over at her house.

I will bring the exotic Mexican tequila.

I have an occasional (when required by others) pastime whereby if it's busy, I will ride in or drive a golf cart, but in general, I prefer to walk.
Me too, biking gives a whole different perspective to architecture, landscapes and takes automobiles out of the equation. Well, until they almost run you over, that is.
Love bicycling. Every day. 16 miles before I go to work. Two wide? Dumb. Three wide. Idiots.

I get tons of overtime pay now but rarely do I get a day off other than Sundays or Federal holidays.

Summer is the bankrobbery season so no chance to go anywhere far from home.
Yeah, piece work probably doesn't work for police.

... It was moved here. It was a clean thread without attacking anyone. I suspect it was moved by someone because it was in the wrong forum. I was not debating anyone or anything. It's all good.
This is a clean debate on whether Monday should also be a Federal holiday like July 4th on Tuesday.

Why not make the whole week a Federal holiday?

That's what the ancient Egyptians did every year after 12 months of 30 days each to make up for the other 5 1/4 days per solar year.
Or maybe always make July 4th fall on a Monday. Like this year, we could have July 4 th on Monday, then have July 3rd on Tuesday....then go to the regular calendar with July 5th on Wednesday.
The ancient Egyptians would not have approved of that at all.

Neither would the ancient Babylonians.

And the ancient Greeks were still illiterate at that time.

And the rest of the world was living in caves still eating each other.

Last edited:

Love bicycling. Every day. 16 miles before I go to work. Two wide? Dumb. Three wide. Idiots.
16 miles one way? Wow. I am beat after six, but I am sixty, and ...excuses excuses ,Impressive.

Forum List

Back