Who has more control of our thinking; God or Satan?

“With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26. It was saying all things are possible through Jesus.

Whatever you think it says, it is a lie.

Man is even more powerful than God. We can reproduce true while God can only do a half breed chimera after coveting another man's woman, a sin BTW, and cuckolding Joseph. He then did what all good deadbeat dads do and ran away from his responsibility to his child.

Quite the prick that God of yours.

Can you articulate why you adore a genocidal deadbeat son murderer?

Regards
DL

There is nothing to indicate that someone named Matthew actually wrote any part of the bibles. A believer will believe anything.

Well, for this verse, Mark said the same. How can two different people say the same if they didn't hear for themselves? Throughout the Bible, i.e. over 400 times, it is written that it was God's word.

"And Jesus said to him, “ ‘If You can?’ All things are possible to him who believes.” Mark 9-23

It's coming back to me now because I think this is the verse I saw on the billboard. Matthew is not easy to read for me and I would've remembered if it was Matthew.

Are you a believer?

If so, what are you waiting for to do what you should for the word?

I must be mistaken about you believing.

Regards
DL

There is nothing to indicate that someone named Matthew actually wrote any part of the bibles. A believer will believe anything.

Well, for this verse, Mark said the same. How can two different people say the same if they didn't hear for themselves? Throughout the Bible, i.e. over 400 times, it is written that it was God's word.

"And Jesus said to him, “ ‘If You can?’ All things are possible to him who believes.” Mark 9-23

It's coming back to me now because I think this is the verse I saw on the billboard. Matthew is not easy to read for me and I would've remembered if it was Matthew.

There is nothing to indicate that some guy named Mark wrote any of the bibles. .

Hey, don'tcha ya know that Peter, Paul, Mary are Jewish names. Oh wait. They sound English. Jesus is also a white guy. Never mind that he was a Jewish Rabbi. Those are just details. :badgrin::badgrin:

Regards
DL

I don’t know what God or Satan’s game is, but God giving Satan dominion over our political/physical realm as well as the power to deceive our spiritual/religious realm in us all seems counterintuitive to what a good God would do.

It seems like God is giving Satan the advantage, in terms of our ability to think without deception or Satan’s undo interference.

Rev12;9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent,

called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Why did God curse us with Satan and her minions?

It cannot be to give us free will as none of us have the free will to never sin. If we did have that, we would have some examples of
people who never sinned.

On another tangent, scriptures say that God himself put’s lies/deception into his prophets and that he decides who will have faith or not by his doling out grace only to those he has pre-selected and thus denies other the ability to have faith or belief.

This biblical contradiction, strangely, refutes all that I put above on Satan. Can Christians clear up this contradiction?

Regards
DL

Gnostics Christians, which is what you claim to be, believe in two Gods. The Evil God which is the God of the OT, and the Good God which is the God of the NT.

The Evil God is the God of the material world and the Good God is the God of the Spiritual world.

You see Gnostics like yourself hate the material world.

I know you lied just to draw me in. You are so transparent and have no purpose to you life.

Lurkers who can read and think might have an interest though. So.

I wrote this to refute the false notion that Gnostic Christians do not like matter and reality that the inquisitors propagated to justify their many murders of my religions originators. It shows that Christians should actually hate matter and not Gnostic Christians.

The Christian reality.

1 John 2:15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Gen 3; 17 Thou shalt not eat of it; cursed is the ground for thy sake; in toil shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life.

-----------

The Gnostic Christian reality.

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

"If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.

If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.

Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.

[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be, given our past history, or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, because it is the only possible world, given all the conditions at hand and the history that got us here. That is an irrefutable statement given entropy and the anthropic principle.

Regards
DL

It is all in the King James bible regardless of you trying to ignore it.

Regards
DL

The KJV bears no resemblance to the Greek or the Latin from which it was supposed to have been translated. And it certainly doesn't reflect the language of God.

It was an attempt at political correctness in order to placate the Protestants and the Catholics of the time by translators who had no idea what the original manuscripts even meant. They were 5 linguistics separated, to their credit. This at the same time Shakespeare was doing the same thing in his plays.

Remember when the Protestants tried to blow up King James in the House of Parliament because they thought the translators were siding too much with the Catholics? lol.

Last edited:

I don’t know what God or Satan’s game is, but God giving Satan dominion over our political/physical realm as well as the power to deceive our spiritual/religious realm in us all seems counterintuitive to what a good God would do.

It seems like God is giving Satan the advantage, in terms of our ability to think without deception or Satan’s undo interference.

called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

It cannot be to give us free will as none of us have the free will to never sin. If we did have that, we would have some examples of
people who never sinned.

On another tangent, scriptures say that God himself put’s lies/deception into his prophets and that he decides who will have faith or not by his doling out grace only to those he has pre-selected and thus denies other the ability to have faith or belief.

This biblical contradiction, strangely, refutes all that I put above on Satan. Can Christians clear up this contradiction?

Regards
DL

You need to read As A Man Thinketh by James Allen

people who never sinned.

Regards
DL

Satan is "THE GOD OF THIS WORLD" until Jesus Christ returns and takes the throne.

Strange that you would think that Jesus, who said he came for the ill and not the well, would sit back decade after century, and allow the one making us ill roam freely.

Why so lazy on his doctor side?

Tell us as well why Yahweh/Jesus gave Satan her powers of deception and put her on earth to pester us in the first place.

That seems like a G D cruel thing to do for a good God. No?

Regards
DL

you idol worship a genocidal son murdering prick of a God.

Regards
DL
This is why at the end of the Thousand Year Reign of Jesus Christ from Jerusalem, the "nations" will actually assemble at Jerusalem and think they can defeat God in battle. Good luck with that, spawn of Satan.

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Only a mental midget would not recognize that the time period is long overdue.

Only one with the lowest of morals would not see that hell is an immoral construct that no good God would ever create.

You are one dim bulb buddy and that may be why you adore a genocidal son murderer.

Regards
DL

It is all in the King James bible regardless of you trying to ignore it.

Regards
DL

The KJV bears no resemblance to the Greek or the Latin from which it was supposed to have been translated. And it certainly doesn't reflect the language of God.

It was an attempt at political correctness in order to placate the Protestants and the Catholics of the time by translators who had no idea what the original manuscripts even meant. They were 5 linguistics separated, to their credit. This at the same time Shakespeare was doing the same thing in his plays.

Remember when the Protestants tried to blow up King James in the House of Parliament because they thought the translators were siding too much with the Catholics? lol.

Whatever it is, if shows God as a genocidal son murderer and Christians somehow see that prick as being good.

Can you explain that immoral idiocy?

Regards
DL

people who never sinned.

Regards
DL

You need to read As A Man Thinketh by James Allen

Why? In a nutshell, what was your take away?

Regards
DL

Whatever it is, if shows God as a genocidal son murderer and Christians somehow see that prick as being good.

Regards
DL

You get a a whole new sense of the Gospels once you stray away from the bastardized English translations.

Joseph was actually a well educated man, for instance. But the English concoctions turned him into a lowly carpenter. Of course, that's just a simple mistranslation. There's nothing nefarious about it. But it changes the story even if inadvertently.

Last edited:

Regards
DL

You get a a whole new sense of he Gospels once you stray away from the bastardized English translations.

Joseph was actually a well educated man, for instance. But the English concoctions turned him into a lowly carpenter. Of course, that's just a simple mistranslation. There's nothing nefarious about it. But it changes the story even if inadvertently.

Not being a literal reader of myths, I see all the biblical characters for what they were written up to be. Fiction.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental trash that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

What is God?

Further.
Bill Moyers Journal . Watch & Listen | PBS

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

Regards
DL

neither because neither exists

But you're a fool who fits what is said about Satan -- "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he does not exist." You just said it.

The other violates the first commandment.

How do you get so extremely foolish in four words?

Check the early art, like the expulsion painting at the Vatican, and wonder why Satan is depicted as a female.

You mean Eve? She ate the forbidden fruit, gave it to Adam and passed along what Satan told her. Satan is the snake watching attentively to everything. Adam gets the sin because he was the first representative of the human race.

So if enough people buy my book, it becomes real? Gawd, you’re stoopid.

Not exactly. What you said is a fallacy, so that makes you "stoopid." The point is the book by God convinces people to believe and understand how all of this happened and how it works. It's creation science that has the mountain of evidence while evolution and its atheist scientists believe in lies. I would say there isn't any science using the scientific method coming out of it. A person can ignore evolution all of their lives after getting their sheepskin and be fine.

The gods lied to Adam and to Eve.

Why believe a liar?

Interesting. How so?

The Bible says it was Satan talking through the snake who lied.

Not if you know how to read English.

Get the quote and I will show you how to read.

Regards
DL

And I can show you how to read, comprehend and put things together.

"And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him." Revelation 12:9

"The Fall

3 Now the serpent was more crafty than any other beast of the field that the Lord God had made.

He said to the woman, “Did God actually say, ‘You1 shall not eat of any tree in the garden’?” 2 And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat of the fruit of the trees in the garden, 3 but God said, v‘You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree that is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.’ ” 4 But the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. 5 For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” 6 So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise,2 she took of its fruit and ate, and she also gave some to her husband who was with her, and he ate. 7 Then the eyes of both were opened, and they knew that they were naked. And they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loincloths."

Genesis 3:1-24 (in full here)
Genesis 3:1–24
Now, why don't you go find the verse that says God does not exist :abgg2q.jpg:.

My question to you is do you not believe Satan exists?

So if enough people buy my book, it becomes real? Gawd, you’re stoopid.

Not exactly. What you said is a fallacy, so that makes you "stoopid." The point is the book by God convinces people to believe and understand how all of this happened and how it works. It's creation science that has the mountain of evidence while evolution and its atheist scientists believe in lies. I would say there isn't any science using the scientific method coming out of it. A person can ignore evolution all of their lives after getting their sheepskin and be fine.
The bibles are not books "by god".

That’s simply false. There’s no evidence that masses of Hindus, Moslems, Buddhists, etc., suddenly converted to Christianity after reading any of the bibles. Further, a book is simply that, a book. Until there is a way to connect a supernatural being with the authorship of a book, it's safe to assume that the book is, in fact, merely written by men.

Babies seem to be blank slates, devoid of anything but instinct (eat, defecate, sleep, that sort of thing). They also display curiosity and experiment with their environment, so they seem far more in tune with the processes of science as opposed to those of faith. If you raise a baby in a Hindu culture, it will almost certainly embrace Hinduism; if in a Christian home, Christianity. All theistic beliefs are externally brought to human beings, none of them display inherent hardwiring. If you raise a child devoid of god concepts in the middle of a remote jungle, the child will not arbitrarily and spontaneously generate theism.

Forum List

Back