Which state, Texas or North Carolina, will turn Blue first?

1,10, and 12 districts were created by Democrats.

This is not accurate. The districts were redrawn to include more democratic voters in 2010. Their Cook index scores all moved quite significantly further into the Democrat's column. The surrounding districts all became much less competitive and safer for Republicans.

The 2nd NC district is a prime example of this. In the 2010 GOP wave election the district "barely" went for the GOP's candidate (Ellmers), in 2012 it was much more safe despite being a much more friendly year for Democrats.

2nd District PVI ratings:
  • 2012: 40D / 60R
  • 2010: 49D / 51R

Also it's not just the three blue districts that make it gerrymandered, it's also how the other districts are drawn that crack democrat voters as well.
District 12 was drawn up by democrats in the 90's moistly blacks in that district looks like as drunk man tried to make a road and failed
tDCYwVx.png

That district helps Republicans win other districts, why would it be gerrymandered by the Dems?

North Carolina is now officially a swing state. Texas? No. Democrats need to run bonafide centrists in Texas to make gains.

Yes. Despite all the DNC wish lists re hispanic voters, in Texas the hispanic vote doesn't turn out for candidates like Infanticide Barbie or homosexual privilege platforms, they stay home. This costs the Dems straight party voters in the state-wide races. The trends in Texas are that the indie voters are going for Abbot and Patrick. They're hardly 'centrists', except when compared to Barbie, they become the 'lesser of two evils'. The split in the Lt. Gov race pretty much mirrors the Governor's race. The gerry-mandering the state Republicans did here a few years earlier than the norm helped some local candidates, but it won't play a role in the state-wide races.

Texas is far more important on the national level than North Carolina is. A few seats changing hands in the Senate won't make any big difference, despite the hype given to it. I'm guessing the GOP candidate will win there by a small margin, but I wouldn't bet money on such a tight race.

The last tight race I bet on was the Bush-Gore battle, and I guessed right and made a ton of money on the outcome of that bet, but I would never again bet on such a tight race. I didn't vote for either of them, I wrote in Nader, but I bet my money in the markets on Bush winning. No sense in being stupid and letting some ideology trump reality when it comes to politics.

Last edited:
I'm not a doctor, but I can recognize someone who is irrational as well as anybody.

Quite the irony coming from someone who is a member of a party who thinks Republicans are denying black people and Hispanics the right to vote. Last time I checked, that's illegal.

So, I wonder if you could tell me in what manner those evil Republicans are carrying out such a plan?

If I told you, you wouldn't believe it, but you might believe The Pennsylvania republican house leader.

You seem to think he speaks for the entire party! You fail.

Vacationing in NC now. Shocked at the number of Hispanics I see. WOW.....NC will be dark Blue by 2016.

Yeah it's never hard to find Mexican food here. :thup:

Don't like Mexican, but watched a half dozen coming out of Walmart! Especially since they found they can attend UNC and not have to go to class.
oh so you were in one of the few liberal hell holes in North Carolina? Don't get your jollies over that Chapel hill, Durham and Cary does not represent North Carolina

Wrong again Wonderboy! Hispanics prefer the warm coast.:banana:
There is only one college refereed to as UNC in North Carolina dumb ass.

And that is not where I am. I made the comment about UNC to show u how inept your state is. The Hispanics will make it better. Make the racist like u move......:badgrin:

North Carolina is now officially a swing state. Texas? No. Democrats need to run bonafide centrists in Texas to make gains.

You're right Texas still has a way to go, but we'll get there. We are now working on the long game, and as far down in the republican slime as we are, it will still be a while, but gains are being seen. Once we break the death grip on all the republican redistricting, and break free of all the voter suppression, we will be blue. The thing about Texas turning blue is with so many electoral votes here in Texas, there will never be another republican president. That's why they are fighting us so hard. That's why we are fighting so hard too.

I'm not a doctor, but I can recognize someone who is irrational as well as anybody.

Quite the irony coming from someone who is a member of a party who thinks Republicans are denying black people and Hispanics the right to vote. Last time I checked, that's illegal.

So, I wonder if you could tell me in what manner those evil Republicans are carrying out such a plan?

If I told you, you wouldn't believe it, but you might believe The Pennsylvania republican house leader.

Well, since he is the republican house leader in Pennsylvania, yeah, I'd say he speaks for the whole party in Pennsylvania. All the other republican states are doing the same thing, so it's not unreasonable to think they are doing it for the same reason. I only showed one video of one republican official. Do a little research, and you will easily find more videos of more republican officials across the country who say the same thing.

You're right Texas still has a way to go, but we'll get there. We are now working on the long game, and as far down in the republican slime as we are, it will still be a while, but gains are being seen. Once we break the death grip on all the republican redistricting, and break free of all the voter suppression, we will be blue. The thing about Texas turning blue is with so many electoral votes here in Texas, there will never be another republican president. That's why they are fighting us so hard. That's why we are fighting so hard too.

Yeah, sure thing comrade, keep telling yourself that.

District 12 remained from the 90's until it was changed in 2011 you can't pick and choose on this so shut the hell up

???

That's exactly what I'm saying, the borders were redrawn in 2011...
So your complaining that the Republicans changed the gerrymandering of the democrats?

In 2012 the GOP lost the popular vote in NC for the house district but won far more seats then the Democrats, the Gerrymander the GOP did in 2011 is far far worse then anything the Democrats did.

Well, since he is the republican house leader in Pennsylvania, yeah, I'd say he speaks for the whole party in Pennsylvania. All the other republican states are doing the same thing, so it's not unreasonable to think they are doing it for the same reason. I only showed one video of one republican official. Do a little research, and you will easily find more videos of more republican officials across the country who say the same thing.

You only let those gerrymandering accusations fly when your party is doing badly in an election or in the polls. But hey, the districts are drawn fine when your party wins or is winning.

No. No research, only common sense.

You only let those gerrymandering accusations fly when your party is doing badly in an election or in the polls. But hey, the districts are drawn fine when your party wins or is winning.

So you, as a citizen, support gerrymandering?

District 12 remained from the 90's until it was changed in 2011 you can't pick and choose on this so shut the hell up

???

So your complaining that the Republicans changed the gerrymandering of the democrats?

In 2012 the GOP lost the popular vote in NC for the house district but won far more seats then the Democrats, the Gerrymander the GOP did in 2011 is far far worse then anything the Democrats did.

Though, you don't make any effort to find out how much gerrymandering the Democrats did. Objectivity is a lost art to you folks.

???

Though, you don't make any effort to find out how much gerrymandering the Democrats did. Objectivity is a lost art to you folks.

Regardless of who does it, do you support the political process of gerrymandering?

I can tell you have done no research on Texas redistricting. I suggest you Google "Tom Delay Redistricting". That will give you a much better understanding of Texas politics and why we are as we are now.

Iowa Congressional districting without gerrymandering. Two Democrat, Two Republican

Iowa_Congressional_Districts_with_Counties,_2012-2022.svg

So you, as a citizen, support gerrymandering?

No. I support districts being drawn by a nonpartisan panel, or perhaps a group of Judges. No state should ever be gerrymandered to the extent that Texas is by either party.

Iowa Congressional districting without gerrymandering. Two Democrat, Two Republican

Iowa_Congressional_Districts_with_Counties,_2012-2022.svg

I invite you to take a peak at the current Texas district map. When the latest redistricting was put in place, the state was sued with a claim that the redistricting limited the black and Hispanic vote. When it went to court, AG Gregg Abbot, who is presently the republican nominee for Governor, arrogantly argued that yes, it did limit black and Hispanic vote, but the purpose of redistricting was to maximize the weight of Republican voters and minimize the voting strength of Democrats. The minority suppression was just coincidental.
http://sblog.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Texas-reply-on-Sec.-3-of-VRA-8-5-13.pdf

Forum List

Back