who else here hates the yankees?

I do have to give the D-Bags props for the 2001 series though. Probably the most exciting WS I've ever seen (objectively speaking). And to knock the Yankees off their perch in the process, well...it just doesn't get any sweeter than that. :cool:

I do have to give the D-Bags props for the 2001 series though. Probably the most exciting WS I've ever seen (objectively speaking). And to knock the Yankees off their perch in the process, well...it just doesn't get any sweeter than that. :cool:

I could have done without some of the drama, but I did like the part where they played the Yankees song at Chase Field after they beat them. Should have seen the looks the Yankees were giving........What a hoot!:rofl:

I don't necessarily hate the Yankees, but IMO MONEY is what's wrong with baseball, which the Yankees have no shortage of. This is why college ball is so much more exciting, they're playing for love and possibilities, not money. Can't say that I would turn it down if I were offered to play though.

yeah thats exactly why I like college baseball much better as well because they are playing it for love instead of the money.

Support your allegation. How do the Yankees represent everything that's wrong in baseball?

Teams are supposed to be perennial losers, or what?:wtf:

Hmmm you must be from new york cause anybody who ISN'T a yankees fan, understands why they represent everything thats wrong with baseball.Theres no way in hell they would have won those four straight championships in the 90's if they couldnt just go out and buy their players like they did such as Roger Clemens-a huge factor in it all back then,and others they got from free agency no doubt.The yankees are probably the only team in the majors who can afford A-Rod.thats why he is staying there for the love of the money because nobody else can afford him for the most part.Im going by what the announcers were saying in the playoffs last year with the yankees and Indians on if he would stay or not if Steinbreener fired Torre.

Look at Johnny Damon.He won a world series title with the red sox and wanted more money so since the sox wouldnt pay him what he wanted,he left them for the yankees.I laugh my butt off about it now because the sox went on to win another title without him.He got some key hits in the series against the Indians to keep the games close and from being a blowout last year.

small market teams like the royals and twins,they cant afford to develop talent like jeter AND keep them forever like in the old days because of free agency now.Thats why the twins had to let go of Torey Hunter.He signed with ANOTHER high payroll team-the angels.

The days of small market teams developing players and being able to keep them forever are over with now because they cant compete year in and year out with these high market teams.The yankees having the highest payroll in the majors and being in the playoffs every year,represent whats wrong with baseball and why its broken. Back in the 70's and 80's,small market teams like the royals and twins could compete with the yankess year in and year out.not so NOW because unlike in football,they dont have a salary and revenue sharing. The red sox and cardinals,the last two world series winners,are in the upper tier of high salaried teams.

If the NFL was set up the way baseball is,no way in hell would teams like the green bay packers be able to compete with these other teams.they are a small market team but they can compete with teams like the giants and others because of revenue sharing and because they have a salary cap.Thats what baseball needs.otherwise the game is going to continue to suck for generations the way its set up NOW.

Christ, that was 14 years ago. You haven't forgiven yet?

yeah THATS not a valid reason to dislike baseball.people need to get over that,that was a long time ago when that happened.at least I HAVE a valid reason for not liking baseball.I dont like it that these teams like the tigers,white sox and yankees are tearing down their old ballparks and dont care about tradition.:redface: the thing that ruined it for me more than anything else though was when they started that stupid 3 way wild card division race.THAT just ruined the whole thing.It was fine the way it was and perfect.The team that wins first place should go on and be in the playoffs.the one that comes in second,should have to stay home like everybody else.:redface: I hated it the year the red sox won their first world series title.they didnt earn it that year because they finished second and they should have had to stay behind.cause like i said,in the old days,that would not have been good enough,and they would have had to stay behind and miss the playoffs.Thats how it SHOULD be.

I hate the Yankees.

Shouldn't be tough to guess who my team is!

well I assume since your in canada and you made a thread about Tiger Stadium,its the Tigers? Btw,in case you missed it on your thread,Tiger Stadium rulz.That was a great place to play a ballgame.Comerica Park blows and should be blown up.Again thats why I dont like major league baseball anymore.

First the White Sox tear down their classic ballpark,then the Tigers,now the Yankees this year.I saw the final series played that year in Tiger Stadium between the Royals and Tigers and got a t shirt-the last rumble on trumbull.I assume you got one as well?

Before that greedy selfish bastard George Steinbreener tears down Yankee stadium this year,I plan on going up this year to catch the final series ever played in yankee stadium against the Red Sox.Sad that its coming to an end and a tradition will be there no more after this year in New York.:sad: Theres not a stadium in the world that holds more tradition than Yankee Stadium does.

well I assume since your in canada and you made a thread about Tiger Stadium,its the Tigers? Btw,in case you missed it on your thread,Tiger Stadium rulz.That was a great place to play a ballgame.Comerica Park blows and should be blown up.Again thats why I dont like major league baseball anymore.

First the White Sox tear down their classic ballpark,then the Tigers,now the Yankees this year.I saw the final series played that year in Tiger Stadium between the Royals and Tigers and got a t shirt-the last rumble on trumbull.I assume you got one as well?

Before that greedy selfish bastard George Steinbreener tears down Yankee stadium this year,I plan on going up this year to catch the final series ever played in yankee stadium against the Red Sox.Sad that its coming to an end and a tradition will be there no more after this year in New York.:sad: Theres not a stadium in the world that holds more tradition than Yankee Stadium does.

Actually, I'm in England, not Canada. And no, I didn't get to the last game at Tiger Stadium, much to my regret. A friend called me on his cell from the game (it was about 2am in London) so at least I got to 'experience' it.

I always try to see the Tigers when I'm in town. For the world series, I flew in for game 1 (in on Friday evening, out on Sunday, back to work on Monday morning), which was kinda tiring and the result sucked, but I wouldn't trade the memory for the world.

Anyway, I'm moving back to Michigan in July, so my ten year Tiger drought is nearly over. I'm also planning to go see Yankee Stadium in August with a couple of buddies. Hate the team love that ballpark. Only gonna be 2 historic parks left them - Wrigley and Fenway. Great shame, but the power of the almightly dollar drowns out all else.

Man you shouldnt even go see a Tigers game at that piece of crap stadium Comerica Park.I'll NEVER attend a tigers game in detroit again.It was quite an experience at Tiger stadium.I'll never forget the people who kept hitting the beach balls back and forth during the game.LOL.I'll always have that memory in me about it.The thing Im puzzled about is I went to Fenway Park a few years back to see a game between the yankees and red sox because I was under the impression then that they were going to tear Fenway down.I wonder what happened to that.I remember seeing stickers all over bumper cars in boston saying-save fenway park.:eusa_think:

The proof is in the pudding now how the yankees represent everything thats wrong with Baseball.I remember when Johnny Damon was playing for the royals that a friend said to me back then-I love the royals but I just cant get excited about them anymore.Small markets teams like The Royals just cant compete with these Large market teams out there without revenue sharing.Look at Johnny Damon.The Royals arent going to be able to keep him after this year.He'll go off to some major big market team and play for them next year,some team like probably the yankees.well years later,my friend turned out to be a prophet because as we all know,Damon DID go off and play for the yankees later on and won a world series with them a couple years ago.The yankees because they have the highest payroll in baseball,they can afford to go out and sign impact players like A-ROD and C.C. Sabathia and can afford to keep players like Derik Jeeter to resign them. Teams like the Royals,Twins and Pirates they just cant compete with these major big market teams anymore cause of payroll issues.

I had to celebrate when that evil, selfish, greedy bastard George Steinbrenner died recently.I was hoping things would change once that happened.Little did I know his son would take over and that the apple did not fall far from the tree.:mad:

I don't hate the Yankees, but I posses a very serious and severe disliking of them. The Twins usually end up playing and loosing to them in the ALDS. And the A's too. Assholes.

Forum List

Back