White Privilege

Just because you refuse to see something as being a privilege doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

The rich kid who gets a car for his birthday doesnt see the car as privileged. Just sees it as his life.

So when some white kid gets a slap on the wrist they believe thats just how it is. When a black person commits the same crime and gets a harsher sentence that highlights white privilege. But white people either dont hear about the blacks getting harsher sentences or they refuse to believe that happens...and they have to deny it in order to continue to believe there isnt any privilege

Also, racism is when you believe you are better than another race just because of race.

Now how many white people want to tell blacks what problems exist in the black community? And Why do they choose to ignore the problems in their own community?

What you see as white privilege is really reflecting a white majority. Just like there is a Chinese privilege in China and an Italian privilege in Italy.

This whole kerfluffle isn't over privilege it is in giving minorities some sort of privilege to make up for the fact that there is a white majority and will be for many generations to come.

What you see as white privilege is really reflecting a white majority. Just like there is a Chinese privilege in China and an Italian privilege in Italy.

This whole kerfluffle isn't over privilege it is in giving minorities some sort of privilege to make up for the fact that there is a white majority and will be for many generations to come.

Majority and privilege are two diff things.

This whole kerfuffle is over privilege. Has nothing to do with Majority at all.

There is no such thing as white privilege. It was invented as a basis for imposing white guilt and telling white people that they are not entitled to what they worked for.

Also, racism is when you believe you are better than another race just because of race.

Now how many white people want to tell blacks what problems exist in the black community? And Why do they choose to ignore the problems in their own community?

As with everything else, there is racism in all races. Have you seen the "knock out game?" This is all about the black guy knocking out the white guy. Did you read about the number of people who were attacked while the perpetrators said "This is for Trayvon!" The first black person I ever met was in junior high. She was sitting outside the cafeteria crying. I sat down next to her and asked her what was wrong. She said, "Nobody will talk to me because I'm black." I pointed out that I was talking to her and she said, "Yeah, but you're just talking to me because I'm black." Nothing I could say would make her believe I stopped to talk to her because I was trying to help her. The truth is, if you want to see racism, you're going to see it, even if it doesn't exist.

For the record, I stop for anyone I see crying or in trouble. Even stopped the other night because a lady in a wheelchair was all alone and not moving. Turned out she was just waiting for an event at the Church across the street to take place. I apologized as I'm sure she's tired of people stopping to see if she needs help. And BTW, it was dark, when I stopped I couldn't tell if she was black, white, brown or purple.

There is no such thing as white privilege. It was invented as a basis for imposing white guilt and telling white people that they are not entitled to what they worked for.

Personally, I think there's more of a monied privileged class than a white privileged class. That's the reason OJ got off, he had money.

Sure it isnt! If you say it and click your heels it may even come true

The word some of you cannot seem to find to describe ISN'T WHITE previlege.

Its CLASS. kiddies.

I remind you once against that POOR WHITES OUTNUMBER ALL POOR MINORITIES COMBINED!

YA'LL (liberals or conservatives) CAN SHOVE THAT RACIST DEBATE NONSENSE WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE.

The number of poor whites have zero to do with whether whites and blacks are treated differently in America

As with everything else, there is racism in all races. Have you seen the "knock out game?" This is all about the black guy knocking out the white guy. Did you read about the number of people who were attacked while the perpetrators said "This is for Trayvon!" The first black person I ever met was in junior high. She was sitting outside the cafeteria crying. I sat down next to her and asked her what was wrong. She said, "Nobody will talk to me because I'm black." I pointed out that I was talking to her and she said, "Yeah, but you're just talking to me because I'm black." Nothing I could say would make her believe I stopped to talk to her because I was trying to help her. The truth is, if you want to see racism, you're going to see it, even if it doesn't exist.

For the record, I stop for anyone I see crying or in trouble. Even stopped the other night because a lady in a wheelchair was all alone and not moving. Turned out she was just waiting for an event at the Church across the street to take place. I apologized as I'm sure she's tired of people stopping to see if she needs help. And BTW, it was dark, when I stopped I couldn't tell if she was black, white, brown or purple.

Some years ago I was walking through a parking lot next to a "black" church. Despite the fact that hats had gone out of style years ago I was wearing a hat. A group coming toward me had a very elderly black grandmother wearing a monumental hat. A glorious hat. A hat covered with veils and flowers. As we passed, I said "Nice hat", more because she and I were the only two hat wearers within miles. Possibly within the entire city.

I was immediately surrounded by her sons and grandsons accusing me of making a racist attack on their grandmother. I would not have said "nice hat" if she had been white! I was mocking the old black woman for her hat! Not only that, but it was quickly determined that MY hat was racist, because I only wore it near an all black church where black women might be hat wearers. I resolved the controversy by handing over my hat so I wouldn't be racist anymore.

This was a lesson in how ridiculous the race controversy can be and how it can be manipulated into ANY meaning at all.

What the hell is "the black community"?

Some years ago I was walking through a parking lot next to a "black" church. Despite the fact that hats had gone out of style years ago I was wearing a hat. A group coming toward me had a very elderly black grandmother wearing a monumental hat. A glorious hat. A hat covered with veils and flowers. As we passed, I said "Nice hat", more because she and I were the only two hat wearers within miles. Possibly within the entire city.

I was immediately surrounded by her sons and grandsons accusing me of making a racist attack on their grandmother. I would not have said "nice hat" if she had been white! I was mocking the old black woman for her hat! Not only that, but it was quickly determined that MY hat was racist, because I only wore it near an all black church where black women might be hat wearers. I resolved the controversy by handing over my hat so I wouldn't be racist anymore.

This was a lesson in how ridiculous the race controversy can be and how it can be manipulated into ANY meaning at all.

I bet you tell that story to your grand kids with a flashlight under your chin

If you dont know then you shouldnt be in this convo. Start small by looking up the word community. Hope that helps

What do you mean "handing over my hat"?

This thread is like when men try to tell women why they have it easy and vice versa. Both sides have to pretend there is no benefits to being either sex or pretend not to see the advantages one has.

If you dont [sic] know then you shouldnt [sic] be in this convo [sic].

If you can't tell me what you think it is, you shouldn't be spouting off.

One day I was walking along and saw some white guys skateboarding and told them how impressed I was at their skills. Then they surrounded me and enslaved me for 3 months making me watch Tony Hawk and Rage against the Machine Videos until I managed to escape out of a doggie door

Forum List

Back