When Loved Ones Won't Be Around For Christmastime

How do you guys handle the stress? I'm just curious because right now there's a chance that might be happening to me and I am completely beside myself about it because it just really wouldn't be Christmas to me then. :sigh2:

Call them. Talk to them several times during the holiday.

FaceTime them. If they can't be there they can still be included.

How do you guys handle the stress? I'm just curious because right now there's a chance that might be happening to me and I am completely beside myself about it because it just really wouldn't be Christmas to me then. :sigh2:
My husband and soulmate passed away seven years ago. We moved close to relatives in Texas after spending 35 years in Wyoming and 5 years in Oregon due to my husband's job headquarters are there. Wyoming was just too cold, and I had fibromyalgia to add to the problem. Well, after my husband died, 3 or 4 months later, my dear sister Janice who lived nearby, died too. I'm shy and spend a lot of time sewing charity quilts for the babies of single moms, so I don't get out much, living out in the country.

I have a different approach than you do about God due to my years of teaching Sunday School while the kids were growing up, plus I loved my family's church and learned the basics from far better teachers than me. In the third grade, Mrs. White assigned the class to memorize Psalms 100, which basically explains who we, God's people are in simple parallels. We learned what the ten commandments were, and we learned the story of Jesus, who taught thousands of people on the side of a mountain about God's love; he healed the sick, made the blind to see, and healed a man who could no longer walk, and told him to pick up and carry his bed, now that he could walk again. He performed healing miracles, and people who were confused about God were taught by Jesus how to pray (not to himself) but like this: "Our father who art in Heaven, Ha lowed be thy name. thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for thine is the Kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen."

Some parts of the new Testament tell us of Christ's advice: "Believe in the Lord, and Ye shall be saved."

You said something that tells me you may need to renew your faith. You said, "To be quite honest with you even when I'm trying to focus on Jesus right now I'm sort of upset with Him that He's allowing this to happen. I'm more hurt and confused than angry at Him though."

In Psalms 100, the writer tells us "Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Come before his presence with singing; we are his people and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his courts with thanksgiving and praise his name."

John 3: 16 tells us to believe in the Lord, Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved." And if we are humble, we believe that our Lord is the good Shepherd, and we are the sheep of HIS pasture, and we are not his boss, not his judge, but if we are believers in the Word, we are his obedient followers. I think if you make him your Lord, he will rejoice in you fully. I'm going to pray that you will get the basics untangled and that your trust in God may be renewed. If I can ever help you in any way, pm me, but I think you won't have to do that because you will remember who's in charge (God) and that his love for you is true and everlasting on good and bad days alike. Don't worry about worldly possessions.

It's late, and my old bones are aching. Hope all your needs are met and that peace and goodness will come to you in short order. Love, beautress.

All that I can tell you to do is try your best to focus on what and who is still in your picture.

God bless you and your family always!!!

Holly (a girl who is in the same boat as you)

Whoever it is must be in bad shape if they won't be around in a month. Maybe if you stopped feeling sorry for yourself you could show some concern for the person.

Whoever it is must be in bad shape if they won't be around in a month. Maybe if you stopped feeling sorry for yourself you could show some concern for the person.

Well obviously I feel concern for them.

Forum List

Back