Where Is The 'friend' Button?

Where do you see followers, Zoom? I didn't notice that.

What Saveliberty said. Who you 'follow' are your 'friends' from before the change. You can also be 'followed', those two numbers don't necessarily have to match.

But you don't get asked if you would like so-and-so to follow you, like before.

Yes, I liked being able to friend back. I thought it was automatic in this system, but I see you are right.

I am not following anyone. I looked. How can I tell if I am being followed? I see ignore but I do not see followers. I am not looking for followers. I deleted all the friend stuff before I came over here transitioning to new board. So maybe that is why there is nothing there.

Traditionally you determine someone is following you by taking four consecutive left turns. If they are still there, they are following you.

I had a cat that liked the outside of an Oreo every now and again. No harm. Aspirin on the other hand, not a good idea.

I have never given them any aspirin. I always take them to their doctor. They are like children. I do not take any chances with them. I want the doctor to look at them and give them whatever they need. Once he gives them their medicines I pray for them. But that is it. I find it interesting that you had a cat that liked the chocolate off the oreo cookie. That is how my cats are! They have a little sweet tooth! My baby cat is a very light eater! She will eat a tiny bit of cooked salmon and love it but when she is done? She is done. You cannot coax her to eat more. She will just walk away.

Mrs. Liberty is not an indoor pet fan. Once my last cat passed, I decided to respect her wishes. I would very much love to have another.

Go to your profile page and look on the left side Jeremiah.

I have 62 people following me! I didn't even know it! It looks like the same people I friended on USMB although I am not sure - its a long list - I deleted all the friends thing on the old board because it was time consuming and kind of a mystery to me! I said, Lord have mercy! Let me delete the entire thing and just not mess with it. It looks like they re - attached themselves - or something. I do not care - I just am not keeping up with it.

Mrs. Liberty is not an indoor pet fan. Once my last cat passed, I decided to respect her wishes. I would very much love to have another.

Then I will pray for God to send you another. He will do that. He knows the exact perfect cat for you. The best cats are the ones the LORD sends you. I cannot tell you what a blessing both my cats have been and both of them were given to me by Him. The first one was homeless and bigger than a kitten but smaller than a small cat and she was running with a pack of cats in a church parking lot at night. I told the LORD if you have that cat walk up to me I will consider it mine - even though I know my husband will have a fit when he finds out. The cat walked right up to me! Then the Pastors wife said to me it looks like that cat wants you to take it home with you! If you want the cat just bring it with you I do not mind! Well, I was driving with her in her SUV and my husband was with her husband so I said that is all the sign I need! This cat is mine! So I picked up the cat and brought it with us!

Then we got to my car and met her husband and mine and I had already decided to name the cat, Ezekiel because I thought it was a male cat. So the first thing my husband said is what is that?! I said to him, this is my cat! Meet Zeke! My husband was not happy but I took Zeke home with me and he turned out to not be a boy but a girl so I named her Essie and her full name is Esther the Queen as she is the Queen of our land and house. She is regal right down to her purrrrrrrfect little toes.

The second cat was a 1/2 pound ball of fur and she got bumped in her hind leg by a duelie truck while crossing in front of traffic ( three vehicles in front of me) and she rolled like a tiny ball into a double yellow lane with cars flying both ways! I made a left turn and turned around on the highway and stopped my car right there and swung my door open and stopped the traffic and told everyone stop! There is a animal in the road! They stopped behind me but the ones on other side of road kept going - and the woman behind me yelled it is under your back wheel! It scurried from the double yellow lines to behind my back wheel of my car - I found her - a 1/2 pound soaked kitten and put her in the back floor board of my car and drove her home. She was wet from the rain and looked like a little drowned rat. She was so small she had to be fed special which someone here helped me with and I appreciated very much. Then my husband said that cat cannot stay but of course she did - I thought she was a male too but she wasn't - I still decided to call her Elijah because she is as fast as lightning. Anyhow - both cats have turned out to the be the most perfect fit personality wise and my husband cannot imagine life without them. He is that attached to both of them. So it was perfect timing as all of our animals had died of old age or illness and my husband said we would not be getting any more animals.
Needless to say...... he was wrong. :smile:

Started helping a few stray kitties last year. At first they were all fearful of people. They all like me now. Even get a squirrel and skunk that feed sometimes. I've only gotten within eight feet of the skunk so far. I wonder if it will let me pet it? Going slow on that one.

Smart idea, I would say! :)

I've never had any encounters with a skunk. I had a pet bird that was a Gunieau ( can't spell the word ) and it was the noisiest bird! Oh my gosh! I do not know what happened to him. My bull may have stomped him out in the field. He doesn't like intrusions and can get a bit territorial. I never did see so much as a feather though. So I do not know. As for the kittens - yes wild animals take time to acclimate to you and know that you are going to not harm them. Living in the wild is a rough existence - they are on their guard - kind of like homeless people who have been surviving the streets for awhile- it is brutal out there - they have been through it. (and then some!) So their personality changes.

I have some deer in the winter who are not bothered by my presence and know who I am and they are not tame - they are definitely wild - if I were you I would talk to that skunk first. Make sure he is not in fear of you but take authority over him and let him know he will not be spraying around you! Ever. You will not put up with that. Just tell him - don't scream at him but just have a talk with him and let him know Psalm 8 put you in charge - not the other way around. He'll have to line up with the Word on that. Animals can understand us - just talk to him and let him know you are willing to share your space with him and that he is welcome to come around and enjoy your company. I'm sure he will appreciate it.

Started helping a few stray kitties last year. At first they were all fearful of people. They all like me now. Even get a squirrel and skunk that feed sometimes. I've only gotten within eight feet of the skunk so far. I wonder if it will let me pet it? Going slow on that one.

Smart idea, I would say! :)

I've never had any encounters with a skunk. I had a pet bird that was a Gunieau ( can't spell the word ) and it was the noisiest bird! Oh my gosh! I do not know what happened to him. My bull may have stomped him out in the field. He doesn't like intrusions and can get a bit territorial. I never did see so much as a feather though. So I do not know. As for the kittens - yes wild animals take time to acclimate to you and know that you are going to not harm them. Living in the wild is a rough existence - they are on their guard - kind of like homeless people who have been surviving the streets for awhile- it is brutal out there - they have been through it. (and then some!) So their personality changes.

I have some deer in the winter who are not bothered by my presence and know who I am and they are not tame - they are definitely wild - if I were you I would talk to that skunk first. Make sure he is not in fear of you but take authority over him and let him know he will not be spraying around you! Ever. You will not put up with that. Just tell him - don't scream at him but just have a talk with him and let him know Psalm 8 put you in charge - not the other way around. He'll have to line up with the Word on that. Animals can understand us - just talk to him and let him know you are willing to share your space with him and that he is welcome to come around and enjoy your company. I'm sure he will appreciate it.

Have to watch out for rabid animals though!

Just not comfortable with follower. Seems like I should start a religion or created a stalker. I have always been concerned about how it looks when you friend a female. Now I'm a follower? Creepy!
Now there'sa tab for new profile posts...that's really stalkerish creepy

I had a cat that liked the outside of an Oreo every now and again. No harm. Aspirin on the other hand, not a good idea.

I have never given them any aspirin. I always take them to their doctor. They are like children. I do not take any chances with them. I want the doctor to look at them and give them whatever they need. Once he gives them their medicines I pray for them. But that is it. I find it interesting that you had a cat that liked the chocolate off the oreo cookie. That is how my cats are! They have a little sweet tooth! My baby cat is a very light eater! She will eat a tiny bit of cooked salmon and love it but when she is done? She is done. You cannot coax her to eat more. She will just walk away.

I used to have a cat that liked coleslaw, and another that liked olives! :lol: That's not normal food for cats!

aspirins are a bad idea for cats

unless you are tying to bump one off

I've heard that you're not supposed to give dogs chocolate. At least I think it was dogs.

that is what they say however my dog Ringo is a chocolate freak

but then again she believes that she is entitled to anything we eat

aspirin is deadly to cats

many years ago i killed my dads old cat by accident

giving him 1/2 aspirin

the next morning

he found the cat dead as a door nail

thinking he had some mystery plague

we took the cat to the vet to see what happened

as we talked to the vet the aspirin came up

he stopped us right there and said that is

what killed your cat

he was a nice cat too

the odd thing though it apparently was his 9th life ta boot

I've heard that you're not supposed to give dogs chocolate. At least I think it was dogs.

giving him 1/2 aspirin

the next morning

what killed your cat

he was a nice cat too

Aww, how sad.

My neighbor was cutting the grass several weeks back, I heard loud meowing coming from their bushes. Two little kittens, about a week old. No sign of mom cat. Found someone with newborn kitten experience to take them. Sadly, neither made it. Respiratory problems.

This respiratory problem business is very concerning. I am sorry to hear the little kittens didn't make it. My older cat came down with a respiratory problem very suddenly a few months ago. I was very concerned about her and we had the doctor look at her and he gave her some medicine and a shot and she had one tiny relapse - my husband took her back and after that she was fine - now my baby cat ( who is almost a year old but we call her the baby ) suddenly developed a bad cough today! I told my husband please take her to the doctor tomorrow - I am worried about that cough - I looked it up tonight online and they say that sometimes a sneeze can be mistaken for a cough but I am not taking any chances with her because although she is very fluffy she is quite slender - not much weight on her at all - she cannot get sick. I'm going to put some anointing oil on her head and pray for her too but I want her doctor to have a look at her because my husband said coughs indicate a respiratory problem.

I noticed that it said the website said never give chocolate to a dog. Both of my cats have a little bit of ice cream sometimes with whipped cream and a little chocolate syrup. It isn't an all the time thing and not a lot but they like to have something sweet once in a while. I am not going to give them anything chocolate any more. My older cat likes strawberry yogurt once in awhile but they both eat very well - and those are just little treats aside from the cat treat sort of thing.

These kittens were too young, about a week old. I think they needed their mom for another six weeks and they would have been ok.

My youngest cat (found him and his 3 brothers under the shed) developed a cough this past spring, trouble breathing. Vet says he has asthma and that it's not uncommon in cats. We have prednisone to give him if it gets bad. Mostly he's fine, just once in a while he coughs.

Chocolate is bad for dogs. Why is chocolate bad for dogs ASPCA

giving him 1/2 aspirin

the next morning

what killed your cat

he was a nice cat too

Why did you give him aspirin?

I have three regualr strays. Two look like brothers and are black with white. Almost the same except one is slightly bigger and the smaller one has a white spot on its back. The other one is a tiger cat with three legs. Missing the lower half of the left rear. He has been that way since birth. There are four others, but they can be gone for weeks at a time.

Forum List

Back