Where is heaven? Where is Hell?

Do you believe in the existence of Heaven and Hell?

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We've gotten off topic. Can you explain where heaven and hell reside? The Biblical references point to a heaven and hell but do not say WHERE it is.

It is one temporary place that eventually gets put into a permanent place.

It is thought to be the grave at first.

The second compartment of hell (Abraham's bosom) was emptied out and was the throne room of God.

The location of Heaven may be an anthropomorphism which isn't going to tell you the location.
It is the best attempt I've seen at answering the question. I had to look up anthropomorphism. Anthropomorphism (I won't forget that word) is the attribution of human form or characteristics to anything other than a human being. (Wikipedia) If ascribing human emotions or motives to forces of nature, such as hurricanes or earthquakes, etc., I can see how heaven could be somewhere out there in the cosmos. But it is a man-made concept attributed to God.

Last edited:
Of course, those seeking power using such beliefs fashion them in their own fashion for their own needs. "Follow me and I shall show you the light" - but don't forget to give me a goodly portion of your worldly wealth for doing so.

God doesn't need your money. I haven't asked for a dime doing evangelism for 27 years.

Psalm 50:10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.

God doesn't need your money.

I'm sorry you feel your thin skin was pricked.

I was not talking about YOU as I don't know you. I was talking about priests in general, those leading religious organizations.

A huge majority of religious leaders live off their followers as they do not have otherwise productive careers.

Last edited:
Of course, those seeking power using such beliefs fashion them in their own fashion for their own needs. "Follow me and I shall show you the light" - but don't forget to give me a goodly portion of your worldly wealth for doing so.

God doesn't need your money. I haven't asked for a dime doing evangelism for 27 years.

Psalm 50:10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.

God doesn't need your money.

I'm sorry you feel your thin skin was pricked.

I was not talking about YOU as I don't know you. I was talking about priests in general, those leading religious organizations.

A huge majority of religious leaders live off their followers as they do not have otherwise productive careers.

Years ago, I started a thread on another board which asked, "Are false teachers an aid to faith?" Why not? Or why would God allow it? A woman joined for a month and said she started having Bible studies with the Jehovah Witnesses and realized that it was just nonsense and now she is a Christian. How would you know what love was if there wasn't a thing such as sin? If Eve said, "Adam, do you love me?" would Adam reply, "who else?"

The false teachers know who they are but in some ways they are an aid to faith even though I don't endorse it. Who cares about them. I care about what is real. I care about God and His word because that is the real thing.

Do you believe in the existence of a real heaven and hell?

Chuckt, I thought you might be interested in this article. It describes Anthropomorphism from the perspective of various philosophies.

Anthropomorphism

I believe heaven and hell are a state of mind...a real inner peace in the case of heaven and misery and turmoil in the case of hell.

:dunno:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFPajU-d-Ek]Belinda Carlisle - Heaven Is a Place on Earth (HQ) - YouTube[/ame]

Heaven and hell is a man-made concept. It does not exist except in the mind. Heaven to me is a state of mind...a state of inner peace and serenity and beauty. It is what Buddhist's call light of consciousness or conscious presence.

so your other thread, about how long it would take Christ to reach heaven, is bullshit spam.

Got it.

I believe heaven and hell are a state of mind...a real inner peace in the case of heaven and misery and turmoil in the case of hell.

Yup. As outward examples based on their board personas, Foxfyre and kevinkennedy on one side, and Koshergrl and Yurt on the other.

Excellent.

I have no data concerning the afterlife either way. Yes, no, maybe so. I tend to think it's lights out at death and that's that until the Heat Death of the Universe.

That said, I find the idea of Hell being an eternal torment to be at odds with a God of Love. Punishment exists to teach. If one cannot be punished and then redeemed after death, then what good is Hell? God becomes little more than a mobster who says "I offered you my protection and you rejected it, so here's an eternity with my goons. Enjoy." That doesn't sound very loving to me. It sound more like an abusive husband who beats on his wife and says "Baby I love you. Why do you make me hit you?"

I suspect if a Hell exists, it is simply an absence of God.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back