Which of these terms best describes Bush?

Which of these terms best describes Bush?

• Total voters
I went with "other". He's an ordinary man who is in a position to do great things. I am optimistic.

NOt a genius, but obviously intelligent and I truly believe that he is TRYING to do the right thing. I chose other.

I too chose other. He is a genuine man who has chosen many of the right people to be in the right place at the right time.

no1tovote4 said:
I too chose other. He is a genuine man who has chosen many of the right people to be in the right place at the right time.

Which take intelligence to do.

I chose other as well, because I do think he is a great man, he is also quite the ordinary man doing great things that he never expected to. It was after he became president and after 9/11 that he found his purpose and his mission.

I gotta admit, in the past I have thought him a lovable dork and sometimes worse. However, when his goals and objectives are analyzed, he's played the game brilliantly. He may not be a 'genius' but he has enough of it to get the right people, the right messages, and push them through.

He's a good guy. Not sure that I would quite give him the "great" label, although if he pushes through SS reform, I would rethink that.

Kathianne said:
I gotta admit, in the past I have thought him a lovable dork and sometimes worse. However, when his goals and objectives are analyzed, he's played the game brilliantly. He may not be a 'genius' but he has enough of it to get the right people, the right messages, and push them through.

You know what else he has Kathianne, principals and integrity for which I think even his own father was lacking.

Bonnie said:
You know what else he has Kathianne, principals and integrity for which I think even his own father was lacking.

Not if he truly was Deep Throat. It may be Integrity runs in the family...

In that sense yes..Mainly I was referring to Bush senior's willingness to play politics at times where as his son seems very rooted in what he thinks is right, and then staying the course politics be damned. That's just my take on him. Im sure many would say to be a good politician your supposed to cave in to political pressures and be more flexible.

Kathianne said:

See, he is clear in his goals and objectives:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050208/ap_on_go_co/limiting_lawsuits

Bush Close to Getting Limits on Lawsuits

54 minutes ago Politics - U. S. Congress

By JESSE J. HOLLAND, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - Congress is close to making it easier for corporations to dodge many of the class-action lawsuits that businesses say are bankrupting them while rewarding lawyers and doing little to help victims.

The measure, headed for a vote this week in the Senate and probably next week in the House, would be the first fulfillment of one of President Bush (news - web sites)'s priorities for his second term. But a fragile compromise could come unglued if senators make changes in the bill, such as giving federal judges a little more discretion to keep lawsuits alive.

"If the Senate passes any amendment, then they are jeopardizing" it, House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, R-Texas, said Tuesday.

Opponents of the legislation say it would only hurt average citizens and let big business escape multimillion-dollar judgments for wrongdoing.

But Bush, echoing business leaders' complaints, says a judicial system that lets lawyers look for friendly forums in state courts for "junk lawsuits" is tilted against corporate defendants. "Justice is distorted, and our economy is held back, by irresponsible class actions," he said in his State of the Union speech last week...

nakedemperor said:
You ticked me for voting "idiot" on a poll that YOU made? :finger3:

LOL! That's kind of like hunting in a baited field, isn't it? Or dynamite fishing?

Two of my faves, BTW.

musicman said:
LOL! That's kind of like hunting in a baited field, isn't it? Or dynamite fishing?

Two of my faves, BTW.

If you're a Family Guy fan, how about the S.W.A.T. team-cum-pest control company..

grenades in the walls!!

nakedemperor said:
If you're a Family Guy fan, how about the S.W.A.T. team-cum-pest control company..

grenades in the walls!!

LOL - haven't seen the show, but it puts a scary picture in mind!

Forum List

Back