who else here hates the yankees?

well what does that in and of itself mean? when they went went on their tear in the 90s' they didn't buy championships, a lot of those players were from their farm club and came through trades and cast offs, . pettitte, williams, pasoda, jeter mariano etc....o'niel matinez, strawberry...

.....hey stienbrenner spends money,so do the Sox....take the twins, for several years for example the twins had a competitive team, their owner then carl polian took any league shared money sometimes as high as 20 million and pocketed it instead of springing for enough free agents to put them over the top....

when hiezinga ( sp )" bought a team" (then dismantled the marlins afterward due to payroll issues after winning the WS), were you upset then too? The A's had great prospects but no oomph that could have put them over the top to because the Hass family woud not spend on them...nor would they pay to keep anyone ala Giambi etc.

But AGAIN small market teams like the royals,pirates and others cant compete with these big market teams and cant resign players like Jeeter and go after big price players like A Rod who the yankees are the only team that can afford him now.Obviously a yankee fan here.without freaking free agency which has ruined the game,they would never be able to go out and afford Clemons back then who was again instrumental as we both know,to their championships.May Steinbrenner burn in hell for being such a selfish bastard.same with son.

la's not a big market? the bay area? chicago? hey free agency is what the courts said had to happen....tell it to them. Being a fan or not means squat. They won and lost with him there, hello.

all your doing is proving my point FOR ME that the yankees represent everything thats wrong with baseball.:lol::lol: Didnt the white sox just win the world series not too long ago? Didnt the angels and do the same thing? didnt the Giants almost beat the angels in that world series and arent they end the title game to go to series now? havent the red sox won the world series twice in recent years and are they not also one of the highest payrolls in the major leagues? :lol: I rest my case.again all you did was prove my point for me.small marker teams with small payrolls like the royals and pirates,cant compete with these major big market teams with high payrolls like the the teams you and I mentioned.

The twinkees are a joke.the only reason they win the divsion year in and year out is because that division is so weak and someone has to win it.they are a small market team that cant compete though with the big boys once they get to the playoffs. only once in a blue moon do you see a small market team with a low payroll like the rays or coloroda rockies make it the final four because they cant consistantly comepete with these high payroll baseball teams.AGAIN,the yankees are the ONLY team that can afford A-ROD.ESPN said so.and again you ignored my point that teams like the twins,royals and pirates cant afford to keep a high priced great ball player like derek jeeter their whole career. If George Brett was playing THESE days for the royals,no way in hell would he have stayed his entire career with the royals because they cannot afford to keep them.teams like the yankees and those other high market teams CAN!!!:cuckoo:

Next yankee fan do up.you sir have been taken to school and owned. free agency has ruined the game,face it,yankee fans like you,love it,but its horrible for the small market teams.they need to have revenue sharing like the NFL.if the NFL operated like baseball does,no way in hell could small market teams like the green bay packers,pittsburgh steelers,and rams be able to compete in the NFL. of course i dont expect a yankees fan like you to admit any of this.so next yankees fan,step up the plate.

Forum List

Back