White Privilege

I really consider myself a human being long before I consider myself either black/white/asian/or any other race.
Something must be really wrong with those on the board that want to spout their race to everyone.
join the human race.

How boilermaker sees the world.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIVtma0fN7w]40 year old virgin - Age of Aquarius/Let the sunshine in - YouTube[/ame]

well, I cant blame the teacher, its true.

My father told me at a young age, as a white male I have certain privileges in this country and I need to be respectful and sensitive to those privileges.

Sage advice.

So daddy taught ya white guilt and how to self-loath...:confused:

It's not guilt or self loathing, it's realizing you have some advantages being a white male and not being arrogant about it.

Except for being better looking and smarter, what are some of those advantages that white males have?

By the same reasoning as "white privilege" one could make the argument of "African American privilege" as opposed to having been born in Africa. In that case, it would seem as though they won the lottery. No, I don't actually believe that. I was just using the same methodology they use to promote the idea of "white privilege" as to show how dumb of an Aagument it is.

well, I cant blame the teacher, its true.

My father told me at a young age, as a white male I have certain privileges in this country and I need to be respectful and sensitive to those privileges.

Sage advice.

So daddy taught ya white guilt and how to self-loath...:confused:

It's not guilt or self loathing, it's realizing you have some advantages being a white male and not being arrogant about it.

It used to go hand-in-hand with noblesse oblige.

What privileges are there? I wasn't aware of the privileges. Tell me some, because I will be the first to bank in on them.

What privileges are there? I wasn't aware of the privileges. Tell me some, because I will be the first to bank in on them.

You will never get a better privilege than this!

Race-Card1.jpg

al-sharpton-race-card.jpg

Damnit, can someone tell me the privileges, all this talk about them, you think someone could mention one to help a cracker out.

Damnit, can someone tell me the privileges, all this talk about them, you think someone could mention one to help a cracker out.

You were more than likely born with two loving parents who likely cared about your upbringing and taught you things like, oh I dunno, don't do anything illegal. Being that you had that opportunity you abstained from drugs and rap musin and have yet to rob a convenience store. 7 out of 10 black children are born out of wedlock, and thus, you have a privilege. This is what liberals consider "white privilege."

Last edited:

You were more than likely born with two loving parents who more than likely cared about your upbringing and taught you things like, oh I dunno, don't do anything illegal. Being that you had that opportunity you abstain from drugs and rap musinc and have yet to rob a convenience store. This is what liberals consider "white privilege."

Also, hasn't reparations already been paid back in the form of medicaid, foodstamps, wic, section 8 etc? That has to be well over a trillion right there. I mean, if we include future debt obligations, tens of trillions.

Even though none of my family owned slaves, shouldn't our collective racial guilt be paid off now? Cause apparently even though my great grandfather came from Italy and worked in cooper mines in the Sierra Nevadas, and the other side of my family worked self sustaining farms in Appalachia, they benefited from slavery. When is the debt paid off?

Last edited:
I remember back when I lived in Houston, I was pulled over and ticketed in the suburb of Bellaire. Google the city of Bellaire and check it out. Wiki has it as being 90+% white and Asian.

Well, I wanted to fight the ticket so I went to the court which was in the evening. The court room was packed full of people there to fight their tickets as well. The racial make up should be about 90+% white and Asian if, on average, those ticketed reflect the racial make-up of the city...right?

Aside from the Judge, an attorney some Mexican lady brought with her, and another defendant, nearly every defendant in the room was black or Hispanic (very few Hispanics by the way). We're talking about 150 defendants and one of them was white, in Bellaire, where 74% of the town is white.

When I hear about White Priviledge, I think it's an antiquated notion but it still exists and, to my mind, it is most prevalent here.

On the flip side of the coin, as many of you may know if you read my posts, I do credentialing for our health system. What that means is that I check to make sure current and prospective future employees have the licenses they say they have, the endorsements they claim, and generally are telling the baseline truth about their qualifications. I get "packets" from HR about each applicant or volunteer. Recently, the packets have started to include the race-based questions we have on the end of our on-line application. The part that wants you to self-identify whether you're white, black, latino, martian or whatever.

I have purposely refused to look at this. It doesn't affect their qualifications at all (alternate languages spoke, written are covered in another part of the application). I'm not in HR but I would bet that the message down there is that they need to have our staff mirror the city of Phoenix meaning hire more Hispanics. BS...I say hire the best person for the job and have your HR staff eliminate race from consideration to the positive or the negative. If the open job has two good candidates, you flip a coin.

Are you trying to say that ALL activities, legal or otherwise, are committed/done by the same proportion as the races in the population as a whole?

Are there 10% black opera singers?
Are there 10% whites in the NBA?
Are there 10% black swimmers in the Olympic Games?
Are there 10% white rap or R&B artists?
Are there 10% blacks in the cabinet of the first (half)black President of the United State?
Are there 10% white fruit pickers in California?
Are there 10% non-Hispanics who refuse to learn English?
Are there 10% of white immigrants who entered the United States illegally?

I could go on, but by now you may see that the activities of people are not necessarily in line with the percentage of their numbers compared to the population as a whole.
When you eliminate skill sets, historical preferences and other extenuating factors it pretty much balances out along societal lines.

The gist was there should have been more than 3 white people in the pool of defendants if the jurisdiction of the police force is the City of Bellaire.

So, come to terms with the FACT that blacks are committing more crimes per capita and that is why you should not have been shocked at what you allegedly saw at traffic court.

You are welcome!

Welcome?

Love it when boys try to act like men. :razz:

Have you ever been "let go with a warning" by the police who pull you over? Do you think as many blacks/Hispanics get let go with the same warning? The Sheriff here in Phoenix was told to stop targeting Hispanics. I'm sure that was just political correctness.

The fact of the matter is that crimes such as traffic violations largely depend on the mood of the police on any given day. One thing I read on Wiki Answers is that 40 times a law is violated before someone is cited for the infraction. How many Drivers on average violate traffic laws over times before they are actually cited You probably sped on the way to work this morning. I know I did.

Are you going to come to grips with your crime and turn yourself in?

I know all about the city of Bellaire and if I do have to drive through that area I'm extra careful to abide by the laws there. I don't speed, I stop at stop signs correctly, I use turn signals, I don't have the sound system of my car blaring....... basically I follow Chris Rocks rules for not getting my ass kicked by the police.

Chris Rock: How not to get your ass kicked by the police | BLUtube

You were more than likely born with two loving parents who more than likely cared about your upbringing and taught you things like, oh I dunno, don't do anything illegal. Being that you had that opportunity you abstain from drugs and rap musinc and have yet to rob a convenience store. This is what liberals consider "white privilege."

Also, hasn't reparations already been paid back in the form of medicaid, foodstamps, wic, section 8 etc? That has to be well over a trillion right there. I mean, if we include future debt obligations, tens of trillions.

Even though none of my family owned slaves, shouldn't our collective racial guilt be paid off now? Cause apparently even though my great grandfather came from Italy and worked in cooper mines in the Sierra Nevadas, and the other side of my family worked self sustaining farms in Appalachia, they benefited from slavery. When is the debt paid off?

According to the same methodology used to justify white privilege (Of which I disagree), they got reparations as soon as modern African Americans were born in any place other than Africa. Indeed, living in an economically flourishing civilization that whitey created from basing all of his principles on individual liberties and rule of law certainly makes up for where they otherwise would be without their ancestors having been enslaved and brought to the US. Once again this is using the same methodology as those who justify "white privilege." I agree with none of it.

Are you trying to say that ALL activities, legal or otherwise, are committed/done by the same proportion as the races in the population as a whole?

Are there 10% black opera singers?
Are there 10% whites in the NBA?
Are there 10% black swimmers in the Olympic Games?
Are there 10% white rap or R&B artists?
Are there 10% blacks in the cabinet of the first (half)black President of the United State?
Are there 10% white fruit pickers in California?
Are there 10% non-Hispanics who refuse to learn English?
Are there 10% of white immigrants who entered the United States illegally?

I could go on, but by now you may see that the activities of people are not necessarily in line with the percentage of their numbers compared to the population as a whole.
When you eliminate skill sets, historical preferences and other extenuating factors it pretty much balances out along societal lines.

The gist was there should have been more than 3 white people in the pool of defendants if the jurisdiction of the police force is the City of Bellaire.

So, come to terms with the FACT that blacks are committing more crimes per capita and that is why you should not have been shocked at what you allegedly saw at traffic court.

You are welcome!

Welcome?

Have you ever been "let go with a warning" by the police who pull you over? Do you think as many blacks/Hispanics get let go with the same warning? The Sheriff here in Phoenix was told to stop targeting Hispanics. I'm sure that was just political correctness.

The fact of the matter is that crimes such as traffic violations largely depend on the mood of the police on any given day. One thing I read on Wiki Answers is that 40 times a law is violated before someone is cited for the infraction. How many Drivers on average violate traffic laws over times before they are actually cited You probably sped on the way to work this morning. I know I did.

I know all about the city of Bellaire and if I do have to drive through that area I'm extra careful to abide by the laws there. I don't speed, I stop at stop signs correctly, I use turn signals, I don't have the sound system of my car blaring....... basically I follow Chris Rocks rules for not getting my ass kicked by the police.

The real cause of black failure.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvFG6jH_ocY]Dinesh D'Souza says racism is not the cause of black failure - YouTube[/ame]

Welcome?

The real cause of black failure.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvFG6jH_ocY]Dinesh D'Souza says racism is not the cause of black failure - YouTube[/ame]

Seems I've missed most of these posts, but I will say that both times in my life that I've been pulled over by cops, I've been ticketed immediately. No warnings for me.

According to the same methodology used to justify white privilege (Of which I disagree), they got reparations as soon as modern African Americans were born in any place other than Africa. Indeed, living in an economically flourishing civilization that whitey created from basing all of his principles on individual liberties and rule of law certainly makes up for where they otherwise would be without their ancestors having been enslaved and brought to the US. Once again this is using the same methodology as those who justify "white privilege." I agree with none of it.

Privilege is simply a way for people to externalize problems that come from internal issues so they don’t have to address them.

Forum List

Back