Real Racism

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
How about a look at real racism, it being Martin Luther King's birthday...

1. Many believe that a college education is a high rung on the ladder to success. Still…it’s not one of the unalienable rights, such as life, liberty or the pursuit of happiness. Yet, if the bar to college is based on ethnicity, well, that sticks in the craw of American values. Speaking of which, the progressive value, diversity, has become somewhat of a bar if the ethnicity in question is Asian.

2. As of the 2010 census, there are almost 15 million Asians in the nation, 4.8% of the population. http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-11.pdf

3. If a college or university uses racially-blind methodology, Asians are overrepresented in science and math departments. California Institute of Technology (Caltech), is such, and as a result, it is 40% Asian. Office of the Registrar - California Institute of Technology

4. In “No Longer Separate, Not Yet Equal: Race and Class in Elite College Admission and Campus Life by Thomas J. Espenshade and Alexandria Walton Radford, the authors looked at college applications from 1997, when the maximum score was 1600…

a. African-American students with scores of 1100 had the same chance of getting into an elite school as white students who had a score of 1410…but Asian-Americans needed a 1550 SATscore. http://press.princeton.edu/blog/201...nst-college-applications-from-asian-students/

b. Can you recognize ‘racism’?

5. Residents of Austin, Texas, jokingly refer to their city as ‘San Francisco, Texas, due to its progressive bent. At the University of Texas- Austin, several students sued for bias, saying that racial profiling was used as a criteria for admission.

a. “A race-conscious admissions program at the University of Texas has passed its latest legal test. Five of the judges issued a stinging dissent that said the three-member panel had given "total deference to University administrators" when it should have applied "strict scrutiny" to the use of affirmative action. The plaintiffs, two white students who were denied admission, are expected to appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court…the U.S. Constitution abhors racial preferences," Appeals court lets race-based admissions at UT stand | www.statesman.com

b. The question that faces us revolves around the fact that we are faced with the results of a world view that puts ideological values ahead of excellence.

c. “ Science, which requires the best and the brightest, is clearly at risk when schools put social engineering ahead of ability.”
Berezow and Campbell, “Science Left Behind, “ p.179.

6. And, this same group, receiving less than fair treatment by educators….fares even less well with other students. “Asian Americans endure far more bullying at US schools than members of other ethnic groups, with teenagers of the community three times as likely to face taunts on the Internet, new data shows…. The research, to be released on Saturday, found that 54 percent of Asian American teenagers said they were bullied in the classroom, sharply above the 31.3 percent of whites who reported being picked on. The figure was 38.4 percent for African Americans and 34.3 percent for Hispanics, a government researcher involved in the data analysis told AFP. He requested anonymity because the data has not been made public. The data comes from a 2009 survey supported by the US Justice Department and Education Department which interviewed some 6,500 students from ages 12 to 18. Asian Americans are generally defined as tracing ancestry to East Asia, the Indian subcontinent or the South Pacific. AFP: Asian Americans most bullied in US schools: study

But….when getting elected is more important than supporting America's values….this is what you get.

Thank goodness, President Barack Obama has made numerous attempts, countless speeches in an attempt to smooth the path for Asian-Americans....

...oh...wait......

i think it's amusing that an asian uses a blonde, blue eyed avatar, and then whines about perceived racism towards asians.
is she wrong ?? no she is not !! but people like you don't care as long as your loyal voter race [blacks] are given a free pass !

how long did it take them to unwrap the umbilical cord from your neck?
not as long as it took them to drag you out with a cloths hanger.

i think it's amusing that an asian uses a blonde, blue eyed avatar, and then whines about perceived racism towards asians.

there does seem to be a bit of cognitive dissonance in that, doesn't there?

i would also point out, since PC is from NYC, that in the top testing schools in NY, Stuyvescent, Brooklyn Tech, etc...Asians are way over-represented. I suspect that holds true for the technical colleges like MIT, RIT Stevens, etc.

So I'm not quite sure what she's raging against. Is she upset that schools don't want to only have one type of student? Is she upset that other factors are taken into consideration in admissions policies?

Mostly, why is someone who (for some incomprehensible reason) homeschools her kids, concerned about this?

Last edited:

i would also point out, since PC is from NYC, that in the top testing schools in NY, Stuyvescent, Brooklyn Tech, etc...Asians are way over-represented. I suspect that holds true for the technical colleges like MIT, RIT Stevens, etc.

So I'm not quite sure what she's raging against. Is she upset that schools don't want to only have one type of student? Is she upset that other factors are taken into consideration in admissions policies?

Mostly, why is someone who (for some incomprehensible reason) homeschools her kids, concerned about this?

Did you wish to comment on the factual nature of the OP?
No?

I wonder why?

Oh...because ideology trumps America's values with folks like you.

Per your last blurb, PC, I'm glad to see you speak out against "racism" against Muslim cultures.

No?

I wonder why?

Per your last blurb, PC, I'm glad to see you speak out against "racism" against Muslim cultures.

No?

I wonder why?

I did comment on it. Did I upset you with the notion that you weren't anti-Muslim?

1. No, you made no reference to the institutional anti-Asian bias afoot, nor the way the President has ignored same....you used it as an excuse to burnish your liberal creds.

2.Hate to burst your bubble...but, no you never upset me.

because she's ok with that?

Your slander aside, don't you have anything to say about the institutional anti-Asian bias afoot, nor the way the President has ignored same?

Nothing?

Hey...what kind of Liberal are you???

Oh....one of those.

US Dept of Education looking into discrimination of Asian Americans at Harvard and Princeton.

US Dept of Civil Rights coughed up a study detailing how Asian Americans are discriminated against.

I wouldn't say that is doing "nothing" as you claim, PC.

I have to wonder why you are only concerned with AA discrimination.

US Dept of Education looking into discrimination of Asian Americans at Harvard and Princeton.

US Dept of Civil Rights coughed up a study detailing how Asian Americans are discriminated against.

I wouldn't say that is doing "nothing" as you claim, PC.

I have to wonder why you are only concerned with AA discrimination.

You still haven't come down on 'for' or 'against.'

Hedging?

I don't have to wonder why you aren't concerned with Asian-American's battle against discrimination.

No?

I wonder why?

she did

for an asian, you're pretty stupid

Forum List

Back