Who has to work Monday?

I am sure this is in the wrong place, but I was curious and hope the mods will leave it for a bit.

I will be working, but I gave all my employees the day off so they could enjoy a 4 day weekend with their families and friends. The younger kids especially seemed to appreciate it. Little things like this simple act has helped build loyalty over the years.
ME! I am ever so happy to have a job, I feel your pain. But then I flashed back to an old union pacific work roster from 1898, these poor people worked ten hour days 6 days of week, and, NO holidays. Wow, that blew me away. Have a happy 4th.
They considered that it was good for you, it kept you from sinning...

"Having to work" on any given day is a relative thing for me. When there's work to be done by a given point in time -- which is the case for all the work I perform -- the day of the week has nothing to do with whether I work. I work the days/times I need to in order to get my work done as thoroughly as possible and have it done before (preferably) or when it's due. An upside, and there are several, is that for about 90% of what I do, I am the person who decides what is due and when it's due.

As for my staff, some them may work tomorrow and others, the ones who've planned their work accordingly, will not work tomorrow. I don't dictate to them when they work, only the level of quality I expect in their work and when their work is due in my hands/inbox.
The green beans have to picked every other day as do the berries.It's a busy time of year..
Cows have to be milked every day.

They do not get any holidays.

... but why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free ?!
In today's market, why not?
I love milk -- it is my favorite beverage.

Tequila in a close second though.
No milk for me, I was made to drink it for years, I'll never touch a drop..

"Having to work" on any given day is a relative thing for me. When there's work to be done by a given point in time -- which is the case for all the work I perform -- the day of the week has nothing to do with whether I work. I work the days/times I need to in order to get my work done as thoroughly as possible and have it done before (preferably) or when it's due. An upside, and there are several, is that for about 90% of what I do, I am the person who decides what is due and when it's due.

As for my staff, some them may work tomorrow and others, the ones who've planned their work accordingly, will not work tomorrow. I don't dictate to them when they work, only the level of quality I expect in their work and when their work is due in my hands/inbox.
I am sure this is in the wrong place, but I was curious and hope the mods will leave it for a bit.

I will be working, but I gave all my employees the day off so they could enjoy a 4 day weekend with their families and friends. The younger kids especially seemed to appreciate it. Little things like this simple act has helped build loyalty over the years.
I can't believe how many people are working. It's going to be the least productive day ever.

In Europe most everyone works half day Fridays and they get a lot more holidays than we do.

The weekend went by so fast I am going to play on the lake all day tomorrow
Lots of people will be going to the bank on Monday for cash.

It is a good day for bank robberies too.

So Monday will be a busy day for me monitoring bank customers and making my usual semi hourly exterior patrols to flash my badge and gun to discourage anyone from getting into a firefight with moi.

Also when a customer gets rude with a teller or bank officer I go stand next to our employee so they can see my gun and badge better. Usually then they shut the fokk up.

So lots and lots of walking in my job.

But walking is better than sitting or standing.
I have one job where I get to drive a golf cart during a security shift at the local campgrounds,,,,soo sweet..
Sounds nice. Love campgrounds and golf carts.

They need to automate your job. Imagine a killing robot was in the bank. Would anyone try to rob it? I think not.

And one person could monitor 100 banks from home
I am a killing robot.

And yay though I walk thru the valley of the shadow of death
I fear no evil
For there is nothing on this Earth that I cannot kill.
So the valley is so named because of you.
I like to think so yes, thank you.

But there are plenty of worse dudes out there other than me.

They are just not as good a shot and as quick a draw as I am.

:D
Does everyone know? Then you're dumb. Now anyone who tries to take you out will unfairly get the drop on you

I can't believe how many people are working. It's going to be the least productive day ever.

In Europe most everyone works half day Fridays and they get a lot more holidays than we do.

So Monday will be a busy day for me monitoring bank customers and making my usual semi hourly exterior patrols to flash my badge and gun to discourage anyone from getting into a firefight with moi.

Also when a customer gets rude with a teller or bank officer I go stand next to our employee so they can see my gun and badge better. Usually then they shut the fokk up.

I have one job where I get to drive a golf cart during a security shift at the local campgrounds,,,,soo sweet..
I've never set so much on a job, except while in the Army..

They need to automate your job. Imagine a killing robot was in the bank. Would anyone try to rob it? I think not.

And one person could monitor 100 banks from home
I am a killing robot.

And yay though I walk thru the valley of the shadow of death
I fear no evil
For there is nothing on this Earth that I cannot kill.
What do you think about the doctor who shot up his work then killed himself? That's messed up. Luckily most people who are crazy enough to kill themselves aren't the kind of people who want to take others out first.
This is called murder-suicide.

It is quite a common crime.

It is mostly committed by offense-collectors with borderline personality disorder.

The FBI has 3 explanations for murderers:

1 - bad genes

2 - abuse as a child by parents

3 - an evil spiritual force in the universe.

Take your pick.

I generally believe that anyone who falls victim to any crime was simply unprepared.

But that is because the Boy Scouts Of America brainwashed me with their motto when I was a kid.

Semper Paratus.

... It was moved here. It was a clean thread without attacking anyone. I suspect it was moved by someone because it was in the wrong forum. I was not debating anyone or anything. It's all good.
This is a clean debate on whether Monday should also be a Federal holiday like July 4th on Tuesday.

Why not make the whole week a Federal holiday?

That's what the ancient Egyptians did every year after 12 months of 30 days each to make up for the other 5 1/4 days per solar year.
Or maybe always make July 4th fall on a Monday. Like this year, we could have July 4 th on Monday, then have July 3rd on Tuesday....then go to the regular calendar with July 5th on Wednesday.

The green beans have to picked every other day as do the berries.It's a busy time of year..

For the same reason one would or would not in any market: comparative advantage.

Last edited:
I have Monday off.

and Tuesday

and Wednesday

and Thursday

and Friday

and Saturday.
and still no one has asked the obvious question
The answer is obvious, like 99% of everyone in this forum website.

and the answer is?
You're in prison.
Which days do I have off?

I can't count past 6.

23_11_521.gif

In with 2/3 of rest of the crew. Think they have overestimated demand. Friday was so heavy I was stealing customers from the competition when they couldn't keep up. Expecting an abbreviated shift.

Not me. I had a bad experience sophomore year in highschool. We were working this antique carnival and the boss drove me on the golf cart to the back of the campground and I think he tried to put the moves on me. I jumped out of the cart and he drove off. I wasn't sure but it was a weird thing to put his hand on my knee hard the way he did. Maybe gentle would have been too obvious so he wanted to see how I reacted and freaking out wasn't what he hoped for.

It only makes sense to buy a young cow so she can take care of you and hold the pot so you can pee when you are way too old to see.

I have one job where I get to drive a golf cart

I have an occasional (when required by others) pastime whereby if it's busy, I will ride in or drive a golf cart, but in general, I prefer to walk.

I have an occasional (when required by others) pastime whereby if it's busy, I will ride in or drive a golf cart, but in general, I prefer to walk.
I prefer riding my mountain bike.

I usually always walk, but this job is different..

Forum List

Back