Which Are Your Biggest Presidential-Election Disappointments In Your Lifetime...

bayoubill

aka Sheik Yerbouti...
Dec 30, 2008
Cajun Country
top of the list for me was Carter beating Ford... even though he had his problems, I thought Ford was a decent guy with his head screwed on straight... and I thought Carter would be a disaster if he got elected...

second on the list for me was Bush beating Kerry... I sure didn't like Kerry, but I was supremely pissed at Bush for the whole Iraq misadventure... still am...

Last edited:
My first election season was the Carter Ford deal. It was so close. I thought Carter would be a bad deal. I was not prepared for just how bad.

bayou - how did u get crusaderfrank in your avatar picking his nose?

anyho0, i didnt* follow politics early in life, not until like i dunno 2006 or so.....but i was glad to have obama over mccain, and now am not glad at any candidate running incl. obama

Last edited:

anyho0, i did follow politics early in life, not until like i dunno 2006 or so.....but i was glad to have obama over mccain, and now am not glad at any candidate running incl. obama

I think I have precedence over CF regarding anything to do with Frank Zappa...

the rest of you post makes no sense to me...

anyho0, i did follow politics early in life, not until like i dunno 2006 or so.....but i was glad to have obama over mccain, and now am not glad at any candidate running incl. obama

my did was sposed to say didnt. its perfect internetz english now, and incl is including.

I can't say I was disappointed in Carter over Bush. It was my first time voting for POTUS and being the ignorant young man that I was, I voted for him.

Obama winning in 2008 was clearly the biggest disappointment for me even if I knew it would happen. I'm prepared to be disappointed again this year.

my did was sposed to say didnt. its perfect internetz english now, and incl is including.

nfi what you just posted...

I can't say I was disappointed in Carter over Bush. It was my first time voting for POTUS and being the ignorant young man that I was, I voted for him.

Obama winning in 2008 was clearly the biggest disappointment for me even if I knew it would happen. I'm prepared to be disappointed again this year.

"Carter over Bush"...? what alternative universe do you live in...?

nfi what you just posted...

he said he had a typo. he said he "did get involved in politics" instead of saying he "didn't get involved in politics...". he then said he was glad obama beat mccain but isn't happy with anyone running now, including obama.

seemed like perfectly fine english to me. :)

McGovern losing, Reagan winning, Nixon over Hubert, Booosh were the worst. no matter what idiot dupes think. Nixon, Reagan, and Booosh were scandal ridden disasters- We're lucky Reagan didn't screw up Gorby at home and bring back hardliners. Peace candidates like Nixon and Boosh? Horrible.
John Andersen and Ted ruined Carter.
The dupes are still waiting for small gov't, family values,national security, and abortion reform from their lying, bought off thieves. Idiots. Pubs have almost ruined our great society. see sig pp1.

Last edited:
McGovern losing, Reagan winning, Nixon over Hubert, Booosh were the worst. no matter what idiot dupes think. Nixon, Reagan, and Booosh were scandal ridden disasters- We're lucky Reagan didn't screw up Gorby at home and bring back hardliners. Peace candidates like Nixon and Boosh? Horrible.
John Andersen and Ted ruined Carter.
The dupes are still waiting for small gov't, family values,national security, and abortion reform from their lying, bought off liars. Idiots. Pubs have almost ruined our great society. see sig pp1.
I disagree on Nixon; in hindsight, he brought down the Soviet Union, not Ronnie the napper. Reagan was obviously a disaster, BUT, enough Americans liked his grinning, mediocre IQ speeches, and cheerful falsehoods that he may have been good for the NATION*.

*I do not assert that what I prefer is always best for the nation.

Forum List

Back