Which state, Texas or North Carolina, will turn Blue first?

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
Who will decide who wins the U.S. Senate race in N.C. Don t count out Latino voters Fox News Latino

We all know what the demographics in Texas are turning it into a blue state, but not until recently did I realize that North Carolina is also in danger of turning blue. I think Texas will turn first because the old " Jessie Helms" republicans have not all dies out in North Carolina.

Which do you think will turn Blue first, Texas or North Carolina?

Since I am sure that some of you dedicated to Red States will say neither. Whatever makes you sleep better at night....:eusa_whistle:

What qualifies as "turning blue"? North Cackalackee is purpler than you might think. We went barely-blue in the 2008 POTUS election and barely-red in 2012. Our blue Senator who's on the ballot is holding her own.

The Jesse Helms types are few and far between these daze. I'm not a native North Carolinian; I'm here by choice. If it were as backward as all that I wouldn't have made that choice.

Perhaps you're thinking of South Carolina... :death:

What qualifies as "turning blue"? North Cackalackee is purpler than you might think. We went barely-blue in the 2008 POTUS election and barely-red in 2012. Our blue Senator who's on the ballot is holding her own.

The Jesse Helms types are few and far between these daze. I'm not a native North Carolinian; I'm here by choice. If it were as backward as all that I wouldn't have made that choice.

Perhaps you're thinking of South Carolina... :death:

Good Points! Yes, NC has come a long way in the last few years.

Lol, perhaps you haven't looked at the polls lately. Wendy Davis is losing badly to Greg Abbott, Kay Hagan once led Thom Tillis by 14 points in January, now she is in a statistical tie. Tell you what, neither of those states will turn blue.

Lol, perhaps you haven't looked at the polls lately. Wendy Davis is losing badly to Greg Abbott, Kay Hagan once led Thom Tillis by 14 points in January, now she is in a statistical tie. Tell you what, neither of those states will turn blue.
Kay Hagan's husband pocketing Stimulus bucks probably didn't help her.

But she may win, ignorance is powerful in NC.

North Carolina is almost blue right now

Texas I look to turn blue in the next 20 years. With a growing Hispanic population and an influx of voters from blue states the days of a solid red Texas are numbered

They ain't turning blue, they is turnin' brown as in shitskin mexican illegal invader brown.

Blue? Dream on.
Meanwhile Colorado is going back to red. Looks like the Dems overplayed their hand and are now experiencing backlash.

Blue? Dream on.
Meanwhile Colorado is going back to red. Looks like the Dems overplayed their hand and are now experiencing backlash.

:badgrin: Yeah cause we all know how marijuana is so dear to every republican's heart. Grow a brain rabbit.

Blue? Dream on.

:badgrin: Yeah cause we all know how marijuana is so dear to every republican's heart. Grow a brain rabbit.
Yeah because marijuana is the only issue voters care about.
Go fuck yourself.

Voter ID will turn NY, CA and IL red

You realize that the number of blacks that the GOP has kept from voting with their voter ID [ush will be offset by the number of old people who usually vote repub, but show up without an ID. So basically, your statement admits that most repubs feel that voter ID was initiated to keep the poor and minorities from voting. That is might republican of you!

But the GOP last ditch effort is short lived, just like their gerrymandering every ten years. You and your party have my condolences. Enjoy November 2014. The Last Rodeo...

North Carolina was never "red."

You mean Jesse Helms, whose name on roads in NC make me sick, was a figment of my imagination?

You're right, Jim. One Republican Senator makes the whole state red. Boy, you sure showed me. You're such an intellectual. I simply can't keep up.

I had no idea Maine was such a fringe right wing state, what, with Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe dominating the political landscape there for 20 years. :rolleyes:

North Carolina was never "red."

You mean Jesse Helms, whose name on roads in NC make me sick, was a figment of my imagination?
I guess that make Massachusetts a red state too since Romney was governor and Brown a senator.

Seriously, you have to wonder how stupid and/or desperate the lefties here are to post crap like that. It's like they just write the first thing that comes into theior minds.

Forum List

Back