Where is heaven? Where is Hell?

Do you believe in the existence of Heaven and Hell?

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pacer

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2013
Where is heaven? Is it a place? Is it in our imagination? Is it a concept of mind signifying a deeper underlying meaning? Likewise, where is hell?

Looking forward to your reply.

Yes, thank you. In other words, it is a concept of mind as in our imagination.

Where is heaven? Is it a place? Is it in our imagination? Is it a concept of mind signifying a deeper underlying meaning? Likewise, where is hell?

Looking forward to your reply.

When I know what you want to prove then maybe I'll answer.

No imagination is a concept you can grasp. You can define it.

So no not like imagination.

You lost me. If heaven is a concept of mind, it was generated from the mind and, therefore, can be imagined.

Last edited:
Take a left for Hell, and a right for Heaven.

th

No imagination is a concept you can grasp. You can define it.

So no not like imagination.

You lost me. If heaven is a concept of mind, it was generated from the mind and, therefore, can be imagined.

It was generated from a book that contains words that supposedly originated from something that we cannot grasp.

So it was not generated from any mind and cannot be compared to imagination.

It was generated from a book that contains words that supposedly originated from something that we cannot grasp.

So it was not generated from any mind.
But the book did not generate itself. The 'word(s)' were generated from the mind of man. Where is heaven and hell if not in one's own imagination? It is man who invented the concept of a heaven and hell and attributed it to the word of God.

All societies everywhere in the world had and have today different concepts of what life after death will be. Many prepare burial sites with things they feel they will need in the afterlife. Almost all believe that certain actions will cause one to suffer in the afterlife while others believe the opposite.

As it is universal in all cultures, it would appear to me to be something factual.

Of course, those seeking power using such beliefs fashion them in their own fashion for their own needs. "Follow me and I shall show you the light" - but don't forget to give me a goodly portion of your worldly wealth for doing so.

Of course, those seeking power using such beliefs fashion them in their own fashion for their own needs. "Follow me and I shall show you the light" - but don't forget to give me a goodly portion of your worldly wealth for doing so.

God doesn't need your money. I haven't asked for a dime doing evangelism for 27 years.

Psalm 50:10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.

God doesn't need your money.

God doesn't need your money.
But there is a lot of money to be made in preaching the Gospel.

Most do not make money on preaching the gospel. Most pastors can't get their churches above 80 people.

There is a difference between raising your own support which isn't wrong.

We got a raise at work and our question is, "how much is enough?" Even if I made money on this (which I don't), I wouldn't get $3.35 an our out of it considering how many hours I put in.

Do you not have your place of residence paid for by the congregation?

We've gotten off topic. Can you explain where heaven and hell reside? The Biblical references point to a heaven and hell but do not say WHERE it is.

Last edited:
We've gotten off topic. Can you explain where heaven and hell reside? The Biblical references point to a heaven and hell but do not say WHERE it is.

It is one temporary place that eventually gets put into a permanent place.

It is thought to be the grave at first.

The second compartment of hell (Abraham's bosom) was emptied out and was the throne room of God.

The location of Heaven may be an anthropomorphism which isn't going to tell you the location.

Forum List

Back